The Book Of Enoch

The Book of Enoch is one of the most suppressed and ignored reads for sure, but also one of the most important reads for seekers.

I can not begin to express how many people I've run into who are extremely religious, yet have never read or even HEARD of the Bool of Encoch.

Wanna see a deer in headlights?
Confront a priest with this and you'll have some fun. LoL

Kairos

The book of Enoch was originally part of the books of the Bible. Removed in recent history yet still exists as a part of the original Bible in parts of Africa.

It is one of the most telling books in scripture. Enoch was amazing!

It was never part of Canon. There is a quote from it in scripture, but the book itself is rejected by most Christian groups going back to before there the Canon was even standardized to become what we today call the Bible. Most Jews rejected this book as well.

Another truly fascinating book. I enjoy the Gospel of Thomas also.
Yea this is another must read for sure....The Gospel of Thomas was the direct literal accounting of Jesus walking around the planet.

It's almost like a bad comedy script that Enoch & Thomas are left out of the main stream.

This is why religion is bad mmmkkaay??

@Angelhairhead123 Nice drop....check this link out seekers.

taykair

I'm just wondering (and I'm not posting this in order to disparage or mock those who find worth in Enoch or Thomas or any of the other works which were "banned from the Bible", believe me) if those who find these writings to be of such import would still do so if they were actually a part of the Biblical canon.

I kind of doubt it. I think that a large part of the appeal of these texts lies in the fact that they are not part of the Bible. If they were, then I'm sure that folks who presently find such value in those texts would probably treat them in much the same way as they do the Bible - either scorning them, mocking them, or (as many do with the Bible) just plain ignoring them. Familiarity does tend to breed contempt in this regard.

This is not to say that folks can't appreciate both the Bible and non-Biblical texts. I certainly do. However, a lot of the time, we tend to downplay that with which we are familiar in order to seek out what we believe to be novel. We drop the dull stone we were holding in order to pursue some shiny pebble in the distance.

It's unnecessary. It's indefensible. It's unfortunate.

It is, however, very human.

alpha centauri

The Book of Enoch is one of the most suppressed and ignored reads for sure, but also one of the most important reads for seekers.

I can not begin to express how many people I've run into who are extremely religious, yet have never read or even HEARD of the Bool of Encoch.

Wanna see a deer in headlights?
Confront a priest with this and you'll have some fun. LoL

Hm I run into a lot of fundamentalists that knew the book and they were the only ones. Normal people or people that are interested in the paranormal usually didnt knew it. But I think I dont live where you live.

The book is quoted in the bible so they think the scribes of the bible knew the book. So the book is most probably also true they say.

Non-canonical books referenced in the Bible - Wikipedia

Harte

The book was new when the Bible was compiled. It was only written in the 1st Century BC.
It's natural place would have been in the Old Testament, which is based on the Torah.

No way to honestly place the Book of Enoch there, since the Torah is far older and has no tradition of considering the Book of Enoch as scripture.

Harte