The Chosen

SergiusPaulus

Have you seen the series? I downloaded the app on my phone a few days ago. The episodes are pretty good. Some people are attracted to church. Others are attracted to televangelists. The chosen is about Jesus ministry when he chose his disciples. I think it’s pretty good. If you want to watch the New Testament of the Bible in this program it may inspire or lead you to read it.

SergiusPaulus

It’s an app you download for free onto your phone or computer. I use an iPhone so I got it at the Apple App Store. It’s free. It plays the episodes inside the app.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It’s an app you download for free onto your phone or computer. I use an iPhone so I got it at the Apple App Store. It’s free. It plays the episodes inside the app.

What's it called? I know they are apps. I'm just still old school and call them channels.

SergiusPaulus

It’s not on TV to my knowledge. It’s an app for Apple or PC. It’s called “The Chosen”. I think they chose computer versus TV so they could spread it further around the world. Attached is a screenshot of the App Store on the iPhone.

Attachments

• 1B9ECDCA-EB03-4929-B6D6-F0D2F4366B95.png
    1B9ECDCA-EB03-4929-B6D6-F0D2F4366B95.png
    325.4 KB · Views: 3

Beholder

Using phone addiction and gamification to control people's minds with random notifications and fear of social exclusion. What a great way to start my own cult. :LOL:

SergiusPaulus

Indeed Religion is a tough subject. But some words are not religious even though they are found in religious writings. For example commandments. That always sounded harsh to me but rules seems less harsh. I prefer blessings. Matthew 5 in the New Testament speaks about them. Again more like rules of how to live rather than what to avoid. It’s sometimes easier for a child to understand and accept a belief than for adults who may have had little exposure to a belief as a child. I grew up in church so believing in something was taught innocently at a young age and progressed. I don’t try to know everything about religion I usually just start with a favorite topic and let my imagination wander beyond that. If you know nothing of religion then it can be very intimidating to know where to start. I always start with Matthew 5. It’s a simple place to start for some.

Beholder

Indeed Religion is a tough subject. But some words are not religious even though they are found in religious writings. For example commandments. That always sounded harsh to me but rules seems less harsh. I prefer blessings. Matthew 5 in the New Testament speaks about them. Again more like rules of how to live rather than what to avoid. It’s sometimes easier for a child to understand and accept a belief than for adults who may have had little exposure to a belief as a child. I grew up in church so believing in something was taught innocently at a young age and progressed. I don’t try to know everything about religion I usually just start with a favorite topic and let my imagination wander beyond that. If you know nothing of religion then it can be very intimidating to know where to start. I always start with Matthew 5. It’s a simple place to start for some.
People lie, kill and steal all the time. Calling it the "Ten Moral Guidelines" would not help.

SergiusPaulus

I agree. If there was just some way to help people not lie kill and steal. I use to think Matthew 5 was a response to the commandments. The commandments mentioned things to do and not do while Matthew 5, primarily speaks about how to live and the preferred behaviors of people. <><