The Dark Side Of The Moon

hueyp

im pretty sure any of us can leave our bodies anytime and go there. im so far behind spiritually that i get scared anytime i try to leave my body, but some of you could try it. there is probably an alien human base there for some kind of negative purpose.

on a lighter note have any of you watched the wizard of oz with pink floyd's dark side of the moon? try it. its beautiful and creepy at the same time. there are A LOT of albums that synchronize with movies. i havent decided if the muscians are trying to tell us something or if its those nutty masons again.

also hello everybody its nice to see people as crazy as me.

CaryP

also hello everybody its nice to see people as crazy as me.

Welcome to the asylum hueyp. Is that hueyp as in Huey P. Long, former governor of Louisiana? Just wondering. You might want to make an introduction in the Introduce Yourself thread.

Cary

darkbreed

Re: The Dark Side Of The Moon

Starlord: intersting photos, seems very metallic and smooth

I remember i saw photos from the dark side of the moon taken by both USA and Russia. And I found it weird how different they looked from eachother, nothing seemed to match as far i remember. One showing a heavily bombarded deep craters filled area and the other more smooth and different craters and such. I'm also pretty sure i saw huge differences in the photos NASA themself had taken at different times

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"darkbreed\")</div>
Starlord: intersting photos, seems very metallic and smooth

I remember i saw photos from the dark side of the moon taken by both USA and Russia. And I found it weird how different they looked from eachother, nothing seemed to match as far i remember. One showing a heavily bombarded deep craters filled area and the other more smooth and different craters and such. I'm also pretty sure i saw huge differences in the photos NASA themself had taken at different times[/b]

Too bad they won't release the one's of artifical type buildings. That would stir up the knitting circles wouldn't it???

Heinrich Hundekok

Ummm... just curious:

Why is it called the DARK side of the moon anyway? It receives the exact same amount of light as the side facing us - well, even more if you count in eclipses as well.

Oh and by the way:

Starlord said:
The moon at one time had an atmosphere and those craters were not all created by meteors if you know what I mean. nudge nudge wink wink

Sorry pal, no such thing. Too little mass - any gas on the moon-surface heated by the sun would speed up (since heat=atomic motion) enough to leave the poor old sattelite all together. Some heavy "gases" like sodium and potassium occur in very small amounts. Helium and argon too, but way no oxygen, chlorine, fluor or any other electronegative vaporous bases that might support any kind of life.

No Selenites - No crystal tower - No strange original civilization on the far side of the moon (not counting in any illegal aliens -LOL?)

H.H.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Heinrich Hundekok\")</div>
Ummm... just curious:

Why is it called the DARK side of the moon anyway? It receives the exact same amount of light as the side facing us - well, even more if you count in eclipses as well.

Oh and by the way:

Starlord said:

Sorry pal, no such thing. Too little mass - any gas on the moon-surface heated by the sun would speed up (since heat=atomic motion) enough to leave the poor old sattelite all together. Some heavy \"gases\" like sodium and potassium occur in very small amounts. Helium and argon too, but way no oxygen, chlorine, fluor or any other electronegative vaporous bases that might support any kind of life.

No Selenites - No crystal tower - No strange original civilization on the far side of the moon (not counting in any illegal aliens -LOL?)

H.H.[/b]

Indeed? Are you very sure of that?

http://www.agu.org/sci_soc/prrl/prrl9826.htm

http://www.iac.es/galeria/mrk/atmo_lun.html

It would seem that Experts disagree with you.

Heinrich Hundekok

Starlord, (*sigh!*)

Moons atmosphere now (according to the link you posted):

These experiments revealed that there is a very tenuous lunar atmosphere, which has a total mass of only about 10 000Kg (10 tonnes).

Moons theorized-about atmosphere in the past:

There is even some evidence, from the lack of certain sizes of microcraters in surface dust that the Moon did have such an atmosphere in the past, perhaps as much as 10 million times denser than now.

Resembling a total possible atmosphere mass of 100 million tonnes or 1x10E10 kg. Remember this is theory, not the moon's present atmosphere!

For comparison:

Mass of Earths atmosphere: 5 - 5.3x10E18 kg

Mass of Mars' atmosphere: 2.5x10E16 kg.

(I'm not that good with exponential values, but I'm quite certain I got it right - go check for yourselves.)

Basically, what these numbers tell us, is that the moon might have had an atmosphere 2,500,000 times lighter than the one Mars has now, and that the moons present atmosphere is 10,000,000 times lighter than that, beeing a total of 2.5x10E11 times lighter than Mars' atmosphere.

Besides, it's mostly made of vaporized light metals and gases like argon and helium. Go take a deeep breath Starlord!!

:p

H.H.

btw. your first link does'nt work!

Reference:

http://www.iac.es/galeria/mrk/atmo_lun.html
http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~soper/Moon/atmosphere.html
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/LouiseLiu.shtml
http://home.cwru.edu/~sjr16/advanced/mars.html

StarLord

So, you made a reference to the moon not having enough mass to support a atmosphere right? How do we know what the mass of the moon is? If I remember correctly, not much in the way of drilling for samples has been done. If the core of the moon was solidified nickle-iron, would there be enough mass to satisify the abounding skeptics (*sigh*)?

As the theory goes, the moon may have had an atmosphere at one time, if there was enough cloud cover, not much would be lost due to the ravages of the sun's radiation, eh?

Yes, whats left there NOW is just that, you also left out a few other elements, but what was there before when there was an atmosphere? Can you say 100% sure that there was none?