The minutemen are a cross between Abu Ghraib and the KKK

Crosstika

Re: The minutemen are a cross between Abu Ghraib and the KKK

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0407-04.htm

Published on Thursday, April 7, 2005 by the Associated Press

Immigrant Says Minuteman Volunteers Watching Arizona Border Held Him Against His Will

by Arthur H. Rotstein

TUCSON, AZ -- Three volunteers patrolling the border for illegal immigrants were being investigated after a man told authorities he was held against his will and forced to pose for a picture holding a T-shirt with a mocking slogan.

The volunteers said they were members of the Minuteman Project - a monthlong effort that has people from around the country fanned out along the border to report undocumented migrants and smugglers. Law enforcement officials have said they fear the project will lead to vigilante violence.

Border Patrol agents called in deputies from the Cochise County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday afternoon to report that an immigrant was detained by three men who identified themselves as project volunteers.

Carol Capas, a sheriff's office spokeswoman, said the 26-year-old Mexican man told agents he was physically restrained and forced to hold a shirt while his picture was taken and he was videotaped.

Crosstika

Minuteman organizer James Gilchrist defends white supremacists from Alan Colmes: "Why are you picking on them?"

Reacting to Fox News host Alan Colmes's reference to news reports that white supremacists may have joined the Minuteman Project's efforts to prevent illegal immigrants from entering the United States via the Mexican border, Minuteman organizer James Gilchrist condemned supremacists but contended that "there are supremacist groups out there of all races, colors and creeds" and accused Colmes of "picking on" the white supremacists. Gilchrist has acknowledged that "white supremacists want us to wage a full battle at the border," but has denied that he is a racist: "Some people have said I'm racist, and that's just not true. ... My son-in-law is a full-on Mexican, and my grandson is half-Mexican."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200504060003

Crosstika

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving gang of pistol packin' ,beer cooler totin' xenophobic "patriots"

Minuteman Project Volunteers Face Probe

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ory&cid=519&nci...

Three volunteers patrolling the border for illegal immigrants were being investigated after a man told authorities he was held against his will and forced to pose for a picture holding a T-shirt with a mocking slogan.

<snip>

Carol Capas, a sheriff's office spokeswoman, said the 26-year-old Mexican man told agents he was physically restrained and forced to hold a shirt while his picture was taken and he was videotaped.

<more>

artsouth

well i guess the evangailcals had to send there representives to the border... after all they claim that they know whats best for ALL of us.......

artsouth

and look! everything is comming up roses!!!! everyone has a job,everone gets along, not a chemtrail in the sky,we can all retire with out worry...and live the american dream :dry: NOT!!

CaryP

Crosstika,

Be prepared to take some heat on this one pal. I don't see the Minute Man Project as anything you're alleging here. I'm not going to get into here with you, but I suspect there will be some. Just remember you asked for this.

Cary

Darkwolf

Realworld news

04/07/2005

Mexican invader lying through his teeth

Theres a more appropriate headline for that event. The minutemen didn't turn out to have bad intentions, so their enemies made somthing up. As to their detaining the guy, they actually do have a right to do that. Its called a citizen's arrest.
Crosstica, it seems to me that you are falling into the false division between right and left here. You are blaming one side for all of the ills in this country, and blinding yourself to the fact that both sides are doing the same things. Wake up man, your thinking exactly as they want you to.

CaryP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwolf\")</div>
Realworld news

04/07/2005

Mexican invader lying through his teeth ?

Theres a more appropriate headline for that event. The minutemen didn't turn out to have bad intentions, so their enemies made somthing up. As to their detaining the guy, they actually do have a right to do that. Its called a citizen's arrest.
Crosstica, it seems to me that you are falling into the false division between right and left here. You are blaming one side for all of the ills in this country, and blinding yourself to the fact that both sides are doing the same things. Wake up man, your thinking exactly as they want you to.[/b]

Well said Darkwolf, and a tad more civil than I anticipated. LOL I got to agree with you on creating a division among the populace as a goal of "both sides of the aisle" in Washington. Keeps the spot light off of what they're up to in Washington.

Cary

Crosstika

Realworld news

04/07/2005

Mexican invader lying through his teeth ?

Theres a more appropriate headline for that event. The minutemen didn't turn out to have bad intentions, so their enemies made somthing up. As to their detaining the guy, they actually do have a right to do that. Its called a citizen's arrest. [/b]

No link? Oh I get it, you had to make it up.

By the way, I thought these good ole boys were just calling in border patrol, not detaining anyone or making arrests?

Crosstica, it seems to me that you are falling into the false division between right and left here. You are blaming one side for all of the ills in this country, and blinding yourself to the fact that both sides are doing the same things. Wake up man, your thinking exactly as they want you to.[/b]

Do you suppose you could go into deeper detail?

So there's absolutely no difference in being for example " pro abortion" and "against abortion" or " pro gay rights" and " anti- gay rights"? Which ideology do "They" want me to take.. I'm baffled.