The picture thread!

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Re: The picture thread!

wow at that kindah speed how long did it take to empty the gas tank 29min.&14sec?????? how did the tires hold up to sustained high speed like that. you got balls the size of vw micro bus

Keroscene

fishingna2.gif

A picture of me out fishing on the St Lawerence river. ITs not a very big fish, but its pretty good size for the bullheads we usually catch around here. I was out that day with a firend who came to vist from South Korea, I'm sitting int he front of my canoe and hes in the back. Fishing and video gaming are probably my two favorite things to do with my free time. And reading about crazy stuff on the internets.

jurgen36

kc wildman said:
wow at that kindah speed how long did it take to empty the gas tank 29min.&14sec?????? how did the tires hold up to sustained high speed like that. you got balls the size of vw micro bus

That is not really a high speed. Also all this cars had special tires and reasonable big fuel tanks. Fuel in that days was quite cheap, not like today. Real sustained high speed running was fun on the Autobahnes in Germany. In 1973 I bought a Mercedes 280SE in Hamburg and had to go to Freiburg. About a 1000 kilometers. Well I wanted to run the car in and was sitting at a steady 180 KMh about 110 MPh, I was really blocking the traffic at that snake speed. Finally I throw the towel and continued the trip at the speed of most of the other traffic at about 260 KMh. In that days there was only a speed limit of 130 KMh 82 MPH MINIMUM speed on most patches of the Autobahn, there was no high speed limit. You actually found quite a few cars which overtook me while I was doing 260KMh or 163 MPh. Do not forget that the European cars are not Detroit Irons, I believe even the fastest US production car could not compete in standard form against a European BMW or Mercedes in unmodified form. Also the less is said about the handling of US cars the better. I have driven in more then 80 countries and never ever had a US build car which could outperform the European cars in the same price range. For other reasons, mainly to impress my Thai girl friend, I bought a Cadillac Eldorado in 1974 in LA, drove the car to New York on the old route 66, shipped it to Germany and then drove the heap of scrap iron to Thailand. Well I did that trip the year before in a 280se, I used about 3 times the amount of fuel in the Caddy, and took almost 3 times the amount of time. I was so disgusted with the poor performance and handling characteristic of that heap of scrap that I never touched the car again after arrival in Bangkok. I drove it to the army barracks and let it rust to pieces. A very well deserved end for a disgusting car. Sorry but I was mainly used to real sports cars and not to sedans or so called sports cars. I did enter quite a few rally's and even formula 1 races in my time and always , but not now were holder of a competition license.
OK enough of my ravings.
Regards

kcwildman

Beastmaster

baudmiksen said:
fishingna2.gif

A picture of me out fishing on the St Lawerence river. ITs not a very big fish, but its pretty good size for the bullheads we usually catch around here. I was out that day with a firend who came to vist from South Korea, I'm sitting int he front of my canoe and hes in the back. Fishing and video gaming are probably my two favorite things to do with my free time. And reading about crazy stuff on the internets.
oh yeh a fisherman cool

Keroscene

More pictures? No not of me, ill spare you all this time. It would be nice if we could do more than three at once though in this thread.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Wow, the "car in your car" joke is so bad it's good. lol
Let alone the CPU. I didn't know P3 needed so much termal grease! hehe

Keroscene

LOL The CPU and the xibit one I found in some kind of image directory. I happen to have some time off of work....errr thats my excuse

but I couldnt forget some religious ones. And one seeing I thought was pretty funny since I'm a carpenter.

Whitelight

kc wildman said:
nah looks great to me thanks G
hey 7 thanks
I love that bike, she's just your basic black with a name and a bit of an addittude.
glad to see you too whitelight been readin your words for a while now glad to meet face to face so to speak
but I been talkin bout her rond the net so here we is in color

Thanks KC! It's always super weird to see what people look like when you've been picturing them based on their words.

I like Brents pic, he looks like a fifties greaser :) Rock on.