The World

sosuemetoo

The World

Originally posted by PyRo99@Oct 18 2004, 10:27 PM
So now, 9-11 happened, and we're discriminating against Muslims.

Okay, based on what our government has told us, and the films of Bin Laden and various muslim leader is accurate ... The people that seek to kill Americans are not 70 year old American women screaming for their social security checks.

If discriminating is searching someone that looks middle eastern at the airport before they board a plane, then I guess we are. If discriminating is checking for expired visas and deporting those that are not supposed to be here, then I guess we are. If discriminating is yelling, "why do they want to kill Americans, Christians and Jews" after hearing muslim leaders tell us their mission is to kill the infidels, then I guess we are.

if you fear them give me 10 reasons why, and maybe I'll give your thoughts the time of day as to why you called them that.

I fear some of them because they seek to kill me in the name of Allah simply because I am American and Christian.

Also, Americans, wake up. We can take arms, we do have Civil Liberties, that have not yet been stolen by the American government. If enough of us start speaking up, our voices will be heard in Washington D.C., though it doesn't seem like it is possible it is.

Yes, it is in our constitution that we can do this. We can also write our congressmen expressing our displeasure.

The Patriot Act, has stolen our civil liberties, and thrown them out the window, wake up. They're not doing this to benefit us, they're doing it so they can turn us into a Totalitarian Nation.

I have argued this at nauseum so I'll be brief. We made many mistakes with regards to security before 9/11. The Patriot Act did take away some civil liberties. However, because of my desire to keep my family safe and because I have nothing to hide and most of us don't either, let it stand. I also don't believe that the Patriot Act will last forever. Once the War on Terror is over or at least under control, the Patriot Act will probably be revoked. I know many disagree with me on this, it is just the way I feel.

\"Dissenting, is the highest form of Patriotism.\"-Thomas Jefferson.

Yes but I believe he was referring to Dissenting from the Crown of England which would have been a patriotic American during the Revolutionary war. We have freedom of speech in this country and you are allowed to speak against the government. However if someone is screaming "I hate America" and lives off the fat of our land, I call that unpatriotic and ask that they leave to find a better country. If our country is so awful, then why do we have an estimated 8,000 people sneaking thru our boarder with Mexico? And, they are not all Mexicans!

Now onto Canada. You are the 51st state to America, even Puerto Rico doesn't want to belong to us. However, realize this, we do have control of your country during the case of a terrorist attack at the RED ALERT. Meaning, you too are placed under Martial Law.

Now this is new information for me. Could you provide a link on this, I would like to read about it.

sosuemetoo

The World

Part II to my post:

United Kingdom. I've got nothing bad to say about you guys, other than, stop being bullied by the USA. We are not some \"brute force\" as everyone wants us to belive. We are whimps, its true. Invade our country, and we'll fall apart, because people are so intensely tied to their \"Work life\", they've forgotten how too shoot a gun. Our military, is over in Iraq, and Afghanistan. All you have to worry about is the National guard, but they too are going too Iraq.

Our military is all over the world right now by invitation. While I don't believe we are stretched too thin, I think it is time that we leave all countries except Afghanistan and Iraq. Let them defend their own boarders and their own countries. I know some of the bases are there for strategic reasons, but I believe many of them still remain because of the agreement we made after World War II.

France, SHUT UP. That is my two best words for you. We hate you, and you hate us, thats as easy as it is to put it. We have racist terms for you, as you do for us. Its give and its take. Chirac, if you want too prevent us from dealing more damage, rally the European Nations against the United States. Realize that we have power in the United Nations, and that fighting with them, is going to essentially get you no where. French citizens', I know you hate us, but you have to stop harassing us, and we will stop harassing you. Its give and it is take, we prevent angers from raging from within even better.

I don't hate France, but I admit being angry with them as well as Germany and Russia. They were receiving kickbacks by Saddam Huissen right up to the day the Coalition entered Iraq. If you would have voted against the resolution anyway, then why take the money? You voted against it to keep your cushy contracts without thought that Iraq citizens were suffering under a dictator. Shame on you!

As for the UN, I wish American would disassociate itself from this establishment. We give billions in aid (my tax dollars by the way) to line the pockets of people like Kofie Annan and his son. We give to nations that are suffering. For what? I don't hear a "thank you" for aid that we are giving. Tell the UN to reside in a different nation, so that we don't have to pay for the ambassador's housing, traffic tickets, tutoring/private schools for their children, and hear "diplomatic immunity" when they do something wrong. I figure if we leave the UN and they are housed elsewhere, we stop giving aid to ALL countries and simply just trade with them, my husband and I will have more in our paycheck per month.

Nations of the world, that I have forgotten in this big long post. We need to unite, citizens, unite. We need to prevent World War III from happening because if we don't, we are going to have massive casualties, that should've been prevented.

I don't think there is any way to prevent it this late in the game. All we can do is prepare if it does indeed come to pass.

Homosexuality, if you want to be a gay, or a lesbian, fine, that is your right and you are entitled too it. Why are so many people fighting about this?

I believe the answer to this is because they are comparing it to racism. When I look at a black person, I know that he is black. When I look at a homosexual, I don't know that he/she is. Frankly I don't want to know. Why do I need to know what your sexual preference is? I don't have a heterosexual pride week where I parade down main street with my husband. I don't have a White College fund because my mind is a terrible thing to waste. I don't have a White History Month. If we stopped looking at people differently and giving perks to certain people because of their differences, I believe we would have more people looking at others equally.

Also, Christians, I don't know how devout you are, but Islam is a bad religion, but your religion is not much better. You have the Crusades, but its suddenly wrong for Jihadits too attack. You are the biggest, and the most hypocrtical people I have ever met. Though, I do not support Terrorists, because they are ridiculous in how they have to get their point across.

This is where I really struggle to understand. We are all free to practice religion the way we so choose. If the terrorists real goal is to convert America to a muslim country then tell us why Islam is better. Scaring us to death, beheading our people in the name of religion, threatening to kill all Christians and Jews is not going to get me to run to the local mosque and convert. Further, if you are muslim and you disagree with the tactics of the terrorists, please have the heads of your mosques disavow these terrorists and explain to them that they will not be going to see Allah in the afterlife.

sosuemetoo

The World

Originally posted by pauli@Oct 20 2004, 04:46 AM
You asked: \"So its alright to kill in means of war?\"

Well, actually, \"Yes,\" depending upon the circumstances. Defensive war is allowed. The quote is not \"Thou shalt not kill,\" it is \"Thou shalt not murder.\" The hebrew reads, \"Lo Tirtzach.\" And here is Rashi's commentary on this commandment. (Rashi was and is the most highly regarded scholarly commentary on the Hebrew Bible and is accepted universally in the Jewish world.)

Thank you for that clarification, Pauli. I remember being a young teenager and asking my pastor about this. So many times when we memorize the ten commandments, we memorize it as "kill" and not "murder"

PyRo99

The World

Sosuemetoo,

I was like you at one point, thinking that the Patriot Act saved me. Define saving, define it giving me a sense of safety. It doesn't, its just an act, a placebo merely, to calm the American population down, to think that it will provide security. Do I see the DHS/CIA/FBI/NSA, doing thier jobs without it before? Your damn right I did, now they need an act? Puhhlease, why do you think Cheney said "There is no time to read it, DO YOU WANT to be the reason of another terrorist attack?"

We've got 10,000 soldiers in Afghanistan, in about the equal size of the State of Kansas. My city has more residents than troops serving in Afghanistan.

France, will be France, heck the Germans and the France, are like the best of friends. France just gives up when about to be beat down, and Germany is usually taking them over.

The UN is a joke. Thats all I can say.

Yes YOU can change it, do not think that you cannot.

This is all I can post for now, i will post again later.

Pauli, i don't know much about Christianity, thats why, soo....

pauli

The World

Understood, Pyro. No offense taken. I was raised in a Bible believing family, where the emphasis was on studying the text and learning what it meant. When I attended the Christian college in Azusa, CA, I began to learn about the Hebrew and Greek languages. Fascinated by the Hebrew of the Tenach (Old Testament) rather than the Koine Greek of the Christian Bible (New Testament), I went on to learn about Judaism. In the end, I learned a lot of history and culture. And, I made a decision to convert to Judaism. This is why I can converse about both religions pretty freely. I don't expect that others, though, have that background. If I brought anything interesting to the board, then the post has served its purpose. ;) @);-

Ralan

The World

Pauli,

The Muslims themselves came out of Arabia in about 670, C.E. and conquered vast amounts of the then Christian world in campaigns that make the Crusades look pretty tame. Within a very short time, they killed thousands and thousands of men and enslaved the women and children. At the time (7th century) the Christian church was in a decline and they were not able to respond to the Muslims forced colonization of their lands. It took about 400 to 500 years before there was any possible response from the Christian world to the mass killings that took place on their once held lands - lands btw that were not conquered by the Christians in war, but peacefully through prosetelyzation. It is also interesting to note that while Christians have apologized many, many times for the Crusades, the Muslims have never apologized - nor is it every likely for them to - for the mass killing campaigns that they waged in the 7th century.

Which religions land was being taken over is beyond the point. In my eyes, thousands of people died for 'belief without evidence', and they are still dying for it. And that is not on.

Pyro

Great post, uplifting words, but sadly, in the end, futile. When the truth is thrust in front of the eyes of the 'boxed-in' American, they continue to ignore it. We have the same problem here in Britain. And here, for certain, the source of the problem is parents letting there kids grow up on the street because they are parents too young, and too irresponsible. I would comfortably say that 20% of kids growing up in Britain are not recieving the attention, guidance and education they need. They are growing up with poor morals, disturbed and violent passed, mixed up ideas about hierarchy from sending so much time in the 'gang scene', and no relation to the world around them. These people do not give a thought for their government or the rest of the world unless the government or the rest of the world is causing something bad to happen to them. And by that happens and they begin to give that thought, they are already dying from the bin-bomb explosion or dead in the plane wreckage.

The UN is not a joke. The UN is what has been holding the world together for almost a century now. Europe in particular it has united, and it has helped Europe build relationships with the rest of the world, places such as Japan and Russia which once threatened us but now we feel safely allied with.

Without the intervention and watchful eye of the UN George Bush would be right now tearing the Arab States apart completely, and watching his own country being destroyed at the hands of the terrorist responses. You may not realise it, but the UN is probably keeping you alive right now.

More on the UN...

Mom

As for the UN, I wish American would disassociate itself from this establishment. We give billions in aid (my tax dollars by the way) to line the pockets of people like Kofie Annan and his son. We give to nations that are suffering. For what? I don't hear a \"thank you\" for aid that we are giving. Tell the UN to reside in a different nation, so that we don't have to pay for the ambassador's housing, traffic tickets, tutoring/private schools for their children, and hear \"diplomatic immunity\" when they do something wrong. I figure if we leave the UN and they are housed elsewhere, we stop giving aid to ALL countries and simply just trade with them, my husband and I will have more in our paycheck per month.

All of the countries in the UN are paying the same amount of money in. I do not think it is a high price for unity. The majority of those tax dollars of yours which you are so worried about going as AID to third world countries are actually being consumed by that crazy president of yours; you might of seen him on TV, his name is George Bush. I am sure his 'war on terrorism' has taken more of your tax money in the past few years than any other tax input, with more going into his 'Star Wars' missile protection schemes and undercover oil gambling.

So pull your country out of the UN and leave the people of the third world countries in the debt and mess your corporate businesses have put them in if you want a little more in yours and your husband's paycheck, but you would have much more in those paychecks, and I'm sure you'd sleep easier at night, if you stay with the UN, and get rid of the president who shouldn't have got into office in the first place.

PyRo99

The World

So now, 9-11 happened, and we're discriminating against Muslims.[/b]

Okay, based on what our government has told us, and the films of Bin Laden and various muslim leader is accurate ... The people that seek to kill Americans are not 70 year old American women screaming for their social security checks.

If discriminating is searching someone that looks middle eastern at the airport before they board a plane, then I guess we are. If discriminating is checking for expired visas and deporting those that are not supposed to be here, then I guess we are. If discriminating is yelling, "why do they want to kill Americans, Christians and Jews" after hearing muslim leaders tell us their mission is to kill the infidels, then I guess we are.

if you fear them give me 10 reasons why, and maybe I'll give your thoughts the time of day as to why you called them that.

I fear some of them because they seek to kill me in the name of Allah simply because I am American and Christian.

Also, Americans, wake up. We can take arms, we do have Civil Liberties, that have not yet been stolen by the American government. If enough of us start speaking up, our voices will be heard in Washington D.C., though it doesn't seem like it is possible it is.

Yes, it is in our constitution that we can do this. We can also write our congressmen expressing our displeasure.

The Patriot Act, has stolen our civil liberties, and thrown them out the window, wake up. They're not doing this to benefit us, they're doing it so they can turn us into a Totalitarian Nation.

I have argued this at nauseum so I'll be brief. We made many mistakes with regards to security before 9/11. The Patriot Act did take away some civil liberties. However, because of my desire to keep my family safe and because I have nothing to hide and most of us don't either, let it stand. I also don't believe that the Patriot Act will last forever. Once the War on Terror is over or at least under control, the Patriot Act will probably be revoked. I know many disagree with me on this, it is just the way I feel.

\"Dissenting, is the highest form of Patriotism.\"-Thomas Jefferson.

Yes but I believe he was referring to Dissenting from the Crown of England which would have been a patriotic American during the Revolutionary war. We have freedom of speech in this country and you are allowed to speak against the government. However if someone is screaming "I hate America" and lives off the fat of our land, I call that unpatriotic and ask that they leave to find a better country. If our country is so awful, then why do we have an estimated 8,000 people sneaking thru our boarder with Mexico? And, they are not all Mexicans!

Now onto Canada. You are the 51st state to America, even Puerto Rico doesn't want to belong to us. However, realize this, we do have control of your country during the case of a terrorist attack at the RED ALERT. Meaning, you too are placed under Martial Law.

Now this is new information for me. Could you provide a link on this, I would like to read about it.
[/b]

Part II to my post:

United Kingdom. I've got nothing bad to say about you guys, other than, stop being bullied by the USA. We are not some \"brute force\" as everyone wants us to belive. We are whimps, its true. Invade our country, and we'll fall apart, because people are so intensely tied to their \"Work life\", they've forgotten how too shoot a gun. Our military, is over in Iraq, and Afghanistan. All you have to worry about is the National guard, but they too are going too Iraq.

Our military is all over the world right now by invitation. While I don't believe we are stretched too thin, I think it is time that we leave all countries except Afghanistan and Iraq. Let them defend their own boarders and their own countries. I know some of the bases are there for strategic reasons, but I believe many of them still remain because of the agreement we made after World War II.

France, SHUT UP. That is my two best words for you. We hate you, and you hate us, thats as easy as it is to put it. We have racist terms for you, as you do for us. Its give and its take. Chirac, if you want too prevent us from dealing more damage, rally the European Nations against the United States. Realize that we have power in the United Nations, and that fighting with them, is going to essentially get you no where. French citizens', I know you hate us, but you have to stop harassing us, and we will stop harassing you. Its give and it is take, we prevent angers from raging from within even better.

I don't hate France, but I admit being angry with them as well as Germany and Russia. They were receiving kickbacks by Saddam Huissen right up to the day the Coalition entered Iraq. If you would have voted against the resolution anyway, then why take the money? You voted against it to keep your cushy contracts without thought that Iraq citizens were suffering under a dictator. Shame on you!

As for the UN, I wish American would disassociate itself from this establishment. We give billions in aid (my tax dollars by the way) to line the pockets of people like Kofie Annan and his son. We give to nations that are suffering. For what? I don't hear a "thank you" for aid that we are giving. Tell the UN to reside in a different nation, so that we don't have to pay for the ambassador's housing, traffic tickets, tutoring/private schools for their children, and hear "diplomatic immunity" when they do something wrong. I figure if we leave the UN and they are housed elsewhere, we stop giving aid to ALL countries and simply just trade with them, my husband and I will have more in our paycheck per month.

Nations of the world, that I have forgotten in this big long post. We need to unite, citizens, unite. We need to prevent World War III from happening because if we don't, we are going to have massive casualties, that should've been prevented.

I don't think there is any way to prevent it this late in the game. All we can do is prepare if it does indeed come to pass.

Homosexuality, if you want to be a gay, or a lesbian, fine, that is your right and you are entitled too it.? Why are so many people fighting about this?

I believe the answer to this is because they are comparing it to racism. When I look at a black person, I know that he is black. When I look at a homosexual, I don't know that he/she is. Frankly I don't want to know. Why do I need to know what your sexual preference is? I don't have a heterosexual pride week where I parade down main street with my husband. I don't have a White College fund because my mind is a terrible thing to waste. I don't have a White History Month. If we stopped looking at people differently and giving perks to certain people because of their differences, I believe we would have more people looking at others equally.

Also, Christians, I don't know how devout you are, but Islam is a bad religion, but your religion is not much better.? You have the Crusades, but its suddenly wrong for Jihadits too attack.? You are the biggest, and the most hypocrtical people I have ever met.? Though, I do not support Terrorists, because they are ridiculous in how they have to get their point across.

This is where I really struggle to understand. We are all free to practice religion the way we so choose. If the terrorists real goal is to convert America to a muslim country then tell us why Islam is better. Scaring us to death, beheading our people in the name of religion, threatening to kill all Christians and Jews is not going to get me to run to the local mosque and convert. Further, if you are muslim and you disagree with the tactics of the terrorists, please have the heads of your mosques disavow these terrorists and explain to them that they will not be going to see Allah in the afterlife.
[snapback]12635[/snapback]​
[/b]

You asked: \"So its alright to kill in means of war?\"?

Well, actually, \"Yes,\" depending upon the circumstances.? Defensive war is allowed.? The quote is not \"Thou shalt not kill,\" it is \"Thou shalt not murder.\"? The hebrew reads, \"Lo Tirtzach.\"? And here is Rashi's commentary on this commandment.? (Rashi was and is the most highly regarded scholarly commentary on the Hebrew Bible and is accepted universally in the Jewish world.)
[/b]

Thank you for that clarification, Pauli. I remember being a young teenager and asking my pastor about this. So many times when we memorize the ten commandments, we memorize it as "kill" and not "murder"
[snapback]12636[/snapback]​
[/b]

Pauli,

The Muslims themselves came out of Arabia in about 670, C.E. and conquered vast amounts of the then Christian world in campaigns that make the Crusades look pretty tame. Within a very short time, they killed thousands and thousands of men and enslaved the women and children. At the time (7th century) the Christian church was in a decline and they were not able to respond to the Muslims forced colonization of their lands. It took about 400 to 500 years before there was any possible response from the Christian world to the mass killings that took place on their once held lands - lands btw that were not conquered by the Christians in war, but peacefully through prosetelyzation. It is also interesting to note that while Christians have apologized many, many times for the Crusades, the Muslims have never apologized - nor is it every likely for them to - for the mass killing campaigns that they waged in the 7th century.

Which religions land was being taken over is beyond the point. In my eyes, thousands of people died for 'belief without evidence', and they are still dying for it. And that is not on.

Pyro

Great post, uplifting words, but sadly, in the end, futile. When the truth is thrust in front of the eyes of the 'boxed-in' American, they continue to ignore it. We have the same problem here in Britain. And here, for certain, the source of the problem is parents letting there kids grow up on the street because they are parents too young, and too irresponsible. I would comfortably say that 20% of kids growing up in Britain are not recieving the attention, guidance and education they need. They are growing up with poor morals, disturbed and violent passed, mixed up ideas about hierarchy from sending so much time in the 'gang scene', and no relation to the world around them. These people do not give a thought for their government or the rest of the world unless the government or the rest of the world is causing something bad to happen to them. And by that happens and they begin to give that thought, they are already dying from the bin-bomb explosion or dead in the plane wreckage.

The UN is not a joke. The UN is what has been holding the world together for almost a century now. Europe in particular it has united, and it has helped Europe build relationships with the rest of the world, places such as Japan and Russia which once threatened us but now we feel safely allied with.

Without the intervention and watchful eye of the UN George Bush would be right now tearing the Arab States apart completely, and watching his own country being destroyed at the hands of the terrorist responses. You may not realise it, but the UN is probably keeping you alive right now.

More on the UN...

Mom

As for the UN, I wish American would disassociate itself from this establishment. We give billions in aid (my tax dollars by the way) to line the pockets of people like Kofie Annan and his son. We give to nations that are suffering. For what? I don't hear a \"thank you\" for aid that we are giving. Tell the UN to reside in a different nation, so that we don't have to pay for the ambassador's housing, traffic tickets, tutoring/private schools for their children, and hear \"diplomatic immunity\" when they do something wrong. I figure if we leave the UN and they are housed elsewhere, we stop giving aid to ALL countries and simply just trade with them, my husband and I will have more in our paycheck per month.

All of the countries in the UN are paying the same amount of money in. I do not think it is a high price for unity. The majority of those tax dollars of yours which you are so worried about going as AID to third world countries are actually being consumed by that crazy president of yours; you might of seen him on TV, his name is George Bush. I am sure his 'war on terrorism' has taken more of your tax money in the past few years than any other tax input, with more going into his 'Star Wars' missile protection schemes and undercover oil gambling.

So pull your country out of the UN and leave the people of the third world countries in the debt and mess your corporate businesses have put them in if you want a little more in yours and your husband's paycheck, but you would have much more in those paychecks, and I'm sure you'd sleep easier at night, if you stay with the UN, and get rid of the president who shouldn't have got into office in the first place.
[snapback]12675[/snapback]​
[/b]

Okay, Let me reply! :devil:

When I say Discrimination, I mean Discrimination. How many times have you heard the term, *RACIAL SLURS COMING, ONLY FOR REFERENCE* Dune Coon, or Sand <insert n-bomb>? Thats racism at its best, now what are we waiting for killing them? Wait, were already doing that as well. We are discriminating them as well Sosue, as you have stated.

Ralan, the reason we also want to pull out of the United Nations, is because they are, a threat to our government's plans. The United Nations, keeps you European Nations strong, hell, you guys formed the European Union, the United States, is not apart of that.

The United Nations protects us? Are you kidding me? Did you see how easily it was to just bypass them? We did it with Iraq, the only reason were not in Iran yet, is because it's election year. Plus Ralan, countries fear us, they want to be aligned with us, notice, my "American Cockiness" comes out, but it is true, we intimidate countries.

The truth may be in front of Americans, but sooner or later they cannot ignore it. Both of these candidates, are from the sewage. I'd rather vote for Nader, over these two, sadly, people vote blindly, they vote by their party lines.

President Bush, yes did not deserve office, but if you think Gore would've been better, that would've been a nightmere from hell. We would've had basically no military.

If you think Kerry will be better, because he supports the UN. You're buying into their platform. In all seriousness, do you think that either of them will do what they are saying? They say "Hes going to bring back the draft"-Kerry, well, you're going to as well, so whats the point in saying that? You're a hypocrit, ignorant, and Bush should be slamming your ass to the wall for your military record.

How much power do you think we Americans have? You all expect us to dethrown our government within an instant. Impossible, the only way we can anymore, is by disobeidence, because if we don't do it that way, they'll sick their FEMA camps on us. We have the power to vote, they have taken basically our rights away via Patriot Acts I, and II. Americans, wait until it gets bad enough, then they start launching water balloons. But, easing the fall, will only keep American Civillians silent.

We used to wait, we usually waited for an event too occur, such as Pearl Harbor, for WWII. Which, ended the Great Depression. Wake up, its time to realize that you are being patronized for being Patriotic. Open your minds, take the information that sits before you, like a christmas present, the glee on your face that follows after you open it. Do not wait until the last second, when we are fighting via Nukes flying across countries.

Wake up. @);-

Unintentional

The World

I saw a couple of posts here questioning whether it is okay to discriminate against muslims. I would have to say yes. (I'm sure just by me saying yes some people have just changed their minds while still reading this very post.)

Let me tell you why. IN 1998, OBL said it was the duty of every good true muslim to kill Americans everywhere and anywhere. Whether they are in the military or civilians. OBL has not been found yet, if indeed he is even still alive, due to muslims helping him. With such a large constituency of muslims helping the man who has called for the death of all Americans, I can only conclude they agree with him. With such a large constiuency of an ethnic/religous group who feel it is in their religious duty to kill all Americans, you can bet you sweet bippy that I will not be turning my unprotected back on any of them.

Discriminating in itself is not a dirty word. If they are looking for volunteers to be taken out and shot, by all means please discriminate against me. IN the case of muslims, discriminate would mean just that: to discriminate (i.e. take a closer look). When it is suggested to discriminate against muslims it is only saying that we should be taking a closer look at them.

I know some Americans hate the word, but the word itself is just a word. Discriminate simply means to look closer. It does not mean "unfairly keeping you down by any and all means possible."

Nuff said for now.... :)

StarLord

The World

Then just simply exchange the word discriminate with the word wary, thus leaving no doubts about your fair nature and unbiased opinions regarding folks that worsip differently than we do. Discriminate is a word that has strayed far from its intended meaning and way too tangled with prejudice IMHO.

sosuemetoo

The World

First Part of my post

Originally posted by Ralan@Oct 20 2004, 04:16 PM
The UN is not a joke.? The UN is what has been holding the world together for almost a century now.

It has not been a century.

http://www.un.org/aboutun/history.htm

The name \"United Nations\", coined by United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt, was first used in the \"Declaration by United Nations\" of 1 January 1942, during the Second World War, when representatives of 26 nations pledged their Governments to continue fighting together against the Axis Powers....... In 1945, representatives of 50 countries met in San Francisco at the United Nations Conference on International Organization to draw up the United Nations Charter. Those delegates deliberated on the basis of proposals worked out by the representatives of China, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States at Dumbarton Oaks, United States in August-October 1944. The Charter was signed on 26 June 1945 by the representatives of the 50 countries. Poland, which was not represented at the Conference, signed it later and became one of the original 51 Member States.

Without the intervention and watchful eye of the UN George Bush would be right now tearing the Arab States apart completely, and watching his own country being destroyed at the hands of the terrorist responses.? You may not realise it, but the UN is probably keeping you alive right now.

IMO the UN does not have to watch over any country. Each country has their own laws. In the United States, we have the Constitution. We broke away from England over 200 years ago to rid ourselves from tyranny. We only hope the same for other countries. We want them to have the freedom of speech. We want them to be prosperous. We do not wish harm, only good. The UN was not established to intervene on free countries, but to intervene on those suffering under dictatorships. The UN is not protecting America. I'm looking out my backyard and I do not see any employees of the UN protecting me. This is my opinion.

Mom

All of the countries in the UN are paying the same amount of money in.

I disagree with this. Now, what I am quoting is from 1999 and I have been unable to find the most recent financial records:

http://wais.stanford.edu/UnitedNations/un_...ontribution.htm

But let us look at what the US does contribute: In 1999, for instance, the U.S. contributed more than $1.4 billion to the U.N. system in assessments and voluntary contributions. ?In addition to those dues, $8.8 billion from the U.S.'s military budget went to support various UN resolutions and peacekeeping operations around the world. The U.S. thus provided over $10.2 billion to support the work of the United Nations in 1999. No other nation on earth comes even close to matching that singular investment.