Their all soldiers

Element115

hqdefault.jpg

HDRKID

I have seen a lot of strange stuff to be sure. TIME is an interesting concept that few understand; however, we are trying to get more information on what is going on around us.

green_clock.jpg

Element115

I have seen a lot of strange stuff to be sure. TIME is an interesting concept that few understand; however, we are trying to get more information on what is going on around us.

View attachment 7858
How truly free is free will? Or are you only free within the confines of your current life? Sometimes to advance you require opportunity, and certain opportunities beget certain individuals.

Kairos

I'd say that, if you conceive of free will as the opposite of determinism, then the universe is inherently nondeterministic and therefore free will is absolute.

Element115

I'd say that, if you conceive of free will as the opposite of determinism, then the universe is inherently nondeterministic and therefore free will is absolute.
I don't think it's the opposite of determinism because that would be like saying I'm a liberal just because I'm not a conservative. I don't think it should be split into two groups so hastily as it's vastly more complex. Ultimately if you believe in theory that there are infinite universes and everything that can or will happened, has already happened; then it's safe to say free will is but an illusion.

TimeFlipper

@HDRKID Maybe you would like to share with us some of the "strange stuff" that you have seen on your time-travelling journeys using the HDR? :cool:...
Perhaps also you could explain to the rest of us mere mortals, some insight into how physical time-travel works with a device that contains less than twelve basic everyday components sealed up in a pretty looking box? o_O..

Last edited:

Kairos

I don't think it's the opposite of determinism because that would be like saying I'm a liberal just because I'm not a conservative. I don't think it should be split into two groups so hastily as it's vastly more complex. Ultimately if you believe in theory that there are infinite universes and everything that can or will happened, has already happened; then it's safe to say free will is but an illusion.

Well, no. There exist other choices for politics, yet the only alternative to determinism in the mathematical sense is nondeterminism.

What is free will if not nondeterminism? Free will implies that an outcome of an event is not always strictly predictable. So events are either always strictly predictable, or they are not. But we already know the universe is not deterministic. The spin of an electron, for instance, is not predictable at all. It's nondeterministic.

Element115

@HDRKID Maybe you would like to share with us some of the "strange stuff" that you have seen on your time-travelling journeys using the HDR? :cool:...
Perhaps also you could explain to the rest of us mere mortals, some insight into how physical time-travel works with a device that contains less than twelve basic everyday components sealed up in a pretty looking box? o_O..
I think his name is a typo, it's HDVRKID... he's just wearing a VR headset.

Element115

Well, no. There exist other choices for politics, yet the only alternative to determinism in the mathematical sense is nondeterminism.

What is free will if not nondeterminism? Free will implies that an outcome of an event is not always strictly predictable. So events are either always strictly predictable, or they are not. But we already know the universe is not deterministic. The spin of an electron, for instance, is not predictable at all. It's nondeterministic.
I think free will is the ability to act without being held back from consequences of fate or necessity. Or is that just ignorance?