This person does not exist: A random photo-realistic face generator

Beholder

I used this AI photo on Twitter and now get all kinds of likes and replies. I proved that one has to be beautiful to get attention on social media. It's a double standard. The men don't have to be attractive but the women must be or they are ignored. I just softened the focus a bit.

View attachment 14811
All natural with trees and warped circles growing out of the head.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Ears no matching......

View attachment 14808

How to recognize an image of a fake person​

fake-2.jpg

It is almost impossible to recognise an image of a fake person. AI is so developed that 90% of fakes are not recognized by an ordinary person and 50% are not recognized by an experienced photographer. There are no services for recognition. Occasionally, a neural network makes mistakes, which is why artifacts appear: an incorrectly bent pattern, a strange hair color, and so on.

The only thing you need to do is take a closer look: humans’ visual processing systems are far stronger than computers’, so it is possible to recognise forgery by detection.

Jevin West and Carl Bergstrom created a website called “Which Face Is Real”, which is focused on teaching people to be more analytical of potentially false portraits. Before making suggestions that a person in a photo is existent, there are several things that need to be considered.

One of the most common ones is symmetrical issues, in particular eyeglasses and earrings.

fake-3.jpg

Same uneven issues with teeth are quite common too. Look for odd characteristics like pixels and repeated incisors. Fake hair, in general, may seem with some glow around it or look too straight and streaked, again, with visible asymmetry.

Study background carefully. If it’s fake, it may include unusual distortions in shapes and lines, or have a torn appearance overall. Bleed-through occurs in bright colors that stand out from the background onto a fake person’s head.

Another distinguishing feature of the NVIDIA “StyleGAN algorithm” is glossy “water splotches”.

Oh No! My ears don't match either. Could I be a fake person too? Or possibly an autonomous drone created by ET's for an evil agenda.