Three Laws of Chronodynamics

Lucidus

Re: Three Laws of Chronodynamics

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Chronodynamic Jim\")</div>
Is Igor Novikov by any chance the billiards ball guy?
Where can I find That Essay BTW?[/b]

Yes, thats him. It can be found in a book called The Future of Spacetime. The book is a collection of talks given by prominent physicist at Kip Thorne's 60th birthday celebration.

Chronodynamic Jim

Yeah, I saw a Nova special about wormholes and I remember them interviewing a Russian who had some very bright things to say about billiard balls. As I recall he is a big proponent of Consistency Theory. Infact the flash game in my last post was inspired by that fella.:)

StarLord

I think that the moment the young kid bumped into the 'old' himself the Mt. top and the surrounding area would have been turned to sub atomic particles the second they touched. Reason being I seriously believe that some form of Spirit would move in and pull and revoke all time traveling permits due to quantum repercussions that us mortals could not even fathom.

Imagine fouling up an ongoing play that has been running for the last few billion years.
I wouldn't want to be responsible for screwing with that.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
I think that the moment the young kid bumped into the 'old' himself the Mt. top and the surrounding area would have been turned to sub atomic particles the second they touched. Reason being I seriously believe that some form of Spirit would move in and pull and revoke all time traveling permits due to quantum repercussions that us mortals could not even fathom.
?
Imagine fouling up an ongoing play that has been running for the last few billion years.
I wouldn't want to be responsible for screwing with that.[/b]

But if the surrounding area turned to sub atomic particles the second they touched, wouldn't that prevent the event from occuring and ruin the play? It seems to me the spirit might want to be more subtle and simply let the roman soilder take care of the time traveler by giving him sharp blow to the bicept with his sword.

P.S. This version is consistent with the laws of Chronodynamics, as we already know that the TT did infact recieve such a blow, but it also protects the causality of the event. Jesus must be executed in order for the TT to decide to time travel to this particular event. And, the TT must survive the first encounter in order to decide to time travel to the event a second time. Yep, its all nice and tidy.

Chronodynamic Jim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
P.S. This version is consistent with the laws of Chronodynamics, as we already know that the TT did infact recieve such a blow, but it also protects the causality of the event. Jesus must be executed in order for the TT to decide to time travel to this particular event. And, the TT must survive the first encounter in order to decide to time travel to the event a second time. Yep, its all nice and tidy.[/b]

Welcome to this side of the Paradigm Shift. The first step of your journey is complete. :grin: People rarely grasp that point so quickly. You must be predisposed toward Self-Consistancy Theory.

Care to take a crack at the First Law? There is more to it than meets the eye.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
P.S. This version is consistent with the laws of Chronodynamics, as we already know that the TT did infact recieve such a blow, but it also protects the causality of the event. Jesus must be executed in order for the TT to decide to time travel to this particular event. And, the TT must survive the first encounter in order to decide to time travel to the event a second time. Yep, its all nice and tidy.[/b]

Not necessarily, you are following a predisposed script. If the traveler only traveled once there would be no duplication of his own self regardless of age.
Secondly, what happenes if all this was for naught due to the fact that none of this happened in the first place? As in Jesus was never crucified there but rather taken away and delt with elsewhere. I cannot remember the name of the author, but he wrote something along this line where some 'experts' went back to see for themselves. What they ended up truly seeing was altogether different from what 'accepted historical events' portrayed. Needless to say, they were in total shock and could not fathom how things boiled down in 'history' as they did.

Lucidus

Care to take a crack at the First Law? There is more to it than meets the eye.

I'll try but I don't know if I am on the right track here. The present is whatever the TT is experiencing at the moment regardless of its calendar date. So for example while the young TT is trying to save Jesus his present is 34 A.D. and his past( and future) is 2005 A.D. The old TT is also at the present in 34 A.D. but 34 A.D. is also his past, as is 2005 A.D. So the past is anything that the observer has experienced or knows has been experienced. The present is anything that the observer is experiencing, regardless of date. And the future is anything the observer has not experienced, but will.

Chronodynamic Jim

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Not necessarily, you are following a predisposed script. If the traveler only traveled once there would be no duplication of his own self regardless of age.
Secondly, what happenes if all this was for naught due to the fact that none of this happened in the first place? As in Jesus was never crucified there but rather taken away and delt with elsewhere. I cannot remember the name of the author, but he wrote something along this line where some 'experts' went back to see for themselves. What they ended up truly seeing was altogether different from what 'accepted historical events' portrayed. Needless to say, they were in total shock and could not fathom how things bioled down in 'history' as they did.[/b]

Its like you're trying to speak to me, I just don't know what your trying to say...

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Chronodynamic Jim\")</div>
Its like you're trying to speak to me, I just don't know what your trying to say...[/b]

Don't feel bad, I know the feeling. It's like trying to listen but the lyrics have no meaning because you can't make them out.

So tell me, whats the difference between time traveling and time dynamics?