Time Travel to the Past.

Mayhem

Zenith
I once met a very old sage from Himalayas who told me that everyone he meets is either dwelling in yesterday or tomorrow and almost no one is bothered about Today said:
A wise man is that one that sees reality for what it is.

Element115

As much as I believe in the concept of time slips, and accidental cross-overs, astral projection, lucid dreaming, OBEs, accidental opening of doorways, somewhere I have a hard time believing that one could travel to the past in physical body > change something > return back to their world to discover that things are now changed. As fantastic and romantic as it sounds, it is pure recipe for nothing but chaos that would just mess up life as we know it. Without sounding like a cliche and telling you what we all have heard many times, the focus should be to change and impact the Present as much as we can as we know it, and future will take care of itself.

The way you described time travel presumes one worldline and is chalk full of paradoxes which make it impossible to occur. One entity would not be able to make changes to their past to alter their present. You cannot affect the past of your worldline because you've already lived it. That would suggest there are infinite copies of you across infinite worldlines of varying degrees, and to alter your past is not altering YOUR direct past, but the past of a different version of you; which is why you cannot observe the changes you'd have invoked directly EVEN if you stayed in the worldline you traveled to because it's a different set of events.

not_a_DJ

why not give a try planning different new time line keeping your family with you, just removing the mistake you made. That is a reason you can't do the jump, beacuse you dont want to leave your husband and daughter of this current line.

Attachments

• 6830.png
    6830.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

dizzie

why not give a try planning different new time line keeping your family with you, just removing the mistake you made. That is a reason you can't do the jump, beacuse you dont want to leave your husband and daughter of this current line.

I have often prayed for the past. As a theist, I believe that God holds control over all things, including time itself, and is hence unbound by time.

Element115

I have often prayed for the past. As a theist, I believe that God holds control over all things, including time itself, and is hence unbound by time.
Time is a fabricated human construct so we can understand the workings of our surroundings and environment. Time does not actually exist - it is simply a method of explanation to our experience of existence with a measurable factor in direct relation to space and gravitational distortion. To travel through space is to travel through time - it's called spacial offset divergence. You could theoretically "stop" your time by travelling faster than the speed of light. The rest of the universe would age at the normal rate while you do not age. It's all relative.

Imagine life is a cassette tape. All of it exists there on the tape. There's even two sides to the tape. But you can only experience what's on the tape by playing it and while playing it you can only experience a fraction of the tape at any given moment. Playing the tape is like time. The tape itself is existence or reality.

timeuniverseoneone

Can someone please explain to me: if you can't alter your past (say you succeed in traveling back) but you do somehow change your past and travel back to your future from which you came from, would you then end up in an alternate timeline or simply return to your original timeline??

I personally think its possible to alter your own past and return to your future from where you came from and see the changes you've made.
However then I am wondering another thing: if you succeed in changing your own past then that means you would not travel back to your past and your original time traveling self would simply vanish (??) I sometimes feel confused about the paradoxes about time travel hence the question...

dizzie

Can someone please explain to me: if you can't alter your past (say you succeed in traveling back) but you do somehow change your past and travel back to your future from which you came from, would you then end up in an alternate timeline or simply return to your original timeline??

I personally think its possible to alter your own past and return to your future from where you came from and see the changes you've made.
However then I am wondering another thing: if you succeed in changing your own past then that means you would not travel back to your past and your original time traveling self would simply vanish (??) I sometimes feel confused about the paradoxes about time travel hence the question...
Good question that seems to elude a solid theory. To my understanding the systems at play in the universe seem to generally stabilize themselves against paradox. To this end, there has been a credible, scientifically documented simulation of closed timelike curves that would permit backwards time travel of particle (Experimental simulation of closed timelike curves). Another lab experiment promoted the hypothesis that measurement of quantum particles could influence the past properties of itself or even entangled particles separated by vast distances (https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rspa.2016.0607#d3e9190).

If either of the instances described above could be used to transmit data, there would be the potential to change the present in some way, even risking a paradox. How this would manifest itself in our reality is an important question with potentially dangerous results of a magnitude that begs for extreme caution and global concern.

Angelface239

You have a interesting profile picture similar to a subliminal I watched in fixing past mistakes and changing what a person that a person did that is on YouTube.

Angelface239

Ah if I could time travel I would tell my 15 year old stupid self 2 not drop out of high school n be less stubborn
Or my younger self not doing what she did that negativity affected and impacted my timeline for me not having a future self so I can be able to exist in the future.