Time Travel

kcwildman

Beastmaster
that would be a super computor for sure don't know how it could do that thow.. but it better do somethin like that for sure..

Time T.

ok lets just talk a bit here ,,lets say the mechine is done and we are ready for a trip.....any point in space/time is a combanation of several factors such as longitude,laditude,and elevation above or below sea level as well as an exact date ..
now just what are the exact points you'r going to set diles of the Tardes at??? cause like you said its a trival matter as to just where you happen to pop into the future..
but always remember it will suck quite a bit if you end up 1000 feet below sea level, or say 15,000 feet up the side of a newly formed mountian...................... but its the same general area just won't do...
I don't think you do understand at all, what I mean about the changes of the surface... oh unless you manage to put a stearing wheel on this thing so you can drive it like a car...
any time mechine will most certainly be controlled by a super computor... and well they don't speak in general terms of any kind.. so the general area aint gonna get it done there guy.
it will take real points of destination to plot a course to the exact spot of arivel..
as well as an exact time not just a willy nilly go to july 4th, 2486
like I said befor I realy want to believe in time travel,,, but it aint no sunday picnic we are talking about...
you could get real dead quick ,fast ,in a hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of now, I don't have the time to respond thoroughly to your question, but I have 3 rules that are set for time travel.

The first is that time travel physically is relatively impossible. Unless we can compress our body which is about a billion terabytes, I highly doubt that traveling through time physically is possible. No, I believe traveling by memories is the only possible way, or by allowing the past self to know about traveling. The only concept I could and would think of is memory traveling, so sending memories to the past is passable. With the amount of memory in a person, it is unlikely at the moment that this is even a possibility. However, memories consist of less 'memory' in comparison to the human body; therefore, sending memories in comparison to physical travel is my current hypothesis.

The second rule is that if time travel was physically possible, then a machine that would be sent to the past would be included in your travels, as to prevent, as you so call it, 'being stuck in a future wall'. This machine would be able to puncture any building or object and allow for safe deployment. Of course, I still highly doubt physical time travel will soon, or ever, be possible.

My final rule is that time travel is limited to the amount of years one can travel. You cannot travel over a milllenium and alter the world in such a way that the entire Earth is changed, as I say, 'for you'. Time travel is limited, I believe, to a specific number of years; how many, is uncertain.

I'll debate more as I have more time.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ok my bad,, I thought you were talking about time travel not remote viewing, astrel travel ,or the like....... sorry to have butted in

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Remote viewing can be considered a way to achieve time travel. I gotta agree, astral time travel isn't a sure thing when compared to a physical time machine. It's somehow hard to know what you actually saw: future, alternate future, your imagination?

Don't take me wrong thouht, I do consider astral time travel a reality. It seems some people are able to do it now and then.

Time T.

ok my bad,, I thought you were talking about time travel not remote viewing, astrel travel ,or the like....... sorry to have butted in

Butting in? No, this is a casual conversation on time travel, no more and no less.

However, astral time travel, I believe, is the only way of time travel. Physical time travel, is theoretically impossible. You may say that as of now, present technology is the basis of why physical time travel is impossible; however, imagine this. Let's say I insert fruits into a blender until it reaches its brim. Then I leave not one ounce of space unused, and proceed to blend. This is astral time travel (I believe). Astral time travel (although I say that astral time travel is essentially memories being passed to past) is cramming about all your memories, terabytes of terabytes into a super computer (probably not in the future) and then sending all this memory to the past, where your brain will receive these memories and confirm your knowledge of the past-future and the fact you are actually in the past.

Now let's put physical time travel this way. Imagine the same blender, only I fill the blender up to the brim with cement, allowing it to harden before blending it. That's physical time travel. Sending an entire human body, with its organs, brain, and feelings/nerves back into the past would require such a great amount of energy, that the current and future thought of physical time travel is well, impossible. And even if you do manage to send your 'body' back into the past, with all its organs intact and whatnot, then what are laws regulating time travel? Will meeting yourself cause a catastrophic paradox that devastates the world time line? Or will changing something in the past when you weren't even there to begin with cause a entirely new world future to begin? And if that happens, what would happen to the present you had left to enter the past? And how far will you be able to travel, physically? For starters, what if the butterfly effect takes hold of your physical presence and alters the world in such a way that civilization never existed (assuming you traveled to the Praetorian age)?

Regardless of my opinion, I do understand that physical time travel may be in fact, possible, whether in the nearby future or maybe a few centuries ahead. However, unlike the movies where a person simply stands into a machine and teleports whimsically away to the past and tweaks a few events, it's ten times more complicated then just creating the machine. The questions regarding time travel, are endless, and if I may say so myself, are dangerous. That is to say, I'm not interested in physically time travelling. No, far from it.

Remote viewing can be considered a way to achieve time travel. I gotta agree, astral time travel isn't a sure thing when compared to a physical time machine. It's somehow hard to know what you actually saw: future, alternate future, your imagination?

Don't take me wrong thouht, I do consider astral time travel a reality. It seems some people are able to do it now and then.

By astral time travel, I mean by sending memories from the present to the past, and allowing yourself to change the situation to whatever you will to try to change the future time line. I do not believe people will be able to time travel to the future, in this age or another. I believe an infinity paradox would occur if that were to happen. Certainly, astral time travelling also raises a few questions itself. One would be that if memories were sent to the past, could you prevent a tragedy? For example, a man kills his wife, and you travel to the past to prevent it. However, the question in the world is, could you? What if although you stop the man, the wife dies to another fate? And no matter what, the circumstances never change, and she is always killed, whether by her husband or by another fate? Of course, I haven't the slightest clue. I'm afraid none of us do, and the best we can do is hypothesize. But, I do believe that this type of travel is possible; whether or not physical time travel is possible, is entirely up to you.

By the way, are there stories of people changing the past? Astral time travelling to the past to save a life, or change a circumstance? I'm interested.