Debate Time travelers posting online: Are they all fake?

Ayasano

Are all time traveler claims a hoax? I couldn't say with any certainty.
Look at the story of Victor Goddard in 1935. He was a sane, well respected pilot who encountered a glimpse at the future when faced with potential death when his plane spiraled out of control. What did he have to gain? Or even prove? I believe he encountered a future for a split second while in a dire circumstance.

You're right. Nobody has disputed him and it was never solved, either. It makes me wonder, though. Was he about to be sent to an alternate universe because he was about to die? I read a story on another thread that suggested that we don't truly die but switch universes.

There's a thought experiment known as Quantum Immortality where if you have a non-zero chance of surviving, then you always observe that you survive, but from everyone else's perspective things play out as normal. However, it relies on the incorrect notion of "observation" requiring a conscious observer, and everything that follows from that. (It doesn't, one particle striking another counts as observation for QM purposes. Interaction causes collapse, not consciousness)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Meh... I would say that 1 out of every 1,000,000,000 alleged online time travelers are real. I couldn't say who though.
I don't agree or disagree with that. It would seem though, that the possibilities of us, missing that one real time traveler is very, very high. Don't you think?

He could post here and be seen as the cheapest hoax ever, yet, he'd the one. Who knows.

Rawknee

Meh... I would say that 1 out of every 1,000,000,000 alleged online time travelers are real. I couldn't say who though.
I don't agree or disagree with that. It would seem though, that the possibilities of us, missing that one real time traveler is very, very high. Don't you think?

He could post here and be seen as the cheapest hoax ever, yet, he'd the one. Who knows.

Precisely why he wouldn't be able to say who.

Yeats

In answer to the title question:

Yes -- more or less. I have no doubt that there are a few of them who sincerely believe their own stories, but the vast majority simply enjoy hoaxing others. (Everyone needs a hobby, I suppose.)

Also, never forget that we all time travelers, and have been so since the first moment of our existence. Lately, I've been traveling for almost 62 years -- one second at a time. Before that -- who knows?

Last edited:

lamdo263

Just looking at the overwhelming evidence. It does appear that the primary reason is to create the ultimate con job. No real time traveler has come forth with any verifiable claims as of yet.
Coming forward with no verifiable proof is about the same as a person after being abducted and asking themselves, "What in tarnation did the solve up my {*DELETED} anmd is this going to really put a posative spin on my life.

Believe it or not, time travel posting boards are similar to full service gas stations, to where you not only top off with fuel, but can buy a quick on the road meal, that will get you through. After you've been on posting boards such as this one, a body gets to know the real apple pies from mock simulated pie filling and finished with crushed crackers.

There's been a few genuine time travelers that have stopped at many of the posting boards, I know of.

Art

We are members that share recent schematics. Lot of administrators have publish schematics too. The first rule to be respectfull in this forum if you claim that you are a time traveller is to give your time travel schematic machine. If not, it is the finale evidence that you are a liar, and do not respect others members, that share knowledge, and that you not understand schematics. Do not said that we are too stupid to understand schematics or that you want to keep schematics for yourself it is a false escuse that finally prouve that you are a liar. If you want to be a time traveller, publish your schematics.