Transcription error, need help

Ralan

Finally a plausible language from the future boys! (No offense, Ralan).

If you're talking about my old Apatian, no, it wasn't very well thought out (I was the first to try it though). :D I liked the idea of a control word for changing tenses rather than a complicated system of suffixes changing tenses. I'm sure in the future our languages will eventually adopt this method.

A few more points about the language:

As far as we have seen, all of the words in this language end with a vowel. This was an idea I had at the time of making Apatian but decided against. However it does make the language flow, making it much easier on the eyes and ears, as well as to speak. As we change our language to make it easier for us to use (modern use of abbrieviations), this would make sense in a future language.

The language draws greatly from English and French:

- 'Serti' for 'sure' or 'curtain'
- 'Me' for 'but'; similar to the French 'mais' for 'but'.
- 'Nessa' used in place of 'have to'; similar sound to 'neccessary'.
- 'Nena' for a negative sound, based around the sound for 'no' in many contemporary languages.

There are several more of these...

Also near the end of the paragraph aima uses two commas to circle a tangent clause; I'm not sure if that's purposeful by the time traveller or a slip up by the hoaxer, as she(he?) has used a full stop in place of commas everywhere else.

StarLord

And you are HOW old Ralan?

Paul, what say we keep Ralan here under wraps untill after college and then unleash him on the Dark Side. I doubt very seriously they would stand a chance.

In retrospect, I wonder if it was part of the speech that Lelu gave in the wrecked taxi when she first met our hero in the 5th Element.

StarLord

Ralan, watch the 5th Element again, she (leelu) had a definate language before she learned english.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by StarLord@Aug 2 2004, 10:47 PM
Ralan, watch the 5th Element again, she (leelu) had a definate language before she learned english.

She was speaking a language that I think the priest understood also. How about those aliens in the beginning! They were the best aliens in any movie.

I suspect that Ralan is actually about 35 years old, a professor of linguistics.

HackimerRob

Welcome aima. It's funny how if you say "I'm going to tell you" with a thick mafioso accent, it would sound like your name "aima tellia" Since you've managed to grace us with your presence in order to apparently attempt to leave a message can you please do me the favor of answering two questions please.

First - Are you indeed travelling through time?
Secondly - Why THIS forum?

Thanks.

aima_tellia

First - Are you indeed travelling through time?
Secondly - Why THIS forum?

First - I think so, but I wasn't taught the theory behind it. All I can be sure of is that I laid down in a place that was familiar to me, and woke up in a place that was very different.

Secondly - This place seemed like one where time travelers had been, not just one to discuss the theory of time travel.

CaryP

First - I think so, but I wasn't taught the theory behind it. All I can be sure of is that I laid down in a place that was familiar to me, and woke up in a place that was very different.

So where are you from originally - date, city, state, country?

Are you female or male, and how old are you?

Did you intentionally travel to this time, or was it an accidental/unitentional trip?

Are you on any mission or specific purpose while you are here?

Are you stranded here or are you planning on leaving at some point in the future?

Your answers to these questions would be most appreciated.

Cary

Ralan

We call that 'getting wasted'. ;)

Are you intending to stay posting here for some time?

What time and place do you come from?

What is the Mentoring Collective?

I've finished my work, but I had an assembly error on the way over, and they won't copy me back.

Who are 'they' who won't copy you back?

The 'way over' from where?

So tenara nessa soi kazi-

What does that mean in English?

Ralan

::..Talkie post removed..::

mondo.jpg