Transcription error, need help

HackimerRob

I'm in the hunch stage, and I probably just ruined any chances of either of them posting again, (ok I suck). But eh, let the good times roll. It's a great relief to my responsibility to have abandoned my post as the forum spellchecker in lieu of a job as the jester.
Yay Horray and yahoo.

Ralan

I think Aima and Timeslider are the same person.

I have to strongly disagree. Despite its problems, Aima's story is a lot better than timeslider's. And with this potential hoax going well, why would Aima start another crappy one just to give himself more work.

aima_tellia

Thank you, Heggy. I think I'll have to try to read this story myself. Are there any other stories that remind you of mine? Do they travel in a similar way?

I should tell you more about how I came here. I've tried to remember everything I could. A lot has happened since then, but I have a good memory, and I think I have most of it.

I awoke. The sun was up, but it was still cool. I was the last person in my house to wake up. I'm usually more thirsty than hungry when I wake up, so I went to the food shed to get some a big cup of naika and a small stick of lininu to chew on.

I should explain. Our food is kept in a shed in the center of town, and you go in and get what you want when you get hungry or thirsty. It sounds less efficient than keeping food near, but the way you do things, the food is too near, so you eat it when you don't need it. Our way causes us to use less food, which is more efficient. Naika is a drink that has a sweet flavor, which stimulates you and helps you to become alert. I like to drink it when I wake up. It has an orange color. Lininu is food that comes as a stick. It has a light flavor, but I don't know how to describe it. It's crunchy, and has a yellow color.

A mentor came to me. It had four legs, and it was only a little taller than me. Its skin was blue and reflected the light from the sun. it bent down its head so that our eyes were at the same height and told me I should follow it.

We walked, and it took care not to go faster than me. We'd gone a fair distance before we came to a building, and it led me inside. I knew that mentors sometimes worked in there, and they could often be seen going in and out. Inside the building, I saw mentors sitting in groups of three and four, sometimes manipulating objects which I understood to be tools for their work, though how they functioned, I don't know. All this was in the open, with no doors or walls separating mentors from each other. The mentor I walked with told me I should stop as we came to a group of mentors standing around a box, I would say now it looked like a coffin, which had a black color and was filled with gray liquid.

It explained to me then a little of the nature of their work. To examine your prekuu, not only the people who concieved you, but the circumstances that concieved you, gives greater understanding of yourself. The mentors were trying to understand themselves by simulating the people and circumstances who concieved them, and in this way I could help them.

I didn't know how, but it saw my confusion and explained. All matter is arranged in patterns, and in fact, matter is only a means of storing information. My body was information stored in matter. They would copy my information and send it here. Later, they would copy back that information and study it, which is to say, they would send me here and I would live and learn until they returned me to my home. I thought to myself that they would be able to learn much more than I could, but I trusted that there was a reason. They explained that as I was being sent as a different form of information, it was possible that there would be an error, and that I could die. If I died, of course, they would not retrieve me. I was still unafraid, because I had never seen a mentor do anything wrongly, and though I knew what death was, it had never happened to anyone I knew. I think now that I was stupid, but I had never considered how horrible death was. Knowing what I now know about death, I might have refused, but still I think not.

The mentor extended its finger and put it in my throat, quickly so that I would not be upset. It explained that I had a marker which would tell them if there had been an error, and would tell me to prepare to go home. When I felt a small pain on that spot in my throat, I would go home.

It asked me to lie down in the coffin and let myself be covered with the liquid. The liquid was the same temperature as my skin. I closed my eyes as I let my head be covered, and then I was here.

Not here in this chair, of course, but I can tell the rest later, if you like.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I would like you to please draw a picture of the mentor who met you at the food shed please. Use a simple program like MS Paint if you like. Send it to me in an email and I will put it up for everyone to see.

I'd also like to see what your house looks like, what your food looks like, etc. Anything that you have not seen here.

Who puts the food in the food shed? Who makes it? Where does it come from?

Is there any beverage or food here that most resembles the two foods you described?

Can you look in the mirror with your mouth wide open and see the marker?

Please translate this sentance: My friend Brent likes to play with his cat, who is named Bean.

starwolf

Aima, i too am curious about the mentor, do you have any knowledge of their history? where they came from? Also, your writing skills remind me of something, i cant quite put my finger on it. very... well thought out. and as for aima and timeslider being the same person, i dont know, unless the obvious and blatant errors in timesliders writing is for the purpose of throwing us off... "time" will tell...

Kain

Aima,

How do you support yourself now (job, etc)?

How were you able to adapt to this time so quickly (internet usage, etc)?

Do you live in an apartment or a home, if so by what means did you get said home or apartment?

When you "woke up" where you clothed? What happened to said clothing?

What did you do immediately after "waking up"?

What were your instructions, i.e. your mission, while you were in this time?

You say that they would come get you and you show a persistence on getting "home" which shows that you too have a firm understanding time. Do you think that this will have any effect on you when you return (before you would wait until some one came and got you but now you want them to "hurry" and get you)?

What makes you sure that you were not betrayed by the "mentors" and dropped off as a test subject?

When and how exactly did you learn how to get food and necessities in "our time"? Were you given any instructions, per se, on basic survival? If so what were they?

What do you do when you are not posting here? Why do your posts tend to follow a "late night" and routine schedule rather than equally spaced like someone who is not working or at school? I.E. you have formed a pattern of posting times, why is that?

What section of the country are you located?

I have some more questions but I will wait for the replies to these. Thanks again for your time in sharing your story and for answering my questions.

aima_tellia

I'd like to save the story of my first day here and my first experiences here for tomorrow, but the other questions I'll answer now.

I was surprised when I came here and saw that I wasn't the only person who didn't have a house or anything to eat. There were many people that had no one to take care of them, yet they were able to live. I did what they did and tried to learn as much as I could. Long story short, I eventually got a birth certificate and a Social Security Number, and now I work at cleaning houses part-time, but that all took about three years. I'd like to make money writing songs, but the music here is very different from the music of my home.

You would be surprised how quickly you could learn if it were important, but there are a lot of things I don't know. It takes me a long time to write these messages, because I have to look up words and think about what's the best word for what I want to say. I still think in my native language. I also think that I learn faster and better than most of the people here.

I live with a group of people, and I write these message when they're asleep. They know that I'm foreign, because I haven't yet learned to speak English without an accent, but I know that saying any more than that would be unwise. I live in the west of the United States, in a town which is very small to you and very large to me. When I arrived in this time, it was in a city so large that I didn't think there could be anything beyond it.

My only instruction from the mentors was that I should come here and learn. I've learned about music and current events and all kinds of other things, but my study is incomplete. It's possible that I was sent here for another reason besides that, but it would be cruel to leave anyone in this place and time forever, and I've never known a mentor to be cruel.

My perception of time has changed, it's become important to me. Hurry and worry were never part of my life before. Perception of time is caused by an awareness of death. I think about death too much, and time. I think about how long the average person lives in this place and time, how long I've got left now that my body is wearing down like yours. I only hope you discover some way to improve your lifespans before I die.

I hope these answers are helpful.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Aima Tellia, I recieved your email, thank you for answering my questions, you've been extremely polite and helpful. If no one objects, I will post the contents of it.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Here's the picture you asked for. It's not very good, of course, so I'll try to explain it to give you a better picture in your mind.

The mentor's neck was as thin as my wrist, but it held its head with no trouble. The arms and legs had more joints than ours, and were thin as well, but very quick and stable. It seemed that it sat on them like a person sitting on a chair. There were many more fingers on each hand, and they moved differently, smooth, like something under water. I'm sure there's a word in English to describe it, but the only word I know is silasila, which in my native language describes a plant that grows under water with long, thin leaves, and also the way it moves in the water. I didn't look closely at its feet, but they were flat and wide. It had eyes around its head, instead of only two in the front, and the head was smooth. Its body was like a thick tube, and it was smooth.

Our houses are shaped like pyramids, because it rains a lot. There are three rooms in a house. We use water to clean ourselves, and we use a special room so that water doesn't get all over the floors. We have another room where we keep games and musical instruments and things like that. Then we have the room where everybody sleeps.Houses are much bigger and have more people in them than most of the houses here. There were fourteen people in my house, family and friends.

The mentors make our food, but they don't make it in the same way that people make food here. They have lesser machines which make the food, then they send it over to the shed. I haven't seen any food that's much like naika. It's like dark orange water, almost brown. I did see food once that I thought was a kind of lininu, but it was the wrong color and too sweet. I can't remember what it's called, but it's a kind of candy.

I've tried to see my marker, but I can't.

There's no word in my language for cats, but I know what they are. ?The best translation I can give is Soi mano Brent tena ongiku oga kona cat. kota sa Bean- which most literally might be, My friend Brent has a happy duty to play with a cat, who is Bean. It wouldn't be correct in my language to say that it was his cat, as if it were his arm or his leg. When we want to say that we enjoy something, we use a word for duty which indicates that we're happy to do it. Also, I wanted to tell you how our punctuation works. We have pauses, short ones and longer ones. We separate phrases when we write, to show how far apart the ideas are. It's very much like your marks. The problem is that the proper distances are seen differently by everyone. Your marks are much more efficient. I use them like Morse code, dots for small separations and dashes for longer ones. If I get back home, I'll teach it to the others.

I enjoyed answering your questions, and I hope my answers help you to understand more.