Transcription error, need help

aima_tellia

I'm sure this won't work, but I have to try something. Is anybody here working on the ancestor simulation for the Mentoring Collective? I've finished my work, but I had an assembly error on the way over, and they won't copy me back. Any mosh researcher who sees this, when you get back, tell them I'm here. I think my marker is intact, so they can find me. I know the risk, but I want to go home.

So serti nena trada. me so nessa attea alla- Seni ki tradana enna preku sim proteka tuua-- Termi soi tena. me tenara envia neraza vina ki. nena dita so- Seni mosh skola kota ridi, kua tia eula, pi so ki- Penna soi pikka minda. lei soi nekun- Skia vara, me nessa eulaa kazi-

Judge Bean

Originally posted by aima_tellia@Aug 1 2004, 09:59 AM
I'm sure this won't work, but I have to try something. Is anybody here working on the ancestor simulation for the Mentoring Collective? I've finished my work, but I had an assembly error on the way over, and they won't copy me back. Any mosh researcher who sees this, when you get back, tell them I'm here. I think my marker is intact, so they can find me. I know the risk, but I want to go home.

So serti nena trada. me so nessa attea alla- Seni ki tradana enna preku sim proteka tuua-- Termi soi tena. me tenara envia neraza vina ki. nena dita so- Seni mosh skola kota ridi, kua tia eula, pi so ki- Penna soi pikka minda. lei soi nekun- Skia vara, me nessa eulaa kazi-

Oh, this is wonderful. Now this is the kind of stuff we wait to have pop up on the forum, am I right?

CaryP

Oh, this is wonderful. Now this is the kind of stuff we wait to have pop up on the forum, am I right?

Yep. Seems that a new fly has come to our little web to test its mettle.

aima tellia,

Ah say, ah mean ah say theya suh, are you just passin' through ouwa humble board, or were you aplannin' on stayin' for a considable spell? Welcome and greetings. Pa'don ma suthun aksent. Nannu, nannu. Shazbots.

Cary

StarLord

Hmmm, Is that susposed to be Esperanto, the language of the future?

Anyway, we have your marker hanging right here aima.

Sadly, as the mosh pit is full, there is no more room for reseachers at this moment in time. All Mentors have been asimilated. To Resist Is To Be Futile And Obsolete. And You Remember What Happens When Your Obsolete, Thats Right, You Become Part Of The Collective. Unless of course you have your ID Tatoo which proves that you are who you say you are.

That would be a different matter and make you Not Obsolete. Kindly state location of ID Tatoo and relay ID #.

We await your reply.

Ralan

Hello aima.

I'm not a great fan of this kind of 'time traveller', but we shouldn't be scaring them all away. Give her(him?) a chance at least. I want more time traveller claimees around here. They're fun.

I'm going to check the English against this new language (Esperanto?) and see if I can decipher a little of it, or find it to be garbage.

Ralan

Hey everyone I've been working on comparing those two languages and for a made up language the foreign one aima uses is very good; it has an original system of word extensions and is very consistant.

Ralan

aima_tellia's language.

------------

Pronouns

So: I, me
Soi: my

Tia: you
Tiai: your

Lei: they
Leii: their

Ridi: this

------------

Nouns

Tena: work
Pikka: marker
Skola: researcher
Kazi: home
Envia: assembly (?)
Nessa: want, desire
Neraza: error
Vara: risk, danger

------------

Connectives and Effects

Nena: negative impact
Me: but

------------

Adjectives

Serti: sure, certain
Minda: healthy, whole, intact

------------

Verbs

Trada to work
Penna: to think (self)
Termi: to finish
Euala: to return
Pi: to tell, to inform
Skia: to know (self)
Kota: to see
Vina: to come, to travel (travelling)
Dita: to copy, to repeat
Tena: to have

------------

Tense Suffixes

-ra: past

------------

Suffixes

-ana: -ing

------------

Punctuation

Hyphen (-): full stop (.)
Full stop (.): comma (,)
Double hyphen (--): interrogative (?)

StarLord

All Right!! A resident linguist!! Very Good Ralan. Now, where did you put the Tatoo?

Judge Bean

It could be English, and, if fake, the faker is definitely using an English that resembles what English might turn into in about 300-700 years. Finally a plausible language from the future boys! (No offense, Ralan).

The question is, how difficult is it to craft a future form of English? My guess is very difficult.

The story is very good, also: an accident, he's trying to get back. You see the contemporary relevance, since many thinking people see life as just this: a nightmare from which one cannot awake. A permanent alienation in one's own country. "History is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake." (Joyce, paraphrase).