UPDATE: Art Bell is back!

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
art-bell-jpg.1032

I liked the Art Bell's Shows, but not his pictures of him smoking :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::sick::sick::sick:

Samstwitch

Dark Matter has been shut down. I have no idea why. Here's the notice on ArtBell.com:

We are sorry that Dark Matter on SiriusXM has come to an abrupt end. We'll examine our options and may be able to return in a different format and medium.

We have already identified many ways to bring a LIVE stream to you, it's now just a contractual issue. Stay tuned...

In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often.

TnWatchdog

Dark Matter has been shut down. I have no idea why. Here's the notice on ArtBell.com:

We are sorry that Dark Matter on SiriusXM has come to an abrupt end. We'll examine our options and may be able to return in a different format and medium.

We have already identified many ways to bring a LIVE stream to you, it's now just a contractual issue. Stay tuned...

In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often.

Art Bell Leaves SiriusXM
Posted on November 5, 2013 in Media Coverage | 13121 Views | Leave a response
Art Bell, the radio icon that joined the SiriusXM line-up on September 16th is leaving the air after just a month and a half. While passionate satellite radio fans may not want to hear it, his reasons for leaving boiled down to three main things:
- SiriusXM’s web player is notoriously unreliable, causing a loss of subscribers and a degraded listening experience for those who remain listening online.
- For a “caller driven” show, the caller pool for art’s show is just too small.
- International listeners have no legitimate way to hear the show.
This is not the first time that we have heard issues relating to the Internet platform offered up by SiriusXM. There have been a host of issues from the functionality to being booted off, to having longer shows reset from the beginning after an hour and a half, making it almost impossible to listen to a 2 hour show on demand.
When signed by SiriusXM, Bell had only glowing things to say:
“SiriusXM is the perfect fit for me and my new show Art Bell’s Dark Matter,” said Art Bell. “Though invisible, dark matter accounts for gravitational forces observed in the universe—expect these forces to be at work in the uncensored, unrestricted creative arena of satellite radio, a medium with truly extraterrestrial reach.”
It would appear that after just a short period of time, second thoughts emerged.
The departure of Bell, as unfortunate as it is, should be a signal to SiriusXM. The company has a compelling product, great content, and great potential, but in some ways has lost the edge that it once had. The frustrations of Bell can be heard on other channels as well. Opie & Anthony, Howard Stern, Jay Thomas, and others have all at times expressed a great deal of frustration. In some ways, the complaints of on air personalities ring back to the old FM days of terrestrial radio, a path that many consumers and on air personalities could not wait to get away from.
More at SiriusBuzz.
I have XM in my truck but guess I'll have to drop the Internet connection I added for Art Bell...Doesn't look like he will return

Samstwitch

I also wonder if Art is moving back to the Philippines. He said he would move if the U.S. Government went into Default on the debt. It still hasn't been resolved, just postponed, and I believe the economy is going to plummet over Obamacare.

If Art decided to move to the Philippines, it may have been too difficult to continue his show under SiriusXM Radio from that location. Eventually, I'm sure Art will tell us why he left the airwaves. I'm inclined to think this may be the reason. We will know soon enough.

Orpheus Rex

I think the pictures of him smoking are great, lulz.

They probably got pressured into dropping the show. It wouldn't surprise me.

Samstwitch

I keep wondering if Art and his family went back to the Philippines and were victims of the typhoon. Art went off the air right before that happened, and he had been saying he would leave the U.S. immediately if the government debt went into Default. I knew he was thinking about moving back to the Philippines, because he said it several times, and I had the feeling he was going to leave anyway due to the instability of the government and all that's happening in our country and with our economy. Much more catastrophe is coming with Obamacare.

So I'm waiting to see when we will hear from Art Bell, and if he and his family are safe.

Himalayan Hermit

Another guest I want to see interviewed by Art Bell is our own Steven Gibbs. I would like to know what he's been up to since neither HDRKid nor Dennis or anyone else seem to mention him much although there is a recent blog I read where someone bought the HDR unit and had some interesting results.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Another guest I want to see interviewed by Art Bell is our own Steven Gibbs. I would like to know what he's been up to since neither HDRKid nor Dennis or anyone else seem to mention him much although there is a recent blog I read where someone bought the HDR unit and had some interesting results.

I just recently finished listening to all of the Dark Matter recordings available on YouTube. Art talked about interviewing Madman Markam. But that never happened.

I do believe I read Patricia Ress's account of her time travel with the HDR. She gave an account of her and Steven Gibbs going back in time.

Himalayan Hermit

I do believe I read Patricia Ress's account of her time travel with the HDR. She gave an account of her and Steven Gibbs going back in time.
Right on..Pat and Gibbs have also talked about it on C2C AM where they ended up in an alternate 1977 and bought some books..

madd catter

Side note on XM: Call to cancel and they will offer you 6 months at $7.95.. you might have to actually cancel but you will get a letter in the mail begging youto come back.