US civil war

Timmy G

US civil war

Greetings All ~

About the potential 'civil war'. After visiting some of the links that others post here **thank you, btw for all the excellent reading you have provided me :)** I wonder about motivation. The motivation of the person(s) calling themself JT. The motivation of our government. The motivation of those desperately trying to convince the masses of one thing or another.

Here's a potential avenue of thought. Perhaps someone working on the inside (a.k.a. some government agency, some think tank, ...whoever the sheep herders are) maybe someone knows a little sumthin sumthin about some 'not so nice' plan for our future, and they found themself not being able to sleep at night knowing what could possibly be happening right here in America someday soon. Trying to relieve their own burden, they conjured up JT, to give the common folks out here some kind of warning and raise our overall level of big brother knowledge & perception.

I have to ask a question tho... who makes up our military? By the claims of Michael Moore's movie, the military is made up of mostly urban / poor Amercian youth looking for a way to better themselves. (Of course I am referring to our foot soldiers, not nec their commanders). So, let us say that we do see civil unrest - do you think the will of our common soldier is going to be to 'slaughter those they have the most common bonds with?' They will undoubtedly relate to most Americans and I feel a majority of our soldiers would not wage war on their own people.

This leads us to our own government getting help from other countries. Now, if this is done - don't you think that other Americans who do not have a problem and would not otherwise join in the civil unrest would then pick up a gun and defend their own country from foreigners?

Just the possibility alone scars me, thats for sure. But civil war could be immenent, and the JT saga could be an 'Inside Story / Warning' leaking its way into the general public. ...........just a thought.

Judge Bean

US civil war

This is a very good interpretation, and fits well with what Cornelia has said about the story being put out by "rogue" or duplicitous agents.

Still I wonder why if this is true the person would not have followed up afterward. 3 years is a long time when you're talking about the coming overthrow of our way of life.

Also, from what we can gather about the government's monitoring powers, it would seem that Titor would have had no difficulty concealing himself from the authorities, in which case he could have given us more and better information about the "true" state of affairs.

Timmy G

US civil war

Paul, I couldn't agree more with your statement about Titor giving away more information. The "difference in World Lines" is the perfect escape for vaugeness - hence leaving things wide open with hopeful assurance that empty answers are sufficient. If JT didn't fear getting caught, then why wouldn't he have shared more ?

Still I wonder why if this is true the person would not have followed up afterward. 3 years is a long time...

If the person(s) responsible for making Americans aware that the government expects a civil war feel they did their job, I'm sure they would not feel the need to follow up. JT has probably got his arms propped up behind his head at night as he falls asleep smiling.

I don't believe that the government will bring a civil war to us; maybe it is as simple as a ploy to let us know they are prepared.

GO CARDINALS!!! :D

Darkwolf

US civil war

Here's a potential avenue of thought. Perhaps someone working on the inside (a.k.a. some government agency, some think tank, ...whoever the sheep herders are) maybe someone knows a little sumthin sumthin about some 'not so nice' plan for our future, and they found themself not being able to sleep at night knowing what could possibly be happening right here in America someday soon. Trying to relieve their own burden, they conjured up JT, to give the common folks out here some kind of warning and raise our overall level of big brother knowledge & perception.

Timmy, I find that quite likely. I also find it somwhat likely that he was exactly who he said he was. Its pretty clear to me that he knew something. Reamember that the kind of emphisis on civil rights vs. security wasn't much talked about before 911. The previous administration just took civil rights without even making much of an excuse for it. People were torqend off, and the militia movement really started taking off.
I think a scenario similar to JT's ALMOST started off in the mid nineties. Or mabey when all is said and done the history books will say it did start then. I think that had Al Gore won America would look vastly different today, and much worse. Perhaps gaining a credible forign threat delayed it.
One thing is for certian, JT's talk about people being arrested and held without due process in the name of national security sure doesn't sound as rediculas at it did in early 01

ZeoEmeraude

US civil war

Hey, in any event it givez us all a reason to want to try MRE's, oil our pistols and submachine gunz, and watch Red Dawn and Predator 55 more timez.

* To dwell in the past is to die in the present* (The book:Myst)

Darkwolf

US civil war

Dude, be careful with the submachinegun talk. This IS acessable to alphabet soup orginizations just like it is to anyone else. If you have an illegal weapon I would strongly suggest keeping your mouth firmly shut about it. I mean no offense to you, but I don't want to see you, the mods, or anyone here in trouble.
Phil

Darkwolf

US civil war

And trust me man, you don't want to try MREs they don't call them Meals Refused by Ethiopians for nothing.

Judge Bean

US civil war

Originally posted by ZeoEmeraude@Oct 25 2004, 04:54 AM
Hey, in any event it givez us all a reason to want to try MRE's, oil our pistols and submachine gunz, and watch Red Dawn and Predator 55 more timez.

* To dwell in the past is to die in the present* (The book:Myst)

Are you completely out of whack? Why do I get the impression from everything that you post that you are trying to stir something up, and want to hear a bunch of talk about armed resistance and violence against the government?

I suggest that you ban yourself. Another post like that, and they just may do it for you.

Timmy G

US civil war

One thing is for certian, JT's talk about people being arrested and held without due process in the name of national security sure doesn't sound as rediculas at it did in early 01

Sunday :: October 24, 2004
Administration Secretly Planned Denial of Due Process

The NY Times provides a 9 page detailed account of the Bush administration's secretive efforts to create "a new system of justice for the new war they had declared on terrorism."

Determined to deal aggressively with the terrorists they expected to capture, the officials bypassed the federal courts and their constitutional guarantees, giving the military the authority to detain foreign suspects indefinitely and prosecute them in tribunals not used since World War II. The plan was considered so sensitive that senior White House officials kept its final details hidden from the president's national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, and the secretary of state, Colin L. Powell, officials said. It was so urgent, some of those involved said, that they hardly thought of consulting Congress.

The conspirators most deeply involved in the plot to subvert the Constitution included some of the President's favorite advisors: Dick Cheney, Alberto Gonzales, John Ashcroft, and Donald Rumsfeld, among others. The Times account of their arrogant desire to deny due process to any suspected supporter of terrorism is the first of an important two-part series.

:huh: You are right Darkwolf, JT's talk about people being arrested and held without due process in the name of national security sure doesn't sound nearly as rediculas at it did in early 01.

Judge Bean

US civil war

Originally posted by Timmy G@Oct 26 2004, 01:49 AM

Sunday :: October 24, 2004
Administration Secretly Planned Denial of Due Process

The NY Times provides a 9 page detailed account of the Bush administration's secretive efforts to create "a new system of justice for the new war they had declared on terrorism."

Determined to deal aggressively with the terrorists they expected to capture, the officials bypassed the federal courts and their constitutional guarantees, giving the military the authority to detain foreign suspects indefinitely and prosecute them in tribunals not used since World War II. The plan was considered so sensitive that senior White House officials kept its final details hidden from the president's national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, and the secretary of state, Colin L. Powell, officials said. It was so urgent, some of those involved said, that they hardly thought of consulting Congress.

The conspirators most deeply involved in the plot to subvert the Constitution included some of the President's favorite advisors: Dick Cheney, Alberto Gonzales, John Ashcroft, and Donald Rumsfeld, among others. The Times account of their arrogant desire to deny due process to any suspected supporter of terrorism is the first of an important two-part series.

:huh: You are right Darkwolf, JT's talk about people being arrested and held without due process in the name of national security sure doesn't sound nearly as rediculas at it did in early 01.

Smells like early 1973 to me.