Very Off Topic

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Very Off Topic

Yeah I've kinda had this sinking feeling for a while now. All this information about Iraq and everything about impending terrorist attacks.... Feels like something's just going to pop.

Anoah

Very Off Topic

Ditto. But I think it will be tied in with the election, and will be entirely a domestic matter. Hopefully Im wrong. I like being wrong about things like this. :p

I don't really think this is that off topic Pyro. A time travel board spends a lot of time on predictions and worries about the future. Most of the TT's have a message of doom and gloom.

CaryP

Very Off Topic

Uh, let's see.

1) We have an administration that has begun a lot of bad habits (pre-emptive wars, horrific fiscal policy, lie upon lie for just about everything, cover ups, shredding of constitutional rights of citizens, "free speech zones", Patriot Act I & II, FEMA prison camps, prison rail cars, legal policy justifying torture, holding US citizens without due process, ability to declare individual citizens foreign terrorist nations, etc., etc., etc.)

2) We have a whole host of weird and heightened weather patterns going on for the last year (flooding in Asia, 500 yr. drought in western US, global climate change with short circuit of Gulf Stream making most of northern Europe uninhabitable, increased earthquake activity globally, heightened comet strikes around the globe, melting glaciers and ice caps globally, impending pole shift or reversal, significantly heightened solar flare activity for the last year).

3) There are innumerable terrorist organizations around the world that want to kill most of the rest of the world. Americans, Jews/Israelis, Westerners, and non-Muslims (in that order) are to be killed according to an al Qaeda publication I've read. We are bombared with terror warnings from the administration on a weekly basis. The US govt. wants to maintain a state of fear so that most of the populace will be willing to give up their freedom for security.

4) The world's financial system is like a string a mega kilaton nuclear weapons waiting for the signal to blow. Can you say credit bubble, housing bubble, derivative bubble, excess "carry trade" in bonds, and stock bubble all going boom at the same time? On top of that, the world's economy has never seen the trade, currency and debt imbalances that exist today - another string of mega kilaton nuclear weapons waiting for the signal to blow. The standard of living of most western workers (Europe and the US, and including Japan) will steadily come down over the next 20 yrs. or so, as deflationary wage pressures equal the pay scales for workers globally. This is great news is you work in India, China and other low cost labor providing countries. The biggest deflationary depression since the early 1700's is just around the corner.

5) Geopolitical tensions between the US and just about everybody else feels more heightened that at any time in my memory of the Cold War. The US has become one of the most hated nations on earth. We have tensions with China over Taiwan. China is rapidlly accumulating US Treasury debt and dollar reserves. They don't need to fire a shot, just dump their $ denominated assets and we're through. China is in the process of building a world class navy with the help of Russia. We have tensions with Iran over nuclear weapons, and their infiltration of Iraq. China and Russia are backing Iran. And then there's No. Korea, Syria, Israel and Palestine for added flavor. Most of our traditional allies have abandoned us, and can you blame them. And for the cherry on top, we currently have 7 aircraft carrier strike groups in the China Sea. Anything over 3 strike groups in one area at the same time is a sign of something "very big" on the horizon, according to military analsys I've read concerning the situation. We've got over twice that number right in the middle of things. We've also got 3 carrier strike groups in the Mediterranean Sea.

6) The NWO has put its agenda out for all to see with the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) and is founded by VP Cheney, Sec. of Def. Rumsfeld, Under Sec. of Def. Wolfowitz, White House advisors Pearl, and Feith and a Fox News tie in with William Kristol. You can bet corporate America, the Israeli govt. (some of the founding members listed have dual citizenship with Israel and are members of Arial Sharon's Likud party), and Rupert Murdock all have a firm grip on the current administration's short hairs and other certain unmentionables. The Neocons have openly hijacked the executive branch, and Congress and the Supreme Court have gone along willingly like compliant little bitches.

Uh, I dunno Pyro, Heggy and Anoah, are we just being paranoid? Maybe we just read too much stuff off the internet. Yeah, that's it. Hey, I know, let's not worry about all this. I mean the govt. will make sure that nothing bad happens, right? Let's just keep our heads down, and our asses up in the air (so we can get the shlick kicked out of us) and DO NOT TALK ABOUT THIS TO ANYONE. People don't know, don't care, don't care to know, and will get mad at you and blame you for trying to inform them.

Feel better now? I know I do.

Cary

Ralan

Very Off Topic

So now we wait for everything to come crashing down on our heads.

I'm sorry to say this but I wish so badly that the UK had had the sense to abandon the US when Bush started screwing everything up. Instead we latched onto the US for protection and no offence to y'all Americans, you must feel the same way, but now we're gonna get a faceful of any ###### your government manages to attract from the rest of the world and we're not going to survive it like you cause we're so small.

A very extended holiday to Switzerland is looking more and more attractive.

Judge Bean

Very Off Topic

Originally posted by Ralan@Aug 30 2004, 05:30 PM
So now we wait for everything to come crashing down on our heads.

I'm sorry to say this but I wish so badly that the UK had had the sense to abandon the US when Bush started screwing everything up. Instead we latched onto the US for protection and no offence to y'all Americans, you must feel the same way, but now we're gonna get a faceful of any ###### your government manages to attract from the rest of the world and we're not going to survive it like you cause we're so small.

A very extended holiday to Switzerland is looking more and more attractive.

Well, you know, when you get to be an Empire, and you are advised that you are free to throw your weight around and put the world into a perpetual state of war readiness and alert, and tell most of your trusted allies to go to hell, you find yourself

dead center in the middle of an empty room with a loaded revolver to your temple.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Very Off Topic

I'd like to just claim my own island somewhere and declare myself a sovereign nation. :p

At least that way I'd could live in a free government.

Judge Bean

Very Off Topic

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Aug 30 2004, 07:23 PM
I'd like to just claim my own island somewhere and declare myself a sovereign nation. :p

At least that way I'd could live in a free government.

According to the suppressed version of Patriot II, the feds might someday grant your wish and declare that you are a sovereign nation all by yourself.

Ralan

Very Off Topic

A foreigner everywhere but in your own body. At least you'l have your lungs for countrymen.

"Well, you know, when you get to be an Empire, and you are advised that you are free to throw your weight around and put the world into a perpetual state of war readiness and alert, and tell most of your trusted allies to go to hell, you find yourself

dead center in the middle of an empty room with a loaded revolver to your temple. "

So evidence would suggest.