War with IRAN has...begun.

speed4goal

Re: War with IRAN has...begun.

Just a theory, I just thought about this. Maybe the U.S. needs Russia to assist the Irans with there nuclear abilities that way the U.S. would have some type of hype they could feed the public to go to war officially with Iran. Somewhat like the Wmd's in Iraq.

Lagnar

I wonder - and this is just for my sheer curiousity and unbridled interest - does anyone have any idea on exactly what the chain of events would be that would follow us going to ''WAR'' with absolutely no excuse (and I use this word lightly)?

In other words, who would or could do anything about it? China? Russia? The American Public? The U.N.? Our (pff!) illustrious media? All of the above?

Who is BushCo REALLY afraid of, and who, EXACTLY, would they be catering their 'reasons' to? Would it just be more trouble than it was worth to go to war with IRAN (or anyone else for that matter) with no reason, no matter our motives? Of course, it would seem so, but what would be the exact chain of events that would come from it?

Hmm...I definitely have my own thoughts on this. I just thought I'd put it out there to see what we'd all come up with.

thenumbersix

They are afraid of being put out of business, and that only. Through a little probing, Afghanistan and Iraq, they have realised that the general public is now perfectly docile and sheep like so that they have a majority who will sit back and not care so long as they can keep a good annual supply of wide screen TVs and other consumer crap...

To beat them you must take them on at their own game, use their tools against them. That means getting involved in business and invention and not being 'bought out' when a success is made of it !

The chain of events after, very little, we will be fed what we need to see to carry on our daily lives in the knowledge that we are world policemen for our agenda, ultimately it will be written in history as a last ditch attempt at a failing superpower grasping onto its' power in a hostile world.

Nobody will care, the dead will already be dead by then, is human nature....

Individually, however, we may be judged by our actions sooner or later ? We all deserve to go to hell when our hard work is channelled into murder for profit in our name !

I have strong feelings for this so excuse the extreme position. I really have trouble with the amount of money I pay into this system (I run a successful business) and how many people it has payed for to be killed, their blood is directly on my hands and I find it hard to justify..

Harry

Lagnar:

Who is BushCo REALLY afraid of, and who, EXACTLY, would they be catering their 'reasons' to? Would it just be more trouble than it was worth to go to war with IRAN (or anyone else for that matter) with no reason, no matter our motives? Of course, it would seem so, but what would be the exact chain of events that would come from it?

The Neo Con leadership isn't really afraid of anybody, which is their great failing. They are a clutch of arrogant elites who are delighted that they have their hands on the levers of power and are eager to demonstrate their machines of desruction. The Neo Cons are capable of anything and will stop at nothing, since the essential checks and balances that are relied upon to keep governments honest, or relatively speaking, have either been outright subverted from within, or thus far failed to check their advance. They delight in and take advantage of that the population is held in thrall by propaganda and distraction.

True, Iran posseses a nuclear program, but since 1979-1980 the country's population has doubled while their demand for energy tripled, Meanwhile, their biggest foe, Iran, is gone, as are the Taliban. Considering the massive intelligence failures of the U.S. pre-9/11 and pertaining to Iraq, the U.S. doesn't need much of a pretext to begin meddling with Iran. The civilian applications of nuclear power are similar in their outline to military preparation, but how or when the Iranians are planning, if they are planning, to devise a nuclear strategy is anybody's guess.

All the U.S. had to do was trump up faulty information to launch against Iraq. The Neo Cons possess so little respect for the people they govern, and use to their advantage the prepoccupation of most people with earning a living, paying taxes, and sitcoms, that they trust -- and have thus far been proved right -- that whatever they try next in the international sphere won't cause any severe trouble at home. Besides, Bush is a second term president with absolutely nothing to lose. If things go badly in Iran, the next administration will get blamed, whether it was their fault or not.

--HEK

sinister

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"speed4goal\")</div>
Just a theory, I just thought about this. Maybe the U.S. needs Russia to assist the Irans with there nuclear abilities that way the U.S. would have some type of hype they could feed the public to go to war officially with Iran. Somewhat like the Wmd's in Iraq.[/b]
I think of Russia as a competitor. Originally, Bush and Putin were buddies, they both used the same tools to control their populations (cult of bush/cult of putin). Now it seems though, Russia knows what we're up to in the Middle East. Everything is about oil, and Russia definately does not want to be left out of the picture. Sure, they have their own fuel reserves, but it makes more sense to focus on the middle east right now, while the US is as well. Think of the Middle East as the new Africa, the oil as the new gold/diamonds/slavery. Russia/China/Europe are the only big enough power blocs to stand in the way of the US, so just watch as they do it.
There really is no way we could justify a war with Iran at this point without something big happening in between. We still haven't offifically declared war yet, since WW2 I guess, so there's that final option. I can see a massive, tactical terrorist strike on the US in the next few months, Iran will have its 'fingerprints all over it', thanks to our NeoCons, and suddenly we have our nation whipped up again.
Following this, I can potentially see some sort of draft occuring in the US. It's really the only way we can compete with our military streched so thin, especially when engaging in a new, huge conflict like Iran. And once the US has become totally invested in the Middle East, even an impeachment and a new president wouldn't be able to get all of our troops out of the Middle East. A draft could lead to any number of things, most likely (in my opinion), the John Titor scenario. From there on, you have China and Russia joining forces against us (as JT said), international support will be 0 (I especially see all the shadiness of our gov't coming out in full bloom once all this goes down...ever pulled a tarp off a pile of pine needles thats been sitting for awhile and seen the black snakes that seem to just swarm out? that's kinda how i see this going down.
After reading some of the economic stuff that's about to go down with regards to China (Federal Reserve, our debt, our economic system based on NOTHING, etc.), I think I now understand how truly deluded our country has been. And not only 10-20 years back either, since the beginning. It seems in all our bluster of building ourselves into the greatest nation the world has ever seen, we forgot to think that perhaps this was just what was supposed to happen. War-ravaged Europe, overpopulated China, and crime-infested Russia all bided their time, rebuilding, planning, while we were on top of the world, and now it seems we've cornered ourselves into a very, very bad situation.

It seems stupid to let all this fall on a metaphor, but my high school international relations teacher put it best, i think. if you've ever cooked lobsters, you might see how they will climb on top of one another, desperately trying to scale the boiling water and survive. When one almost gets out though, the others pull it back down. We should all have stopped to wonder why we thought we were the only civillization in history immune to collapse.

To many, this might seem like I'm ending on a sad note. And yes, change, on this scale, is inevitably sad. We should all expect to encounter some of the most extreme suffering we have ever seen in the next decade or so. Never before has man been so desensitized, been so adept at killing each other, and now I'm afraid we're going to learn the meaning of modern warfare. But at the same time, I almost see it as the only option. You could go back to the day this country was founded, and find corruption at the highest levels. How could we have even lasted so long? This country, and this world, need a change. I think I have even forgotten what it feels like to feel so strongly and be moved so much when one person experienced tragedy on the news. Now, tragedy is calculated in the hundreds, and I have no one to feel empathy towards. We are all guilty, I think, and it's godamn time we did something about it. I'm sick of feeling like Hemmingway's 'lost generation' after WW1. I know life is meaningless, but I'll be damned if I have to spend this time choking under a blanket of apathy.

thenumbersix

All this bickering over oil shows just how short sighted the 'people in charge' are, the state of the economy is proof of that. A sustainable and reliable means of energy production is easily within our grasp it just requires some investment.

Sadly this opportunity to invest has been missed as the money has been spent frivolously by the Governement. Though they could tell the oil companies to get *u**ed and make it law that they supply alternative fuels in their stations.

Did I see in the news Iraq had just 'got into bed' with Iran over nuclear research (can't find any reference now). Looks like Iran won't need invading after all, these friendly guys will let us pipe across their land. Either that or the two countries have just shown a rather large middle finger to the invaders, will be interesting to see how this pans out...

sinister

I wanted to post up my prediction for our national scene in the next month or so. I don't mean for this freak anyone out, but I think everyone here should know to watch the hell out in the next stretch of time, it appears our gov't is conducting a massive nuclear strike drill to prepare for a nuclear attack. Meanwhile, the strikes that have already begun in Iran (which this thread is discussing), it appears, seem to be to set up the country for another Iraq-esque situation. In other words, this time we're going in way early to make sure we have a case before the shit really goes down. I realize how stupid that sounds, I hope you do too. I'm officially predicting that in the next month or so, we may see a nuclear attack in our country, just as shady (if not shadier) than the 9/11 and 7/7 attacks, and I suspect we will find some kind of "smoking gun" linking the attack back to terrorists in Iran. Our forces are already there, so we will probably begin official strikes immediately. NORAD drills were conducted preceding 9/11, and a drill in London on the same day as the attacks may have been more involved with the attack than real "terrorism". I understand now how our gov'ts are able to create such elaborate false attacks without anyone realizing.
I'm feeling pretty confident in my prediction, so I guess all I'm saying is, please watch out. Everyone needs to be very careful in the next few months, and I would advise heading over to the "Survival Techniques" thread on this site if you haven't done so already.

pieceofaman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
I wanted to post up my prediction for our national scene in the next month or so. I don't mean for this freak anyone out, but I think everyone here should know to watch the hell out in the next stretch of time, it appears our gov't is conducting a massive nuclear strike drill to prepare for a nuclear attack. Meanwhile, the strikes that have already begun in Iran (which this thread is discussing), it appears, seem to be to set up the country for another Iraq-esque situation. In other words, this time we're going in way early to make sure we have a case before the shit really goes down. I realize how stupid that sounds, I hope you do too. I'm officially predicting that in the next month or so, we may see a nuclear attack in our country, just as shady (if not shadier) than the 9/11 and 7/7 attacks, and I suspect we will find some kind of \"smoking gun\" linking the attack back to terrorists in Iran. Our forces are already there, so we will probably begin official strikes immediately. NORAD drills were conducted preceding 9/11, and a drill in London on the same day as the attacks may have been more involved with the attack than real \"terrorism\". I understand now how our gov'ts are able to create such elaborate false attacks without anyone realizing.
I'm feeling pretty confident in my prediction, so I guess all I'm saying is, please watch out. Everyone needs to be very careful in the next few months, and I would advise heading over to the \"Survival Techniques\" thread on this site if you haven't done so already.[/b]

I doubt a major attack taking place in the united states would occur in the next few months, but I do know that if an attack did happen then the administartion would use it as an excuse to invade another country. Then I worry that other countries might start thinkin that the government here must be stopped. I don't like that scenario at all. :(

sinister

trust me, the powers that be in other countries know exactly what's going on. They allow this to happen due to our current economic situation. I'm sure you've read about the huge crisis our country is in economically with regards to China (especially). It is in the best interest of other countries to play allong until we collapse. The more they play allong, the more it seems like our leaders are right, and the more likely we will be to support something crazy like invading Iran.
I'm not sure why you think nothing will happen in the next few months. If you agree that our gov't has been pulling the wool over our eyes, how is now not the perfect time for another "attack"? The shit is about to hit the fan in regards to the Rove-gate scandal that's going on, diverting media attention from this scandal via another major terrorist attack would be perfectly timed. In fact, if I was Bush, now is about when I'd pull us back into the terrorist-attack-withdrawal-patriotism that seems to be the only fuel driving our country right now. As I said, nuclear drills are about to occur, and we are already in Iran. Once our troops are able to set the country up for another nuclear scare, then it will all be on. Expect more bullshit photos, more fake WMD "sites" around Iran, and a terrorist attack on our land that will of course lead back to Iran in some way. I mean, who knows, maybe the US will decide that Ossama is hiding in Iran right now, it doesn't even really matter. Expect this to come very soon, and focus your attention on the Carolinas, where this drill is occuring. Bush's approval rating has never been lower, and neither has support for the war in Iraq. What could be better for diverting attention than another major terrorist attack. Also, now that the media has desensitized us to the horror of 9/11, expect this next attack to be on a much higher scale. And to anticipate the next question, yes, it will probably be nuclear. Remember that our main beef with Iran is their nuclear program. Of course their nuclear program may only consist of nuclear power plants, but damn it all, uranium is uranium in the media's eyes. I am very confident that something is about to go down, all signs point to it, and I think I've begun to understand how our current administration is operating. The big lie. Huge attack on us, gov't is suddenly empowered again, draft is called to 'fight the good fight' by combating the terrorists in Iran who have attacked us. Say hello to the draft.