War with IRAN has...begun.

speed4goal

Re: War with IRAN has...begun.

I know this is a little off the subject but do you really blame the resitance groups in iraq,afghan,possibly iran soon. Think about this if china accused us of some things. Then they attacked us, would you stay around and let it happen or would you do something about it (ie car bombs,ied's etc) Think about this our founding fathers would have been considered terriorist in todays world. The iraqi's gas is rationed to 3 gallons of gas every 2 days if its there, they have road blocks every few miles. check out these sites you might find them interesting www.jackblood.com www.prisonplanet.com

virtualgirl

In the news today....

The new president of Iran has been identified as being one of the people who held all the hostages years ago. The news is saying if he is, will he be tried as a terrorist and then there is the subject of us in Iraq because of terrorist. Does that mean that we will then invade Iran? And just think, they are working on nuclear capabilities. I think maybe I will shop for some motorized bicycles.

You can read the story on www.cnn.com

It's the big story of the day.

Harry

Virtuagirl and all others nervous about impending conflict in Iran: If you look at the pair of photographs on the front page of the paper today you can plainly see these are two different men. The new Iranian president doesn't even have to have had a past as a kidnapper. All Bush Co. is looking for is pretext for attack. The spin from the supine news networks will either distract, confuse, massage or persuade, without really developing any facts -- until way too late.
The Neo-Cons look at the situation and say, if it isn't working in Iraq, let's blunder into another conflict that'll get us into even deeper trouble and force the draft issue. The analogy I heard radio talk show host Lionel give, that of whacking a hornet's nest with a baseball bat, is entirely apt. This is what the U.S. is undertaking. We're slapping that hornet's nest around with the eager ferocity of a deranged person.
The direction of current policy is also guided by wild Neo-Con religio-political views, perhaps even Der Bush himself, involving so-called Biblical prophecy and Gog and Magog. Some of these guys in the current administration either a) Believe these are End of Days, B) Believe they can play upon the fears and beliefs of others who may believe it is the End of Days.
Which ever is the case, these men and few women are truly frightening since they think they run the world right now. Pride always comes before the fall. But the lifeboats never get added until after the Titanic sinks, that's, sadly, just human nature. Problem is, it could very well be the undoing of us all.
This isn't just my inane ramblings, but see here, a guy with many advanced degrees paints the distressing picture at http://www.thepoliticaljunkies.net/Archive...k2/JunkieUp.htm and mentions, too, the recent feature in that scurrilous extremist rag, "GQ" (that's right, the upscale clothing and lifestyle magazine), which published "Joshua Kurlantzick, the Foreign Editor of The New Republic, his paper, The Next War Is Closer Than You Think, details the meticulous political build-up to the next phase of the neoconservative wars for global domination."
I've read the article in question and fully exepcted a war with Iran to break out by mid-June. But it's coming. And it won't be pretty. --HEK *

sinister

all that needs to happen at this point is a big, significant event, with Iran ending up as the scapegoat. Anything smallish simply won't do, it will have to be big, possibly worse than 9/11. Draft to engage in a full war with Iran. Civil upheaval. The China and Russia connection has already fallen into place. Things are shaping up to be downright disturbing.

shane

Nations currently occupied by US military are shown in red. Nations that have been villianized in homeland propaganda in preperation for invasion are shown in black. The reason for all of this is outlined in black.

untitledcopy8iq.jpg

Ever play Risk?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
The China and Russia connection has already fallen into place. Things are shaping up to be downright disturbing.[/b]

JT spoke of a Russia China connection?

sinister

i wasn't necessarily linking all this to john titor, just linking this to some of the articles I've seen here about China and Russia's culmination of power. Russia and China are the only potential power base that could halt and possibly disjoint the US' plans. They know what's going on in the Middle East, and are preparing to stop us. And yes, for what its worth, John Titor did bring all this up. I believe he said China and Russia were the first ones to strike in the whole nuclear situation. Of course, this wouldn't make sense unless there was some issue that had been boiling behind all of it. Yes, there have been problems between us and this particular power bloc before, but now we may be seeing the actual thing that will one day cause the bombs to drop. That being, a resistance by some group more powerful to not just lay down and take whatever the US demands, manifested in a unified economic system, and eventually a more superior or at least equal military force. And if you don't want to be so idealistic about it, here's another possibility. China/Russia sees the Middle East as the new site of pseudo-imperialism for this time period. Control over oil is the target, and now the US president has a unique ability to blur evidence under national security, as well as deploy troops to foreign soil without a formal declaration of war. By using this ability, they've successfully invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. Now, it seems, we've already moved into Iran. For the realists out there, perhaps Russia and China simply want to get a piece of the action in the Middle East, such that the US doesn't have a stranglehold on the area. If you look at the map shane posted, you can see how quickly we're approaching that stranglehold. Also, Shane, is Kosovo on the map? And what about Georgia (the near-Russia Georgia, not the Atlanta-bearing US state)? If anyone knows where the new BTC oil pipeline lies, it might be interesting to draw it on that map and just see how oddly it will match.

shane

Kosovo is one of the smaller nations north of Turkey. I had not really considered its strategic implication, and I suppose that is a major oversight. As far as the oil pipelines, that would be an interesting bit of information, but it's a bit that I don't have. I'm pretty much going on the fact that the Saudis control the majority of the worlds crude oil and that developing industrial nations (china and russia, as you point out) are going to need more and more of that oil in the years to come.

This strategy of the Western Empire is pissing off the rest of the world, as you all know, and it's only going to get worse. Imagine the fall of Rome with modern technology.

Keroscene

Russias connection in this all is an interesting one. They are a major contributor in helping Irans nuclear development program. Russia has lately been trying to settle the
USA's disputes with nuclear superpowers, it seems. It will be interesting when the USA trys to terminate Irans nuclear program. I can't see Russia launching nukes at the USA though, they are much more likely in the same boat as the US, attempting to control the area. I wonder what their motive would be for helping Iran start a nuclear power program?

shane

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Keroscene\")</div>
I wonder what their motive would be for helping Iran start a nuclear power program?[/b]

Something tells me the answer isn't altruism.