Well, well, well...

Future Coyote

Well, well, well...

Hello everyone. I trust you are all doing well this fine evening.

My name is Sake Coyote. I am of Ameriginal descent and was born in San Diego in the year 2242 Anno Domini on the day that would translate to your calendar as April 4.

I'm a North American History graduate student fielding for some research. Hope you don't mind if I drop in and converse a little. In fact, it's great that I do, since this board and the theories proposed here will be instrumental in the development of TST (or Temporal Stepping Tech).

Feel proud? You should be. Although many of the contributing members have yet to join the board, what you have here will mingle with thoughts and ideas from others, and this amalgamation will set the foundation for TST. So keep up the good work!

Since it seems to be normal to question those claiming to be temporal travelers, I have no problem answering any questions put forth, since forknowledge of the future really makes no difference (sorry to burst your bubble there).

I've read some of the claims of other "travelers" here, and I have to say they are..."interesting" to say the least.

Be back later. Thanks for having me.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Well, well, well...

Welcome to the site, Future Wolf, Glad to have you here! I just have a couple questions if you don't mind taking the time to answer them:

Who are the other members who haven't joined yet? Who are the ones who have joined?

Why hasn't the English language changed much? From the sound of your post it seems like you're not overtly trying to use words that we'd be familiar with.

I have a few others, but I'm busy working on some game modifications so I'll have to ask them later. Again, glad to have you here and I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Peace.
--Heggy

Future Coyote

Well, well, well...

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Nov 14 2004, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the site, Future Wolf, Glad to have you here! I just have a couple questions if you don't mind taking the time to answer them:

Only if you promise to get my name right in the future (no pun intended). ;)

Who are the other members who haven't joined yet?

Names I recall are: Michelle Scogin, Kenneth Wooldridge, a Democrat politician who prefers to remain anonymous but will go by the name of Tradewind, and a wellread housewife named Kandace Gray with a lot of time on her hands.

Who are the ones who have joined?

Off the top of my head, Paul J. Lyons...who will become more influential as time goes by. And you. I'll check my notes further if you're really interested.

Why hasn't the English language changed much?

I'll bet you say that to all the time travellers, don't you? :flirt:

First, I don't speak English. I speak North American, which is a descendant tongue.

Second, this forum has a really great spellcheck. :D. Really, isn't it better if I communicate with you in your phrasing? I am here to communicate, after all.

From the sound of your post it seems like you're not overtly trying to use words that we'd be familiar with.

Ok, that's a little twisty for me. Could you restate it, please?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Well, well, well...

Future Coyote... Doh! My mistake LOL. It's late and I'm doing a million things at once.

Names I recall are: Michelle Scogin, Kenneth Wooldridge, a Democrat politician who prefers to remain anonymous but will go by the name of Tradewind, and a wellread housewife named Kandace Gray with a lot of time on her hands.
I wonder if someone is going to sign up with the screen name Tradewind now....

Off the top of my head, Paul J. Lyons...who will become more influential as time goes by.? And you.? I'll check my notes further if you're really interested.
I'd love to hear more about it :D You can post it here or private message it to me if you prefer.

The "From the sound of your post it seems like you're not overtly trying to use words that we'd be familiar with." pretty much means you aren't using words to try and fit in. An example I guess would be if I were to go back to the 50's, and use words like "daddy-o" and "square" a whole bunch just to try and blend in. It might work, but it'd look kinda obvious to someone who was paying attention.

I'd prefer it if you kept as much as possible on the main threads, Heggy and Coyote.

Thanks for your co-operation. :D

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Well, well, well...

This Future Coyote's questionnaire, duly completed, so thanks Coyote.

Originally posted by Future Coyote@Nov 14 2004, 06:52 AM
This is Future Coyote dutifully answering questions:

Location Then:
1) People you knew, alias ok

The standard: family, several friends, one lover named Sheilia and another lover named Veronica...and yes they know about each other. My field studies mentor is William A. Shegh, PhD, Director of Field Studies, College of History at University-Memphis.

2) Occupation you had

Student

3) Recreation you enjoyed

Distance running, sex, research (of course I do!), woodworking when I have the time and space

Who you are:
1) What you wished to be called on this board

Coyote will do for now, or my signon name

2) What languages you speak

North American, with a tic of Mexican

3) What education/training you have

BA and Masters degrees in History from U-M. Before that I graded out from El Cajon.

The Trip:
(Or trips you took)
1) Month, day, year left

15 Juli 2268 Anno Domini

2) Method of time travel

Standard TST node

2b) Capabilities and limitations of travel if known

I wouldn't recommend going more than 700 years either way on a standard. Other than that...oh...there is payload limitations of roughly 460 kgs, but that can be slightly stretched if done creatively.

2c) Why you time traveled if intentional

Yes, it is intentional. I pity anyone who does it by accident. :D Doing field studies for PhD work.

3) Month, day, year of arrival if known

15 July 2004. Just in time to watch the fun.

This Forum:
1) How you found this forum

You're too modest. It's well known.

2) Why you are posting on this forum

Like flirting with girls. It's fun, it's easy, and also educational no matter what happens.

3) Any goals you hope to achieve

Indepth look at how you look at yourself and others in what will prove to be a subtly transitional period in NorAmer politics and economics.

Location now:
( Or that you went to )
1) Geographic region you live in

Various hotels. Vending machines...oh wow. You don't know how lucky you are.

1b) Type of building you are staying in

Hotel. Brick. The window does not open.

2) Who you live with, alias ok

Just me. :)

3) How you live, (Job/Money/Guardians/Begging/Foraging)

ATM

4) Media technology available to you

Well enough, there's this lovely HP computer. It's like hugging a tree. :) Various personal items, and Righthander.

So, Coyote, how does TST work?

And in response to the question that you answered regarding how you live here, what does the reply ATM mean? You have an account here?

Gadzooks! :huh:

Future Coyote

Well, well, well...

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Nov 14 2004, 12:45 AM
I wonder if someone is going to sign up with the screen name Tradewind now....

That's the idea. >:D<

I'd love to hear more about it :D You can post it here or private message it to me if you prefer.

I'll run a brief and send it to you, then you can decide to share it/no.

The \"From the sound of your post it seems like you're not overtly trying to use words that we'd be familiar with.\" pretty much means you aren't using words to try and fit in. An example I guess would be if I were to go back to the 50's, and use words like \"daddy-o\" and \"square\" a whole bunch just to try and blend in. It might work, but it'd look kinda obvious to someone who was paying attention.

Oh ok.

I'd prefer it if you kept as much as possible on the main threads, Heggy and Coyote.

Thanks for your co-operation. :D

I would rather let Heggy make that decision, and I have reasons for that.

Future Coyote

Well, well, well...

Originally posted by Grayson@Nov 14 2004, 12:58 AM

There are other fora for that stuff, and I'll hit them, but basically TST resolves which points in time touch one another through relevant threads. It observes this from a distance and opens up nodes allowing a one to step through. It's not foolproof, nor does it allow one to go anywhere, but it is extremely useful.

And in response to the question that you answered regarding how you live here, what does the reply ATM mean? You have an account here?

Gadzooks! :huh:

Well of course. You don't expect me to starve do you? :D Preparations are made beforehand for field students like myself.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Well, well, well...

Originally posted by Future Coyote+Nov 14 2004, 07:11 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grayson@Nov 14 2004, 12:58 AM

There are other fora for that stuff, and I'll hit them, but basically TST resolves which points in time touch one another through relevant threads. It observes this from a distance and opens up nodes allowing a one to step through. It's not foolproof, nor does it allow one to go anywhere, but it is extremely useful.
[/b][/quote]

Unless you are posting the details of this on another site, keep all your posting, friendly, technical, research and chatting up the ladies here please. It will onlt get moved to here anyway and having to do that will irritate me no end.

So, nice and tight, all in one place. Watchwords for your visit if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation. :D

My apologies in advance for moving posts if you don't. :devil: