What are your belief systems?

LisaTiffany

Thanks Timeflipper. I moved house a month ago and because this one is a listed building with history of some sort there is only so much you can modify, there was a lot of red tape to get high speed internet installed even-though it's right in the heart of the city. I mentioned the Djinn because one of the books I read recently was about them and it was actually quite brilliant, in the west we hear nothing about them but in the East they are very well known and I believe the Qu'ran even has a whole chapter about them.

Many scholars even believe it was a Djinn and not the Angel Jibreel that gave Muhammad the Qu'ran texts, it apparently strangled him and had more similarities to a Djinn than an Angel. Other than that I did a couple of spirit-box sessions each week so there are a lot for me to upload. One of my biggest concerns with moving was the possibility of losing some of the regulars, I'd no idea if they were somehow tied to the location since it was so easy to contact them, sure enough my first session here and they all came through one after the other so thankfully physical distance made no difference.

Itgoeson

I believe: The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy's had the right answer of the meaning of life and everything is ... 42. Which makes more sense to me than most of the other equally meaningless theories on this site.
That said I do believe in 'spirits' of dead people can communicate to 'sensitive gifted' individuals ... I know that because I was married to one - and have witnessed things impossible explain.
I believe ALL religion is an 'invention' of man ... as a way to control the masses ... and gaining their wealth. You only need to look around the world and your home town to see t how it was spent over the centuries. That said I like some of the hymns - and respect all those who do believe in whatever they want to in order to make some sense out of the man-made chaos on this planet.
I believe in the future 'they' will find a way to achieve immortality and to save endangered animals.
I believe there is a natural planetary warming cycle caused by the earth wobbling on it's axis. Why? because it has occurred many times ... before the industrial revolution. The next cycle will be an ice age ... that's when we should really start worrying. We humans are very adaptable and I'm confident Mother earth will balance the atmosphere by increasing cloud cover and rainfall.
I believe there is a way to travel to the future - but not in human form. Why ? because I have invented a way to do it.
It's all about people's individual perception of life ... We think we are individuals but in reality are 'composites' based on whether we are - male or female - when and where they were born - who raised and influenced them - were they given the freedom at a young age to think for themselves - how they try to make sense out of the unexplainable - all of which determines why most people only take-on-board information that reinforces the beliefs they already have and agree with. The good and the not so.
Regarding aliens ... I would like to believe in them - BUT logic says if they were here and could time travel humanity would have been aware of it for centuries. If they are only recent arrivals why not stand off a safe distance and start communicating in a way not to create panic. Why do they need to be so secretive when Hollywood has primed us for years to expect them.

Lastly I cannot wait to see what Donald Trump tweets after his briefing about Area 51, UFOs and aliens.

Beliefs are for suckers. Mankind is nothing more than a grain of dirt in the vastness of space and people like to think they're special when they're not. When I die whatever happens happens and I'm not going to waste 2 seconds of my life worrying about it. If God exists and he's as smart as people say he is then I hope he would appreciate my skepticism. If God exists he's an absentee landlord at best.

Itgoeson

We are not as small and insignificant as that, on a scale of 1 to 150 [ one being the smallest particle in the whole universe - 150 being the whole thing ] each segment calculated at either 10 x bigger or smaller. We humans are relatively huge - coming in at 60 [ a grape seed is 50 ]. The problem is we cannot see or accept how important the smallest things around us are. A single microscopic strand of DNA for instance not only contains the amazing 'system operating code' [containing far more data than the largest computer on the planet] that's required to construct every individual - down to the smallest hair - it controls our behaviour, our sexuality, how long we are likely to live [not counting accidental death] and how we relate to everything around us. We are delusional to even think we have 'free will' when deep down it's our DNA 'programming' calling the shots, and explains why we make the same bad choices over and over again.
When we die the earth just reclaims the atoms that we have temporary use of, that make up our body and recycles them for the next life form to use albeit worms and plants. Atoms that were not there when we were conceived - so we cannot be our bodies - therefore logic says we are our DNA programming in transit through time.
William Shakespeare said it all in one short sentence ..."A man can eat of a fish - that fed on a worm - that fed off a king"
The 'god' concept is just a figment of man's ego - as a means to associate, and elevate him godlike above all the animals [and superior to other humans too who have differing views] Sound familiar ?