What do you believe, and why?

Whitelight

Re: What do you believe, and why?

jurgen36 said:
I do honestly believe that Murphy was one of the biggest optimists which ever lived. The reality is much worse as he ever imagined.
Regards

I have this feeling your a pessimist, Jurgen. :)

I'm in the middle... I can be really negative, or really positive. I'm also on medication thats used to treat someone who's bipolar.

Murphys Law,

When you drop a piece of toast it always lands buttered/jammed side down.

I think its cus of the weight of the butter/jam/peanut butter. And this always happens to me.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

They actually tested this on Mythbusters! They went to the roof of their workshop and dropped a bunch of buttered toast.

The result they came up with was that it DOES land butter side down; when you butter the toast you create a slight cup shape from the pressure of the knife on the bread. When you drop it, it has a falling leaf effect and has a bias towards the bottom of the curve going down.

Whitelight

Dude!

That's just sweet.

Everytime I drop it lands that way :( If it landed dry side down I'd be like 'whatever' and eat it anyways cus I'm cool like that.

jurgen36

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Regards

TITOR RIGHT

"[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]When the going gets tough the tough get going", I suspect one hundred and eighty degrees anyway from Harte's stinky feet.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]I was wondering, seeing how you have evidence for this ?H?, do you have evidence for any other ?funny smells? that surround you ??? Never mind rhetorical ..:D[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Other things to ponder... [/FONT]
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. In fact, just leave me the hell alone.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper,that's the time to do it.
4. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
5. Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.
6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
7. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
9. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
11. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
12. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
13. Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.
14. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
15. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
16. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
17. Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.
18. There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
19. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
20. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
21. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
22. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

this is completely true. In fact, isn't this showing that the only way to get experience is to work hard and do stuff by yourself ?

Harte

I believe that the rate of posting around here needs to pick up.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff

You're welcome to post more Harte!! :)

"I want to believe"... What makes you believe in something ?