What Evidence Would You Need for a Time Travel Claim?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
How do you judge a claim from a someone claiming to be a time traveler?

Is it the accuracy of his predictions? Considering his predictions are for the future, it will be some time before you can reliably judge using only his predictions as a benchmark.

Is there some other way you know a time traveler is a hoaxer? Are all claimants of time travel hoaxers?

ok short of a real life demonstration ,like taking me to the future ,or the past you can not offer up convincing proof that anyone claiming to be a T.T. is for real the printed or spoken word is still that just words.
no matter how much someone wants it to be demension/world jumping is not time travel. while that in it's self would be realy cool too, it's still not time travel.
also the simple fact that any revealing of time travel befor it's actual discovery would change the world of the traveler
so in closeing yes all claimants of time travel are hoaxers/story tellers. seeking to gain a few minutes of fame and attention

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I might accept proof if someone was able to reshape the past. You see dead celebrities come back alive. My favorite is Roger Ebert. A movie critic in the mid 90's. Used to critic with Siskel. The show was called the Siskel and Ebert show. But I clearly remember he died back then. He was as big as a whale. 3 people size. I heard he died of a massive heart attack. My ex-wife clearly remembers it also. So I was a little surprised to see he is now alive. Although not doing too well now. But how did he come back from the dead?

I distinctly remember Roger Ebert dying as well...but he is back now. How can this be?

At last! I've been posting this story for over 4 years now. And your the first person to corroborate my memory. Naturally there should be others as well. I discovered Roger Ebert was back from the dead about 4 years ago. Just happened to glance at the TV and was shocked to see him on the screen. So I went to the internet to find out more about him. Apparently I could not find any reference to his death. I found the same info as posted by Opmmur. Now the internet is a constantly changing environment. So any current info on someone can usually be found. But somewhere out there a reference to his death must exist. Maybe in an old library on a microfiche archive one might find it. But I don't remember the date or even year that he died.

But Michael Jackson is a completely different type of celebrity death. His death was widely publicized. So everyone pretty much knows he's gone. As I recall, even an autopsy was performed. And isn't his doctor doing time in prison somewhere for being responsible? So his reemergence seems to be downplayed quite a bit. I mean if we all knew he wasn't really dead, then everyone would want to know how. And my theory that time travel technology was used probably isn't something those in the know are being allowed to divulge. Which if true, would be a crime against us all. How many of us have lost a loved one due to some accidental cause? What if you found out a loved one lost through accident could be brought back? Would that make people get up in arms? I certainly wouldn't want to be in a position of power withholding this information.

PamelaM

A time traveler would most likely only give proof to the people he needed to believe him.
Others may be able to piece things together later to have this proof when he is gone and safe.
No sane timetraveler is going to give you proof while he was still here. He would most likely consider
That not worth it. Any kind of absolute proof puts him in a certain danger...and let's face it he has a
Mission to complete.

PamelaM

One thing that is hard for people to believe is a time traveler may not be out to convince
You he is real. What he needs is to make change if that is his mission. It may be totally
Different than what you think it may be. Total belief that one is a timetraveler is not always
Needed to make that change. A timetraveler can even lie and tell a,more believable future
If it makes one prepare for an unbelievable one. There may even be certain people he wants to
Prepare and others he wouldn't..it can get complicated. But to convince everyone he is who he
Said he was especially while still here could possible put him in danger...think about it. What would happen
To a person where everyone was totally convinced he was a time traveler....John told you.
That person would end up in a padded cell while they take a Phillips head screwdriver to his machine.

PamelaM

There are ways time travelers communicate with each other.
Iam sure most are confidential....but every now and then a smart
Person may come along and figure it out. Just saying.

titorite

Who asks "what evidence would you need for a time travel claim?" except those fishing for information preparing and planing for a bigger hoax attempt down the road?

It is asuch an odd question I can only think no good intent was originally put into it.

I do not need evidence of a time travel claim. If someone was trying to convince me they either Would right away or I would blow them off with the kind of disregard I offer religious solicitors.

Sliders

I think the fathers of time travel or dimensional travel (as I call it) might be Nicola Tesla and then later on Hugh Everett who studied under wheeler, JT himself stated that the "Everett/Wheeler model" was correct, we also have to give credit to Erwin Schrödinger (Schrödinger's cat, Schrödinger's cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Those are the forefathers of T-Travel or D-Travel. We also now have compelling evidence that remote viewing may give us an insight to the other parallel universes (timelines) check out Dr. Courtney Brown over at farsight.org also he's not the only one to corroborate these theories, clif high over at halfpasthuman.com who invented "The Web Bot" a program that predicts the future also states the same thing. I can only say the same thing Oliver Williams says, a lot of what JT said would happen are now happening.

titorite

I think the fathers of time travel or dimensional travel (as I call it) might be Nicola Tesla and then later on Hugh Everett who studied under wheeler, JT himself stated that the "Everett/Wheeler model" was correct, we also have to give credit to Erwin Schrödinger (Schrödinger's cat, Schrödinger's cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Those are the forefathers of T-Travel or D-Travel. We also now have compelling evidence that remote viewing may give us an insight to the other parallel universes (timelines) check out Dr. Courtney Brown over at farsight.org also he's not the only one to corroborate these theories, clif high over at halfpasthuman.com who invented "The Web Bot" a program that predicts the future also states the same thing. I can only say the same thing Oliver Williams says, a lot of what JT said would happen are now happening.

Good stuff!