What happened to space opera?

TimeFlipper

I used to love watching the black and white re-runs of Lost In Space (Space Family Robinson), especially when some of the guest actresses looked like Sherry Jackson, taking the part of Effra! :love:..

2005-Rittenhouse-Complete-Lost-in-Space-Autographs-Sherry-Jackson-as-Effra.jpgsherry_lostinspace.jpg

TimeFlipper

Who cares really lol.

If you dont want to contribute to this thread, then dont try to derail it by posting a sneering remark...
The OP of this thread @CmdrShep2183 is a new member who deserves respect.....

So stop trying to be a smartass and please make a posting which is relevant to the OP`s thread title, which is...
What happened to Space Opera?...

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Thanks mate, We all have our opinion like you say.

Yes we do, but our opinions are based on the topic of each thread....UFO`s or Time-Travel for example...
Iam getting Num7 to administer to you a lashing from the "cat of nine tails"..Photo provided :D..
220px-Cat-o'-nine-tails_(PSF).jpg:eek:..

Harte

I mentioned two stargate series on elRey network.
I don't know how many of you get that channel (or have even heard of it,) but they are playing a show called "Starhunter Redux" that is a re-edited and re-imagined version of the old Canadian series (only 2 seasons) called Starhunter.
They've remade the series using the original recordings, but re-edited them into a different perspective.

This is in anticipation of a new series "Starhunter III" coming out soon on the same network.

I never saw or heard of Starhunter, but from what I've read about the old series, it's supposed to be pretty damn good.

Harte

taykair

For those of you who enjoyed Star Trek (the original series, that is), I suggest that you check out the YouTube series Star Trek Continues. The production values are excellent, and the stories (there are eleven of them, I think) all ring true to the original series. You will not be disappointed.

titorite

I miss Babylon 5.... And Exo Squad... Exo squad was way ahead of its time.. and honestly I think the real reason it is not released on DVD is because of its subversion of the status quo. The good guys and the space pirates set aside their differences to fight the neo sapiens and then at one point they have to address the corruption inside the good guys government … Cant have a show that teaches children not to follow immoral orders . Sometimes people will upload their old VHS copies of exo squad to youtube .. then they get striked Exo Squad was on par and even in someways better than bab 5.... Although bab 5 had the techno mages and techno mages were freaking awesome.... And the PSI corps. we never got to see the dissolution of the PSI corps.

THey dont make em like they used oo now days everything is a reboot of a copy of a copy of a copy.

twisted476

Really good Science Fiction truly does not exist anymore. Too many writers have become lazy. They copy what it already out there...no one is really creative anymore. Just how I see it :)