What Happens When We Die?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Re: What happens after we die
My theory: Our memories are recorded using electrical impulses in the brain. Energy. Energy cannot be destroyed. So, what happens to our memories when the brain dies? They must be released. That is my concept of a soul. The only problem I have with a concept of a soul/spirit is
that when we are alive we need eyes and ears to see, hear, and record memories. Why wouldn't we need them as a spirit, after death? If eyes and ears aren't necessary, then why did evolution give them to us? Very complex.

Martelis

It is my belief that the body tethers the soul. The flesh is subject to physical 'rules'. Most of which are theoretical. The Soul, however is not subject to such rules and therefore remembers all experiences.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well me, you, joe down the street will either believe what GOD says about this matter, or you chose something ells you like better, or sounds better to believe.. this is true with all of the question you will face in your life time..

Hebrews...9..27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

seems simple enough to me but then I believe that a GOD my GOD who has the power and knowledge to create everything that is from nothing has the power to preserve HIS word though the age's in spite of any or all mans efforts to corrupt the truth... I am kinda funny that way, but my GOD is in control of all HIS creation, and at all times HIS will is done on earth as it is in heaven...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It is my belief that the body tethers the soul. The flesh is subject to physical 'rules'. Most of which are theoretical. The Soul, however is not subject to such rules and therefore remembers all experiences.

I like that. Interesting.

Khaos

where the wild things are

Makes sense, especially how some people can recall their past lives. I have a friend that I believe and he believes it as well, we were brothers in one of our lives, the bond between each other is just too strong. I'm a natural sleuth, I think I was a detective in my previous life.

Flipflop02

Well, this topic is a difficult one for me but here goes! I was raised Christian (Southern Baptist) and taught heaven and hell were very real places.
I still am a Christian, but with some different views and beliefs than most.. I still believe Jesus Christ in son of God and was sent here to die for our sins. I do believe in heaven and hell but a bit different than some mainstream Christians because of the extensive reading I have done on Near Death Experiences and the readings of Edgar Caycee and others. I believe there are levels for your soul when you die. Anywhere from 1 to 15, with 1 being the lowest and considered a place comparable to hell. I think this is the level where murders, child molesters ect may go if they die without asking and receiving forgiveness. Level 2 is place where that same murder may go once they have grown spiritually and so on all way to level 15. I at some levels you will have the choice to reincarnate if you so desire or the chance to stay and offer assistance to souls on the lower levels in order to help them advance to next level.
I also think that repossession and ghosts may be souls who are afraid to cross through the light upon death or they just do not want to leave the Earth plane because of some unfinished business they feel they have or they may have something going on like an "addiction" to body for lack of a better word in (ex. would be an alcoholic or drug addict or even sex addict) that thinks they physically need to stay around Earth plane near people who practice or partake in their addiction, because they are actually able to experience the taste of the alcohol or sex ect, and cannot move through light until assisted further.

Saturnius

A big mistake is the belief that the soul is a given. It is not and only through doing the necessary work do we create the soul which is only a potential unless brought into being through our own intent.

There are no Gods or Devils, these are simply programmed beliefs keeping us tied to the illusion.

As to what happens after death?
Simple. Our consciousness/awareness is broken down into its component parts and the energy recycled into a blade of grass or a turd dropping from a cat's ass or whatever. In other words. Oblivion.

TimeFlipper

Welcome to Paranormalis :)..
I find it interesing that you have brought forward this thread which was first created back in 2013, and also a similar thread from 2017 called, Is Hell Real..

Have you recently had an experience from which your belief in religion has changed?...Of course it is your right not to answer me :)..

Saturnius

Thanks for the welcome.
I do not follow any religions.
Never have never wil.
Religion is a dangerous program as are gurus or cults of any kind.

I know what I know through direct personal experience and contact with my other, which is the self in eternity. No one should follow anyone or anything. Follow only oneself on a path to personal evolution.

Regards.