What Happens When You Drink Coke

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I used to be a Coke-aholic. A case a week was my consumption rate. I would stock up when there would be a two for one sale and sometimes a three for one sale. Usually I would buy enough to make it to the next sale. About a two month supply was my usual Coke run. Now I don't drink Coke at all. Back then I didn't know it was bad for you.
Nice. What are you drinking instead?

How hard was it to stop completely your Coke addiction?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I used to be a Coke-aholic. A case a week was my consumption rate. I would stock up when there would be a two for one sale and sometimes a three for one sale. Usually I would buy enough to make it to the next sale. About a two month supply was my usual Coke run. Now I don't drink Coke at all. Back then I didn't know it was bad for you.
How long ago were you a Coke-aholic, Einstein?

Mandelbrot

I read more than once that there is still coca leaves and kola nuts extracts (each accountable for one half of the name Coca-Cola) as in the original one, except that nowadays the cocaine is taken out of coca leaves beforehand. The company is the only one in America to have the right to grow coca plants, as they obtained a special permission form the governement to do this otherwise criminal activity. I keep wondering what uses they make of all the cocaine they produce in the operation... of course the official version is that it is sold for medical purposes, and that the governement ensures that no illegal trade is made. I think it is more probable that Coca-Cola makes tons of profit selling cocaine to governement gangsters!

Also, phosphoric acid melts teeth's enamel, so in addition with sugar, drinking Coke is the best way to have many cavities!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Nice. What are you drinking instead?

How hard was it to stop completely your Coke addiction?

It wasn't hard at all. There were no withdrawal symptoms. I just drink water, coffee, and milk now.

But in case you didn't know, there is an optimal fluid intake that you need to be aware of. That you have to determine by trial and error. It turns out that I was drinking too much fluid. I was at a gallon of fluid a day. The side effect was that when I got a small cut, it wouldn't clot. And then if I don't drink enough, I would get kidney stones. My optimal intake is around 3 quarts of fluid a day.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
How long ago were you a Coke-aholic, Einstein?

Just around 3 years ago. Every once in a while I get a craving to have one though. So I indulge. But it seems like my consumption is down to around 1 can every three months now.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Aside from the cocaine, it would be nice if Coke were made the all-natural, old-fashioned way.
Also, phosphoric acid melts teeth's enamel, so in addition with sugar, drinking Coke is the best way to have many cavities!
True, that's why it's important to brush your teeth regularly. I'm sure John Pemberton, the inventor of Coca-Cola, expected people to do that. I try to do it two times a day, and I don't even drink Coke that often.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I go to the dentist about once every ten years. And the last two visits my dentist commented that my teeth seem to be worn down more than normal. That never registered till now. But it is quite possible that my excessive Coke consumption over the years could be the culprit behind the excessive wear down of my teeth.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I go to the dentist about once every ten years. And the last two visits my dentist commented that my teeth seem to be worn down more than normal. That never registered till now. But it is quite possible that my excessive Coke consumption over the years could be the culprit behind the excessive wear down of my teeth.
I get a cleaning at the dentist every three months. It sounds to me like you don't, but I don't know. Do you?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I get a cleaning at the dentist every three months. It sounds to me like you don't, but I don't know. Do you?

I take care of keeping all the buildup off with dental picks. I use a waterpic daily. So I seldom have any problems. The last time I was at the dentist, I had her remove all my dental metal fillings and replace them with the newer stuff that matches to your natural tooth color.