What is after DEATH ?

Lumbergooz

share ur thoughts..I wud love 2 hear
what do u think after death ? hell ..heaven..God..Satan..vaccum..resurrection..coming back as a hamster or a tree ? what do u think ?? ......and WHY ?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
share ur thoughts..I wud love 2 hear
what do u think after death ? hell ..heaven..God..Satan..vaccum..resurrection..coming back as a hamster or a tree ? what do u think ?? ......and WHY ?

Such a scary topic. Sometimes, it seems logical that we'll just black out and no longer exist, and sometimes it's convenient to assume that religion was made to diminish the fear of death, HOWEVER, my thought is that our thoughts are stored in our brain as electricity/energy. Energry cannot be destroyed, so where does it go when we die? That's basically my concept of a soul.

Basically, if we are just in energy form, we can roam the earth, could we not? Or could we roam the universe?

Another problem I can't wrap my mind around is the fact that we need eyes, ears, nerves,etc. to feed information to our brains. How can a spirit "see" and "hear" without any of these things? If they don't need eyes, ears, nerves to perceive the world, then why did evolution give them to us?

Khaos

where the wild things are
I believe in Reincarnation. We are organic batteries. As @PaulaJedi mentioned, if we are energy form after we die, could this energy be transferred into another human, animal, plant, insect?

One thing I did recently before I returned here was look up Child Reincarnation stories. If you have a belief or at least enjoy the idea of reincarnation, I recommend it. Look up Ian Stevenson's work. He did over 2,000 cases of children reincarnation and he found a lot of similarities. You got children who say stuff when they first start forming coherent words and sentences, talking about their past lives. For myself I was four years old and my grandparents asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said a bank robber, I told them that I was one already, but got shot and died. This is written down, in a journal she wrote in for several years. There are quite a few things in there regarding my childhood and things I said and did when I was really young that I don't even remember.

I posted stuff on Reddit, I can post it here too. I have memories that are not from this life. My brother who is younger than me also has past life memories himself and his story is a bit more.. eerie. As young as three he was talking about civil war soldiers and battles, he talked about being on the blue side and getting taken prisoner and being executed. He was saying things at three years old, describing historical events in the civil war that a three year old wouldn't even know about, and we don't know where he got the information, he didn't even know how to read or write at that point.

Now while I believe in Reincarnation I do also believe in ghosts, sort of. I think we can leave "imprints" on this world, that can be replayed in certain environments and situations. I think after we die, our soul wanders an entirely different plane of existence, waiting for Reincarnation, and from time to time it can pop into this plane of existence by certain situations. Attachments maybe, its kinda like why people who are on their death bed report seeing loved ones who are deceased visiting them.

I have a story about my great grandmother when she was in hospice seeing her mother visiting her. Here's the freaky part about it. Her mother died three days after she was born, and she never saw a photo of her mother. Yet my great grandma said she saw her mother in the room with her, talking to her, and beckoning her to join her. Creepy huh?

TnWatchdog

George Carlin once said that there is a religion out there that believes that when you die your soul goes to a garage in Buffalo.

Seriously, I believe that you have an energy force, soul, that is part of the universal eternity. I believe we will have senses that you couldn't imagine or describe in today's world. You will be able to enjoy all the things of the universe like for me if I want a golfing experience, work in my wood shop, or explore a canyon on Mars...away I go. It could also be similar to the TV show, Fantasy Island...but instead of calling out, the plane, the plane it would be the soul, the soul for new arrivals. You would be able to have any experience you could imagine...like a dream.
This whole experience would be filled with fun and happiness...no pain or sorrow.
This would all come about with your belief of an universal force that is greater than your own insignificant self...God.
Now on the flip side others are welcomed to a 24/7 BBQ. No need to bring a dish to pass as you are what is being grilled on the fire with plenty of hot sauce to go around.

Lumbergooz

I feel pity 4 those who think they will be tortured by God after death. Letz analyz it, God brings u into this life, his decision not urs, then he throws u into this colorful tunnel called life..again, not ur choice, his choice... this tunnel happens to be 70% unpleasant for most of the population, 30 % for the lucky ones, again, not ur choice...then GOD decides when & where u die...not ur choice also...his...then he is waiting 4 that moment to start torturing u?...in fact he should be rewarding u 4 accepting this (mostly)fkd up jeorney that u may chose to reject if u had the choice on day 1...,i say if God is the one who made all these beutiful flowers, adorable cats, cute kids, & other creatures, then he cannot be so sadistic.....

Krish

Recently, i learned up close in detail about Reincarnation and much more behind that data but can not say. As we are two different forms....

We are Corporeal Life and the other is Spiritual Life that are synchronized all the time. Some like Buddha get it...others had a hard time getting it, this side.

So, enjoy your time this side...and thank you....

Carl Miller

We will now briefly sum up the most important points of the Kardecist spirit doctrine
=
"God is eternal, immutable, immaterial, unique, all-powerful, sovereignly just and good.

"He has created the universe, which comprehends all beings, animate and inanimate, material

and immaterial.

"The material beings constitute the visible or corporeal world, and the immaterial beings

constitute the invisible or spiritual world, that is to say, the spirit-world, or world of spirits.

"The spirit-world is the normal, primitive, eternal world, pre-existent to, and surviving,

everything else.

"The corporeal world is only secondary; it might cease to exist, or never have existed, without

changing the essentiality of the spiritual world.

"Spirits temporarily assume a perishable material envelope, the destruction of which, by

death, restores them to liberty.

"Among the different species of corporeal beings, God has chosen the human species for the

incarnation of spirits arrived at a certain degree of development; it is this which gives it a

moral and intellectual superiority to all the others.

"The soul is an incarnated spirit, whose body is only its envelope.

"There are in man three things -(1.) The body, or material being, analogous to the animals,

and animated by the same vital principle; (2.) The soul, or immaterial being, a spirit

incarnated in the body; (3.) The link which unites the soul and the body, a principle

intermediary between matter and spirit.

"Man has thus two natures.: by his body he participates in the nature of the animals, of which

it has the instincts; by his soul, he participates in the nature of spirits.

"The link, or perispirit, which unites the body and the spirit, is a sort of semi-material

envelope. Death is the destruction of the material body, which is the grossest of man's two

envelopes; but the spirit preserves his other envelope, viz., the perispirit, which constitutes

for him an ethereal body, invisible to us in its normal state, but which he can render

occasionally visible, and even tangible, as is the case in apparitions.

"A spirit, therefore, is not an abstract, undefined being, only to be conceived of by our

thought; it is a real, circumscribed being, which, in certain cases, is appreciable by the senses

of sight, hearing, and touch.

"Spirits belong to different classes, and are not equal to one another either in power, in

intelligence, in knowledge, or in morality. Those of the highest order are distinguished from

those below them by their superior purity and knowledge, their nearness to

God, and their love of goodness; they are "angels" or "pure spirits." The other classes are

more and more distant from this perfection; those of the lower ranks are inclined to most of

our passions, hatred, envy, jealousy, pride, etc.; they take pleasure in evil. Among them are

some who are neither very good nor very bad, but are teazing and troublesome rather than

malicious are often mischievous and unreasonable, and may be classed as giddy and foolish

spirits.

"Spirits do not belong perpetually to the same order. All are destined to attain perfection by

passing through the different degrees of the spirit-hierarchy. This amelioration is effected by

incarnation, which is imposed on some of them as an expiation, and on others as a mission.

Material life is a trial which they have to undergo many times until they have attained to

absolute perfection; it is a sort of filter, or alembic, from which they issue more or less

purified after each new incarnation.

"On quitting the body, the soul re-enters the world of spirits from which it came, and from

which it will enter upon a new material existence after a longer or shorter lapse of time,

during which its state is that of an errant or wandering spirit¹.

"Spirits having to pass through many incarnations, it follows that we have all had many

existences, and that we shall have others, more or less perfect, either upon this earth or in

other worlds.

"The incarnation of spirits always takes place in the human race; it would be an error to

suppose that the soul or spirit could be incarnated in the body of an animal.

"A spirit's successive corporeal existences are always progressive, and never retrograde; but

the rapidity of our progress depends on the efforts we make to arrive at perfection.

"The qualities of the soul are those of the spirit incarnated in us; thus, a good man is the

incarnation of a good spirit, and a bad man is that of an unpurified spirit.

"The soul possessed its own individuality before its incarnation; it preserves that individuality

after its separation from the body.

"On its re-entrance into the spirit world, the soul again finds there all those whom it has

known upon the earth, and all its former existences eventually come back to its memory, with the

remembrance of all the good and of all the evil which it has done in them.

"The incarnated spirit is under the influence of matter; the man who surmounts this influence,

through the elevation and purification of his soul, raises himself nearer to the superior spirits,

among whom he will one day be classed. He who allows himself to be ruled by bad passions,

and places all his delight in the satisfaction of his gross animal appetites, brings himself

nearer to the impure spirits, by giving preponderance to his animal nature.

"Incarnated spirits inhabit the different globes of the universe.

"Spirits who are not incarnated, who are errant, do not occupy any fixed and circumscribed

region; they are everywhere, in space, and around us, seeing us, and mixing with us

incessantly; they constitute an invisible population, constantly moving and busy about us, on

every side.

"Spirits exert an incessant action upon the moral world, and even upon the physical world;

they act both upon matter and upon thought, and constitute one of the powers of nature, the

efficient cause of many classes of phenomena hitherto unexplained or misinterpreted, and of

which only the spiritist theory can give a rational explanation.

'Spirits are incessantly in relation with men. The good spirits try to lead us into the right road,

sustain us under the trials of life, and aid us to bear them with courage and resignation; the

bad ones tempt us to evil: it is a pleasure for them to see us fall, and to make us like

themselves.

"The communications of spirits with men are either occult or ostensible. Their occult

communications are made through the good or bad influence they exert on us without our

being aware of it; it is our duty to distinguish, by the exercise of our judgement, between the

good and the bad inspirations that are thus brought to bear upon us. Their ostensible

communications take place by means of writing, of speech, or of other physical

manifestations, and usually through the intermediary of the mediums who serve as their

instruments.

"Spirits manifest themselves spontaneously, or in response to evocation. All spirits may be

evoked: those who have animated the most obscure of mortals, as well as those of the most

illustrious personages, and whatever the epoch at which they lived; those of our relatives, our

friends, or our enemies; and we may obtain from them, by written or by verbal

communications, counsels,

information in regard to their situation beyond the grave, their thoughts in regard to us, and

whatever revelations they are permitted to make to us¹.

Spirits are attracted by their sympathy with the moral quality of the parties by whom they are

evoked. Spirits of superior elevation take pleasure in meetings of a serious character,

animated by the love of goodness and the sincere desire of instruction and improvement.

Their presence repels the spirits of inferior degree who find, on the contrary, free access and

freedom of action among persons of frivolous disposition, or brought together by mere

curiosity, and wherever evil instincts are to be met with. So far from obtaining from spirits,

under such circumstances, either good advice or useful information, nothing is to be expected

from them but trifling, lies, ill-natured tricks, or humbugging; for they often borrow the most

venerated names, in order the better to impose upon those with whom they are in

communication.

"It is easy to distinguish between good and bad spirits. The language of spirits of superior

elevation is constantly dignified, noble, characterised by the highest morality, free from every

trace of earthly passion; their counsels breathe the purest wisdom, and always have our

improvement and the good of mankind for their aim. The communications of spirits of lower

degree, on the contrary, are full of discrepancies, and their language is often commonplace,

and even coarse. If they sometimes say things that are good and true, they more often make

false and absurd statements, prompted by ignorance or malice. They play upon the credulity

of those who interrogate them, amusing themselves by flattering their vanity, and fooling

them with false hopes. In a word, instructive communications worthy of the name are only to

be obtained in centres of a serious character, whose members are united, by an intimate

communion of thought and desire, in the pursuit of truth and goodness.

“The moral teaching of the higher spirits may be sumnied up, like that of Christ, in the gospel

maxim, 'Do unto others as you would that others should do unto you;' that is to say, do good

to all, and wrong no one. This principle of action furnishes mankind with a rule of conduct of

universal application, from the smallest matters to the greatest.

They teach us that selfishness, pride, sensuality, are passions which bring us back towards the

animal nature, by attaching us to matter; that he who, in this lower life, detaches himself froni

matter through contempt of worldly trifles, and through love of the neighbour, brings himself

back towards the spiritual nature; that we should all make ourselves useful, according to the

means which God has placed in our hands for our trial; that the strong and the powerful owe

aid and protection to the weak; and that he who misuses strength and power to oppress his

fellow-creature violates the law of God. They teach us that in the spirit-workl nothing can be

hidden, and that the hypocrite will there be un-masked, and all his wickedness unveiled; that

the presence, unavoidable and perpetual, of those whom we have wronged in the earthly life

is one of the punishments that await us in the spirit-world; and that the lower or higher state

of spirits gives rise in that other life to sufferings or to enjoyments unknown to us upon the

earth.

"But they also teach us that there are no unpardonable sins, none that cannot be efaced by

expiation. Man finds the means of accomplishing this in the different existences which permit

him to advance progressively, and according to his desire and his efforts, towards the

perfection that constitutes his ultimate aim.

Such is the sum of spiritist doctrine, as contained in the teachings given by spirits of high

degree.
SPIRITS BOOK by Allan Karkec