Debate What is the very nature of Time?

2 very important questions that people need to ask themselves.

First: Is energy responsible for causing the physical manifestation of the fabric of our space dimension & if not then what is but if it is then can the fabric of our space dimension exist independent of energy & if it can then how but if it cannot then is it proper to say space-time continuum or is it proper to say space-energy-time continuum? In other words is the existence of our time dimension dependent upon the existence of our space dimension or is the existence of our time dimension dependent upon the existence of that which causes the physical manifestation of the fabric of our space dimension?

Second: If energy is responsible for causing the physical manifestation of the fabric of our space dimension then is it possible that through the process of changing its quantum state energy also exists with the ability to not cause the physical manifestation of the fabric of our space dimension as well & if so then could the process of changiing the quantum state of energy have a connection to the big bang? In other words is it possible that while energy exists with the ability to cause something aka physical spacial area & polarized quantum fluctuating matter through the process of changing its quantum state energy also exists with the ability to not cause something or not cause physical spacial area & not cause polarized quantum fluctuating matter?

PS: If you would like to hear/read what it is that I theorize about time/continuum just let me know & I promise, you will not be disappointed.

TimeFlipper

Hey TimeFlipper do you believe time is prime over energy or do you believe energy is prime over time?

Good question..I think both would be equal :)...
I would like to propose an analogy regarding energy and time..
Starting off as "Dark Energy" that powers "Time", which i see as a Radio Transmitter sending its AC output to a resonant Antenna, which in turn creates Radio Frequencies that move everywhere into the Universe...

Everything in the Universe vibrates, which is another term for frequency....At this point i see the frequencies from the radio transmitters antenna, keeping every single vibration in the universe apart from each other, and never allowing them all to bind together into one single mass..
Of course everything changes far too fast for us to comprehend, but as long as the Dark Energy is feeding the transmitter, the journey of Time continues, until the Dark Energy is gone, and consequently the Universe as we know it, ceases to exist..

Last edited:

Harte

One conception of this "problem" is that since matter (which is energy) and space time came into existence from nothing, it might be that space time is the opposite of matter (energy) and cancels it out so no net gain/loss.

Harte

It is to my understanding that each & every single 1 of us humans are constructed of cells which are constructed of molecules which are constructed of atoms which are constructed of subatomic particles which in turn are caused through the process of changing the quantum state of photons of raw particle causing energy. What this means is that as derived through all of the layers of our specific type/permutation of construction each & every single 1 of us humans are nothing more than a different combination and or permutation of the exact same thing. At the same time though it is to my understanding that our space dimension's quantum fluctuating spacial causing structure is also caused by energy. Which is quite neat because this idea suggests that in the same way there is the equivalence of mass & energy there is also the equivalence of distance & energy. The trick to here is that if all of this energy did not exist not only would there be another form of nothing but that form of nothing itself would exist with continuum. You see it is of my belief that for objects which are derived of/from energy the very nature of time itself is all about the 'Continuum' of the 'Existence' of that energy. In fact everything that I theorize about time and temporal relativity or time dilation comes from this basic simple premise.

This is what I don't understand you're saying that time began with the big bang but how could there be a big bang without there first being the energy required to cause that big bang? In other words how can there be physical spacial area without there first being the energy which causes the physical manifestation of that physical spacial area? And how can there be polarized quantum fluctuating matter without there first being the energy which causes the physical manifestation of that polarized quantum fluctuating matter? Second I did not say that subatomic particles are made of/from photons I said it is to my understanding that they are caused through the process of changing the quantum state of photons of raw particle causing energy. If I remember this properly Einstein called them photons of quanta.

Last edited:
I believe that the energy which causes the physical manifestation of our dimensionalized physical realm & all of that which is in it existed long before the big bang ever happened. At the same time though I also believe that this energy had/has the continuum of its existence.