Debate What is the very nature of Time?

Harte

This is what I don't understand you're saying that time began with the big bang but how could there be a big bang without there first being the energy required to cause that big bang? In other words how can there be physical spacial area without there first being the energy which causes the physical manifestation of that physical spacial area? And how can there be polarized quantum fluctuating matter without there first being the energy which causes the physical manifestation of that polarized quantum fluctuating matter? Second I did not say that subatomic particles are made of/from photons I said it is to my understanding that they are caused through the process of changing the quantum state of photons of raw particle causing energy. If I remember this properly Einstein called them photons of quanta.
See, particles with mass appear out of nothing at all constantly, without energy being added or consumed.

It literally happens ALL the time everywhere.

Harte

See, particles with mass appear out of nothing at all constantly, without energy being added or consumed.

It literally happens ALL the time everywhere.

Harte

Now feel free to correct me if I am wrong but it is to my understanding based on what I've read in the past the subatomic particles that you are taking about don't actually come out of nothing rather they come out of the fabric of our space dimension. Which if I'm not mistaken means that these subatomic particles are caused and or arise from the energy which causes the fabric of our space dimension. At the same time though it is also to my understanding that these subatomic particles are volital in nature. In the they pop into existence & then exist for some period of time & then evaporate and or get reabsorbed back into the fabric of our space dimension. However and again, correct me if I am wrong, it is to my understanding that the subatomic particles which make atoms what they are don't do this. In other words it is to my understanding based on what I've learned in the past the subatomic particles which make atoms what they are, are not volital but rather they are both stable & transformable. In fact if I am not mistaken this is the difference between the subatomic particles which arise from the fabric of our space dimension & the subatomic particles which arise through the process of changing the quantum state of photons of raw particle causing energy or if you prefer photons of quanta.

Kairos

What would break science is for an event to occur without a sufficient cause. If it were possible for particles to appear out of nothing, there at least has to be a cause for it to happen, even a random one perhaps. This is one of the axioms of science. If this were untrue, then science as we know it breaks.

I think people tend to confuse Parmenides statement (ex nihilo nihil fit) as referring to anything other than cause. It doesn't mean substance but cause.

Harte

Now feel free to correct me if I am wrong but it is to my understanding based on what I've read in the past the subatomic particles that you are taking about don't actually come out of nothing rather they come out of the fabric of our space dimension.
Okay:
Armed with theoretical microscopes, they keep on magnifying, gazing deeper and deeper into empty space until out of nothing, they suddenly see something.
That something is a roiling collection of virtual particles, collectively called quantum foam. According to quantum physicists, virtual particles exist briefly as fleeting fluctuations in the fabric of spacetime, like bubbles in beer foam.
"The 'bubbles' in the quantum foam are quadrillions of times smaller than atomic nuclei and last for infinitesimal fractions of a second—or in 'quantum-speak', the size of a Planck Length for a Planck Time," Eric Perlman, a Professor of Physics and Space Science at Florida Institute of Technology, says.
Source

At the quantum scale, space is a writhing, frantic, ever-changing foam, with particles popping into existence and disappearing in the wink of an eye. This is not just a theoretical idea—it's confirmed.
source

Harte

Alright I concede, you're right & I'm wrong! However I still refute any claim which states that time & temporal relativity does not arise from the continuum of the existence of the core foundation of the prime fundamental source substance of every thing that is physical/tangible. QPN over and out.

Harte

LOL
Believe me, it wasn't me that came up with virtual particles. I just happen to know a little about them because I was curious, like yourself.

As for the rest, that doesn't appear to be the case but wouldn't matter if it was true anyway, as long as General Relativity works as a system, then it will be the way to examine the macroverse.

Harte

Mooku

Want to drive yourself nuts.?

As I am writing each letter and as you are reading this you are already in the past.

Time is nothing more than motion and actions at this very present.