Debate What is the very nature of Time?

dimension-1hacker

Hello there, I would like to hear anyone's thoughts on the concept of time, like for example... can time be the same time with space, or is the space in accordance to time important? In which the spatial area of it would be their in that time? Your thoughts, answers, ideas, theories, and proposals would be great. Thank You. -EPC
2 neurons colliding does not by itself create thought as a cause does not cause itself. solve those paradoxes and you will understand the nature of time.

dimension-1hacker

From a more philosophical perspective, it goes back to Parminedes and Heraclitus (with Aristotle being the middle ground opinion). If the universe is static and inherently unchanging, then time is illusory. There is just one big thing and time is your experiencing slices of it. I think this may correspond to what some physicists refer to as block time, though I am unsure about that. On the other hand, if all is flux (Heraclitus), then there exists only the present moment (no past and no future). Time in that sense is just the flux that drives the endless change.

I tend to believe the past probably does not exist, nor does the future, but I take a middle ground in the Aristotelian and Thomistic sense, which I think comports well with what real science (not string theory) has advanced thus far.
that moment by definition is made of a past and future or the moment could not be experienced, therefore the equivelent to any other timeline.
Also, I think aristotles prime mover is not an object but a property as an object always needs a cause and objects can't cause themselves to move. Properties do not need to move because the property is part of the object, or the what.

TimeFlipper

That was Teslas belief. Everything is nothing and nothing is everything. Thats how he invented remote control and radio. We are but false images in a solid cube. It`s TRU MAN.

Please forgive me for asking, but iam confused over how he invented remote control and radio by applying the statement, Everything is nothing and nothing is everything?...That statement you quoted is completely meaningless..

Treversal

Please forgive me for asking, but iam confused over how he invented remote control and radio by applying the statement, Everything is nothing and nothing is everything?...That statement you quoted is completely meaningless..
From the article I read, TESLA believed that what we perceived as nothing, the space around us, was solid. And that everything that we believed to be solid such as rocks, cats, aluminum and ourselves were illusions, not real, projections. And because of this he knew that he could send remote control signals, electricity and radio though nothing because it was really solid.

DoctorZ

THinkharder is my alternate internet name
Time is frequency and gravity , if you go to another planet , you will not get the same feeling as on earth, ie: on jupiter you would feel like the day never end, and you would age very very slowly, depending on how big the planet is , time feel different, astronauts in space age much slower than us in earth the dont suffer from gravity , when it come to frequency is what you feel as the days go on , the day you are born you enter this timeline and exist until your last breath, if you die tragically ( very fast in trauma) you would in fact in the right circumstance, become a ghost , for you, it would feel like nothing has change you would still see the world turn, but time would no longer affect you, your ethoral energy would remain as long as your consiousness remain, for me in the science of thing at this moment , time is but a mesure on clock, the time that separate me from winning the lotto, and the moment i go to sleep, for having been awake very often for more than 24hrs in my life i know the feel of time as when its missing, this is what my definition of time is

TimeFlipper

From the article I read, TESLA believed that what we perceived as nothing, the space around us, was solid. And that everything that we believed to be solid such as rocks, cats, aluminum and ourselves were illusions, not real, projections. And because of this he knew that he could send remote control signals, electricity and radio though nothing because it was really solid.

I get the distinct feeling that you have been reading articles on Tesla that might be better put into some petty bourgeois philosophical writings...But you have the right to your own opinions, and I respect that :cool:..

Angelface239

To measure time has become a man made concoction.

In antiquity it was quite different. It was measured by the sun and the moon.

Then there is to be controlled by time (today) , sit in a cave with no light or solitary confinement then come back as say you understand time:)
I know the universe above us is intimate. Of different planets and galaxies near by ours which is the Andromeda Galaxy.

Treversal

I get the distinct feeling that you have been reading articles on Tesla that might be better put into some petty bourgeois philosophical writings...But you have the right to your own opinions, and I respect that :cool:..
Even crazier...the secrets of the greatest inventor in history could belong to Donald J. Trump.