What is time and how does it work?

Superman1

Thanks Opmmur. Sorry my dumb joke caused an unintended effect.
This time question reminds me of that old riddle: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it make a sound?
The answer is pressure waves are made, or the cause of sound is, one side of sound is, but with no receiver to hear it (except maybe animals).

Can time be like that? Before life evolved, time had to exist of course which quickly proves me wrong about it being of consciousness.
But can time be like sound in that the cause is there, one side of it, but is consciousness like the receiver, which completes the circuit? Does time exist if no one is there in it? That's relativity for ya.
Does even space exist if no one is there to see it? :cool:

Along with your initial questions though, there is: Is time travel possible? Well you seem to think so. But when a person does it is it without creating unnatural effects? Teleportation, yes. Because that is space to space. But time travel might seem the actual one thing that goes against nature. Though many things before did seem so.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

@Superman1 I believe that when this particular posting is near its end, @Opmmur will proceed to look into the question of what you asked, is time travel possible?..
Throughout the history of Paranormalis, time-travel has always created an interest and will continue to do so..

I also believe Prof Opmmur has brought up the question of, "what is time and how does it work"?, to bring out ideas and thoughts of new and older members so that we can collectively join together and produce more thought provoking concepts..It also gives us the chance to modify and expand some of our own previous concepts..

Its long overdue that the basic question of what time is and how does it work has been asked, and iam very pleased that the Prof has started it at this very moment in time..(please forgive the pun, it was intended) :D..

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I want to personally thank, TimeFlipper for your elegant explanation of the goals of this thread and hoping to create a place of knowledge for individuals with a true desire to learn more about teleportation and time travel. I also want to thank Einstein, not a DJ, time core, Superman and all other members to follow, to help make this thread a place of education and knowledge one and all.

I don't think we need to go into if time travel is real or not, for the past 80 years’ governments of this planet have discovered time travel and teleportation. These governments have been using and changing the world we have lived in all of our lives. Many members have in other threads have commented many times about things in their past that they remember happening and other say no it happened a different way. One thread addressed this phenomenon in the thread called the Mandela affect.

My goal with this thread and probably other threads to come is to gain a greater understanding of teleportation which I believe is the first step and the second step is true time travel itself. I do not believe we will get to the point where everyone is going to build a time machines, that is not the goal of this thread. I hope that the members that contribute to this thread can learn from the information contained herein and we can get past the comments often heard: “is time travel real” or “can I go back and see a friend in time” or "is time travel possible"?..

Professor Opmmur

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I do have more observable facts to add that could be relevant.

The universe is expanding at an accelerating rate. Is space being created as a byproduct of the flow of time? Or as I prefer to think that space is the outy wave that balances out time which could be the inny wave.

Then there is the problem of space itself. Each and every location in space is different from every other location. A similar thing appears to happen with time. So the question is, what is it that makes it that way? This is something that will take lots of observations over a wide range of phenomena. And of course when we figure it out, it will be something simple. The answer will most likely be right in front of our noses.

Harte

Not_a_DJ seems to answer well that question when theoretical physicists ask, "What is time?"
"Time is something in the point of perspective of the human race. According to his (our) needs, stuff, everything.
useful to compare things between events, and ... to measure the so called spaces between events to understand life and processes."
In other words its a product of consciousness, which is why it baffles physicists so much who refer to the "arrow of time" apparently as if it's a great mystery why it is linear.
That's the difference of time compared to space. Space is outside. Time is inside us.
:cry:
Except for the fact that time is not linear, as Einstein (Albert - not the poster) showed with relativity theory.
While I was reading about the annunaki, it said they were using a base 60 calendar system, and this was used for everything. Including length measuring and more. I don't remember if it was 60 or 16, because of their planet, as every sphere, it has 360 degrees and all of them moved to this system for convenience, like a standard for all of their usages. Not as ours, the decimal system or Base 10. We just use the base 60 for time calculatings, triangles, spheres, some physics...
Having never existed, the Anunnaki didn't use any numerical or calendar system.
Human beings, to wit, the Sumerians, developed a base sixty number system from the fact that there are 12 finger joints (knuckles) on one hand. You can use their system to count up to sixty things on one hand.

They used their system to count days in the year (of course,) and to divide the day into parts - which is where our current time telling system and angle measure system come from.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Good to see you joining this thread Hartey..
I think you intimated a couple of years ago to someone that you had knowledge of a time-machine?
Knowing you as i do, you are a very intelligent and pragmatic type of guy....Therefore you would have certainly gone into the area of time-travel and come up firstly with your own concept of what time is...:).

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I do have more observable facts to add that could be relevant.

The universe is expanding at an accelerating rate. Is space being created as a byproduct of the flow of time? Or as I prefer to think that space is the outy wave that balances out time which could be the inny wave.

Then there is the problem of space itself. Each and every location in space is different from every other location. A similar thing appears to happen with time. So the question is, what is it that makes it that way? This is something that will take lots of observations over a wide range of phenomena. And of course when we figure it out, it will be something simple. The answer will most likely be right in front of our noses.

I fully agree with Harte when it comes to time is not linear. There's been many experiments to prove that to be true.

Einstein, I find your comments very interesting it is a concept that I had not thought about. Assuming you're right and I have no doubt you probably are right, and then taking it one step further, I would assume also the time would slow down with the expansion of the universe. One other factor that needs to be considered, your point of view. I would tend to believe you'd get different time readings depending on where you're standing and viewing the expansion process as it happens in front of you. No matter where you're standing and viewing the event of a universe expanding with different time readings with every reading being slower than if you were viewing the same event from planet Earth.

Harte

I fully agree with Harte when it comes to time is not linear. There's been many experiments to prove that to be true.

Einstein, I find your comments very interesting it is a concept that I had not thought about. Assuming you're right and I have no doubt you probably are right, and then taking it one step further, I would assume also the time would slow down with the expansion of the universe.
What with both time and space being merely two different aspects of the same phenomena (spacetime,) it's just as likely that, if the expansion affects time at all, it could be speeding it up.

One other factor that needs to be considered, your point of view. I would tend to believe you'd get different time readings depending on where you're standing and viewing the expansion process as it happens in front of you. No matter where you're standing and viewing the event of a universe expanding with different time readings with every reading being slower than if you were viewing the same event from planet Earth.

Personally, I doubt this very much.
We can see a great distance into the universe. Variable stars that are far away pulse with the same regularity as nearer ones. If time was altered by distance, would that be the case?

Besides, why would one perspective differ from any other (assuming the velocity of the observer in both cases could somehow be made the same?) No reason for the readings to be slower than if measured on Earth.
Earth is not a special place where time flows more rapidly than somewhere else.
If such time variability actually exists, then there would be places where it flows faster than on Earth, and places where it flows slower than on Earth. Otherwise, Earth is a "preferred inertial frame," a concept that is refuted by relativity.

IMO, the only differences in the flow of time have to do with the relative velocity between the different points of observation. There is no "standard" flow of time - everywhere you go, your own time appears to be the "standard" one whereas everyone else's time (those with velocities relative to your position) appears to be the ones that are distorted.

Timeflipper:
I have no knowledge of any time machine, though I have an inkling concerning how one might travel through time (though not even the hint of an idea of how to do this with any technology.)

There can be no machine that accomplishes time travel - of that I'm certain.
Manipulation of gravity - extremely high gravity - could accomplish it, but that's not a machine making you move through time, that's a natural force (gravity) being manipulated.

Of course, I assume everyone here knows about the effects of time dilation at high velocities. That is a sort of time travel, though to experience it you must leave the Earth and subsequently return.

Harte

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
How about Time Portals as part of Time Travel as a "Natural Force".

Time portals can kill or be a good thing: one of the main things that I have learned from my research regarding time portals are that not all portals are on the same level / elevation to each other. A portal could open up and here's some examples:

1. Your portal opens up 100 feet in the air from your level of the observation.
2. A portal opens up in outer space which I believe is what can happened to you.
3. A portal opens up 100 feet below the surface of an ocean and ocean water pours out.
4. A portal opens up and you've opened up a bad portal and you have difficulty closing it.

In my experiment, the portal was about 2 feet in diameter, it opened up to a barn with two men were working on something below me, best guess the time-period was about 1910 or thereabouts. My point of view for a period of 20 minutes to 30 minutes, the men were 15 feet below me and I was in the hay storage area on the second floor looking down and about 50 feet away. Everything was crystal clear, I kept very quiet so no one would noticed that I was there. This was a natural time portal that lasted only a few hours, it opened and later closed on its own.

Professor Opmmur