When Anger is Healthy

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
i want to explore the idea that thought and time are the root of fear.

And love it seems is the total absence of fear.

Biologically this is true to some extent. Fear and anger are both biologically expressed with only one hormone: adrenaline. The response to adrenaline is either fight (anger) or flight (fear).

So if looked at biologically this would mean that love is the absence of adrenaline. This makes some sense. Fear certainly makes a lot of spiritual practice harder. Breathing for instance becomes hard when fear takes over. Focusing on the needs of someone else is harder when we are scared for our own lives, livelihood or whatever. In other words: fear makes love harder.

Fear is wired into the biochemistry of our bodies. Fear has been a necessary part of physical survival. Fear provided that extra amount of strength, speed, and agility to save our pre-history ancestor from being eaten by animals like for example a tiger. Those same physiological reactions are present in our modern-day bodies which respond just as strongly to psychological fears as they do to physical fears.

The tiger is real – our psychological fears are not. Our bodies, not knowing the difference, treat them as one and the same. Thus, if we are to change our relationship with psychological fear, it is necessary to find the source of our fear and heal it.

I agree to some extent: our psychological fears are partly realistic. For instance, with the present economic difficulties many people are afraid of their jobs or their business, a crash in the stock market , going personally bankrupt etc..

Also it is seen that once people become afraid – they infect each other. I have seen corporates and institutions where fear is the ruling factor.

I don’t think that kind of fear has anything to do with love.

It’s not the opposite of love, but rather on a different level altogether. Just pondering...

Deceptions and fear lead to aggressity, Jaden. Just as you posted.
I disagree with you... about the fight being anger and flight being fear. Look at the tiger as you mentioned. When the tiger fights it doesn't fight because of anger... it fights to survive. Also, yes, for the most part flight is fear. But... not all flight is fear. For instance somebody may be running because they are planning to do something. Basically plotting to attack. Fear... if you ask me fear is the absence of love and trust not the opposite of love. So yes... you are right about that. Except I think, fear isn't a whole different level, although it can feel that way, it is really the absence of love and some trust.

Carl Miller

Some of the questions need to be carried in the mind for a very long time. Similarly i may need more time to think of the things i pointed out and investigate my incongruences. Although I agree with most of my own logic, medically I can see some incoherence in the whole argument. We all know that body has its own intelligence which was spoiled by the mind. So if the mind (or thought) clearly understands that it is the mischief maker and stays in its right place will the body has a chance to heal itself (because of its innate intelligence)? I have a feeling that silence has a greater healing power than any chemical in the modern medicine. It can heal the body, mind, family, society and it goes on.................But it is a theory at this moment

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Some of the questions need to be carried in the mind for a very long time. Similarly i may need more time to think of the things i pointed out and investigate my incongruences. Although I agree with most of my own logic, medically I can see some incoherence in the whole argument. We all know that body has its own intelligence which was spoiled by the mind. So if the mind (or thought) clearly understands that it is the mischief maker and stays in its right place will the body has a chance to heal itself (because of its innate intelligence)? I have a feeling that silence has a greater healing power than any chemical in the modern medicine. It can heal the body, mind, family, society and it goes on.................But it is a theory at this moment
Wow, that time I don't even have any counter-argument. I think the same thing. It's a theory I personally greatly believe, and I think it is happening to us without us even knowing.

Carl Miller

Worst , now i got paralysed, Jaden. It s best i take a break and change the subject. Thanks for contributing on this thread. i dont want to get lost in word gymnastics. Thank you, Jaden.