Who Are You?

Fringan

Who Are You?

Ok, so now that I have read through most of the introductions I guess it's time I write my own:

My name is John, I'm 26 years old and I live in Stockholm, Sweden.
I mainly like to do things with my friends, like traveling, go hiking, go out dancing and all those kind of things.
Philosophy is also interesting so I spend alot of time thinking of various things, mostly whatever comes into mind. :)
I listen to nearly all kinds of music and I pick genre depending on the situation. For instance I like to listen to Beethoven while thinking, rock music before I go out on a friday night, trance and techno while I'm out that same night... :)
I have used the internet on an almost daily basis since it was made available for regular people in Sweden.

I think my english is OK, but since I'm not that used to using it I _will_ misuse words and misinterpit some of the tings your write and I guess you'll just have to bare with me on that one. Hopefully I will get better as we go.

I have worked as a salesman a few times, as an instructor at a paintball site, as a developer/programmer, as a chef in a cafeteria, a construction worker and god knows what.. I stared working early on, not because I had to, rather because I wanted to make my own money instead of getting them from my parents.
I am actually trained to be "systems engineer" and "sollution developer" (yes, I was micro$oft certified but the certificates ran out a while back) and I worked as one developing applications for the web for just under 5 years before I really got sick and tired of it (thats when I opened a little cafeteria in a school and suddenly became some kind of primitive chef :) ).
I also have a lot of trainig in journalism and for some time I wanted to continue study something that would result in a job that would involve writing, however I changed my mind and now I'm studying chemistry and biology but more importantly matematics and physics. I'm not sure what I want it to result in but I think theoretical physics would be a fun thing to do :) Hence my avatar is my favourite scientist and hero Niels Bohr.

The reason I registered here is that I've been thinking a lot about time traveling and it's problems for a few days but I couldn't get any of the people I usualy discuss things with to disagree with me. I believe the only way to gain new knowledge and insights is to think something up, present it to someone else and have him/her disagree and prove you wrong. Hopefully they will also bring you some new ideas and so you start thinking of the problem all over again with the new facts.
I hope to achieve that on this forum and it looks like I found the right place! I have already picked up a few new ideas and I'm sure there will be more.

What else is there to say? I'm not sure but I'll make a list below of things I like. Perhaps that will give you a picture of who I am:

* Card game: Texas Hold'em
* Computer Game: Counter Strike
* Sci/fi movie: Solaris
* Movies: 2001, 1984, Waking life, Big Lebowski, Office space
* Drinks: White russian, vodka&redbull
* Whisky: Chivas regal - preferably the 18 year old but the 12 yo is ok
* Beer: Heineken > all
* Car: Italian (Alfa romeo or preferably Ferrari if I could afford it ;) ) or German

Anything else you want to know? Just ask and I will probably answer it :)

CaryP

Who Are You?

Welcome Fringan,

You're English is pretty damned good. Hell, it sounds as good as mine, but I'm from the South and we're so berated by the Yankees here. Good chatting with you this evening. You sound like a great addition to the community. Don't get out of line or Mom (Sosuemetoo) just might have to slap you. Some great people here, bucko. I can't begin to have intelligent conversations about TT, Physics and the sciences in general. I'm into finance, and am a total dumb ass in the sciences. Sorry bout that. Anyway, welcome aboard, and a big Southern Rebel Yell YEEEEHAAAA. See you around the plantation.

Cary

BTW, Fringan goes by the nickname of Frings. He was a cool operator in chat this evening. Good to have you here bud.

Judge Bean

Who Are You?

I would like to welcome you too, my kinsman. My grandmother was Swedish, and I have a 1920 Swedish Mauser under my bed.

MonkeyBean

Who Are You?

Hey everyone. >:D< I'm TheHeggy's girlfriend...

Well a little about me, I'm 20, I'm your typical hockey loving Canadian, who lives just outside Canada's capital.

I work at a little print shop as a graphic designer and speciality printer.... and it's very interesting some of the digital pictures that come in to enlarge and print out.

I love music; I could listen to it all day...Bryan Adams, Eagles, Nickelback, Avril and Ashlee Simpson....the list could go on.

Anyway I love chatting and posting and meeting people... I don't know much at all about Time travel but I was in the chat using Heggy's name last night and met some really cool people from here...which is why I signed up....so I'm looking forward to reading these posts, posting myself and meeting more of you.

RoCK on!

CaryP

Who Are You?

Welcome aboard to our little corner of the multi-plex Mrs. Heggy. Shouldn't that be "The Future Mrs. Heggy" or "Heggy's Girlfriend" or is it "Heggy's Fiancee"? No matter, we'll call you whatever you want, unless Rob Hackimer gives you a nickname - they tend to stick when he gives 'em out.

Cary

sosuemetoo

Who Are You?

>:D< Mrs. Heggy! It was so nice to meet Heggy's better half yesterday. I'm very glad you joined!

Looking forward to seeing you!

"Mom"