Who Are You?

iooqxpooi

Who Are You?

I am he who is odd.

I am 12, and I live in NY. I like to read(Science, Science Fiction, History, Strategy(War), and anything else that is good). I also take up my time with sports(tennis, and soccer), playing/doing stuff on the computer, and playing video games.(Gamecube)

I have a knack for remembering things that I think are interesting...perfectly. I am also very good at Mathematics(well, fast and accurate, whatever), Science(Physics, basically), History, and Strategy.

I have no idea on what else to say here, so I will end it short, I guess.

CaryP

Who Are You?

Additon to my previous post. I love to hunt water fowl (ducks and geese). Deer hunting: very boring. Rabbit hunting: okay but limited space. Squerril hunting: good but it's too hot most of the time. Snake hunting: definitely fun, but also very hot, and a little dangerous. Okay, I'm a gun nut and nobody's going to take them away from me. Hell, let me get this out. I like to hunt and killing things. If this disturbs anyone, I apologize, but it's just me. Nothing like the firing of a gun and seeing something like a Nutria (Chinese version of a beaver) going down to make me feel better. They've about taken over the swamps and marshes down here. The Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries has an $8 bounty on them. I don't collect the bounty, but I do give the tails (proof for Wildlife and Fisheries) to trappers so they can collect the bounty. Our lease requires us to kill a minimum of Neutria to keep our lease. We always have a major overkill of these beasts. If I sound like a cruel animal killer, well, so be it. Don't take me tooo seriously, though. I grew up in this culture and it's stuck all over me. Yeeehaaaa.

Cary

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Who Are You?

Originally posted by CaryP@Jul 2 2004, 12:01 AM
Additon to my previous post. I love to hunt water fowl (ducks and geese). Deer hunting: very boring. Rabbit hunting: okay but limited space. Squerril hunting: good but it's too hot most of the time. Snake hunting: definitely fun, but also very hot, and a little dangerous. Okay, I'm a gun nut and nobody's going to take them away from me. ?Hell, let me get this out. I like to hunt and killing things. If this disturbs anyone, I apologize, but it's just me. Nothing like the firing of a gun and seeing something like a Nutria (Chinese version of a beaver) going down to make me feel better. They've about taken over the swamps and marshes down here. The Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries has an $8 bounty on them. I don't collect the bounty, but I do give the tails (proof for Wildlife and Fisheries) to trappers so they can collect the bounty. Our lease requires us to kill a minimum of Neutria to keep our lease. We always have a major overkill of these beasts. If I sound like a cruel animal killer, well, so be it. Don't take me tooo seriously, though. I grew up in this culture and it's stuck all over me. Yeeehaaaa.

Cary

Cary: What's a Squerril? Is that like a Chinese Squirrel. :lol:

I have morbid fascination with Guns, never understood the need to use one, but can see the fun some people get from them. They are a bit like fishing rod's to me, what's the point of fishing????

Phoenix

Who Are You?

Originally posted by CaryP@Jul 1 2004, 06:01 PM
Additon to my previous post.? I love to hunt water fowl (ducks and geese).? Deer hunting: very boring.? Rabbit hunting: okay but limited space.? Squerril hunting: good but it's too hot most of the time.? Snake hunting: definitely fun, but also very hot, and a little dangerous.? Okay, I'm a gun nut and nobody's going to take them away from me.? Hell, let me get this out. I like to hunt and killing things.? If this disturbs anyone, I apologize, but it's just me.? Nothing like the firing of a gun and seeing something like a Nutria (Chinese version of a beaver) going down to make me feel better.? They've about taken over the swamps and marshes down here.? The Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries has an $8 bounty on them.? I don't collect the bounty, but I do give the tails (proof for Wildlife and Fisheries) to trappers so they can collect the bounty.? Our lease requires us to kill a minimum of Neutria to keep our lease.? We always have a major overkill of these beasts.? If I sound like a cruel animal killer, well, so be it.? Don't take me tooo seriously, though.? I grew up in this culture and it's stuck all over me.? Yeeehaaaa.

Cary
Someone needs to teach me to hunt.

I think I must have known how to do it in past lives and I feel inadequate and alienated from the earth for not knowing how to hunt in this life. It is nice to feel that we are some how superior and less cruel than those who face the death and killing of a hunt, but if we are meat eaters we are only passing off this duty for others to perform. If we are not meat eaters, it is virtually impossible in the society/economies we participate in not to be involved in the daily killing of animals in one form or another. Perhaps in a future of nano-engineered meat we may sit in true peace in this matter and justly claim exemption but to me there is a certain honesty of being part of the act that is putting meat on the table.

CaryP

Who Are You?

Grayson,

Good catch on my "squerril" post. You edit your message before posting and you still make boneheaded spelling errors (me that is, not you by the "you" in this sentence. I'll stop before I get confused). Yes, guns have always fascinated me. I grew up with them. I grew up on a farm and my brothers and I had hundreds of acres to roam around on horseback. We learned to shoot different weapons at different ages. Growing up, your 12th birthday meant you got a 12 ga. shotgun. At 14 it was a .22 cal. rifle. From 15 through 18 you had some choice of weapons, pistols, rifles, etc. I happen to love sidearms and shotguns best. One of our duties was to kill the roving packs of wild dogs that would attack our cattle (young calves) from time to time. No there aren't any dingo's or aboriginal wild dog species in south Louisiana. These dogs were the ones that people from the city would take out to the country and abandon as puppies. They grew up wild and would attack young calves because they were hungry. They were also potentially dangerous to humans, although I don't remember any attacks on humans, but they would snarl, growl and bark at us. The summer time was always great for snake hunts. In south Louisiana, they're everywhere along the bayous and rivers. There were a few times we stumbled onto a nest of water moccasins, and the whole nest would attack us. A mad scramble retreat blasting away with shotguns was always an adrenalin rush. I'll shut up before... well, you get the picture.

Phoenix,

Man get someone to take you hunting. You're in for the rush of your life. I don't know where you live, so I don't know what is the most likely popular animal to hunt, but ducks and other waterfowl are along the major flyways (east coast, Mississippi and west coast). Nothing like bringing some game home. Maybe you'd like deer hunting. Some friends of mine love it. They'll sit in a deer stand for days and get excited just to see some fine bucks. Maybe its pheasant, or quail, or turkeys where you live. Upland bird hunting is also a lot of fun. Try and find someone who knows what they're doing, preferably some older guy(s), who've been around, and would like the opportunity to show a younger guy the ropes. I've had a few anti-gun people take me up on an offer just to try shooting at a shooting range. They'd never been exposed They are now hooked on guns. They mostly got into handguns, but what the hell, at least they're not mouthing off from ignorance around me anymore. There's probably a shooting range within a 30 minute drive of where you live. You can rent a gun, buy the bullets and shoot at targets at most of these ranges. Most of these ranges even have machine guns to rent. Of course, they're selling you the rounds of ammo and making money, but it's fun. Make sure you let them know of your experience or lack thereof with guns before you get a weapon. They'll make sure you know how to load and operate the gun safely before they turn you loose on the shooting range. Okay, I've done it again...sorry.

Cary

Phoenix

Who Are You?

I live is southern California.

I have seen ducks, quails, and rabbits where I live. I even rode by a very large snake crossing a bike trail one evening. You are right, I do need to find an older person in the know that is willing to show a younger guy like myself the ropes. I am sure they would also know what areas, seasons, licenses ect apply for where I live.

There were a few times we stumbled onto a nest of water moccasins, and the whole nest would attack us. A mad scramble retreat blasting away with shotguns was always an adrenalin rush. I'll shut up before... well, you get the picture.
Hee hee,

I can sure see how that would get your heart pumping. Those things are deadly.

CaryP

Who Are You?

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Jul 6 2004, 10:32 AM
Cary kills Bambi's mother and all the other water moccasins!

Nah, the only deer I ever killed were bucks, not does. So maybe Bambi's dad, but not his mother. There's so many water moccasins down here, you'd have to bring in some special virus just for them to kill 'em all. You wouldn't want to do that anyway. They help balance the eco-system. But their skins do make a nice trophy.

Cary

Cyberbomb

Who Are You?

Hey all, this is just Cyber dropping by to introduce myself and have some fun.

some stuff about me: Why would you ever wanna know about me :D ... ahhh well ill say some stuff anyways just so that you dont lose any sleep thinking about the topic.

Im 16, 5'10 and attending High School, I enjoy biking, wrestling, playing badminton (its much harder then it looks... I swear :p ) hanging out with friends and playing computer.

Im trying to be a programmer and enjoy doing nothing (who doesn't), being lazy doesn't help me do anything but its just so damn fun :lol: I only came in to the TT scene shortly after Alex started the time traveling flame again, almost everyone here probably knows me from mirc :p as I don't post on forums much.

heh, im sure this year will be a very interesting one and hope to talk to you all on the forums as well as the chat.

I guess I should end this here as some of the people on the chat are probably going to go crazy from the suspense of what my introduction is going to look like, have a awsome day all :lol: