Who Are You?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Who Are You?

Woah, never seen this thread.

My name is Brent Hegnauer, and I'm from.... Uh.... Many places.

I was born December 29th, 1983 in Aberdeen, Washington. My parents and I moved to Rohnert Park, California when I was still a baby, and then we moved two other times in the same city before I was 9.

When I was 10, we moved to a tiny town called Bend, Oregon. Lived there for a year, and then moved to a city called Clackamas, Oregon. We lived there for about 6 years, my parents went through a terrible divorce, and my father, ny sisters and I moved to a suburb of Clackamas called West Linn, and then a year later we moved again to another house in the same city.

I joined the army when I was 17. I wanted to become a linguist, but I got the car salesman pitch and ended up becoming an MIA2 tank operator. I hated it.

I went to basic training in Fort Knox, Kentucky, and then did a solid year of REAL army life in Baumholder, Germany. I've been to every European country, and Russia.

I got myself out by telling them I was crazy.... And I didn't really expect it to work. (I'm not crazy, I promise). It was an honorable discharge though.

I moved back in with my family who had moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado by the time I came back. I lived there for 4 months, and then moved into my own crappy apartment.

I met a beautiful girl online, and travelled 3 days by bus to Canada to see her. We decided to move in together, and here I am.

She got me my job as a graphic/web designer, and I'm loving every moment of it. Right now we're preparing to move out of this apartment and into a smaller one without our annoying roomates.

Life is good.

I'm currently working on many many projects, including:

--A website devoted to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City mods

--Creating my own full GTA:VC conversions. (One set in the 1940s, one a revival of the Back To The Future conversion that was never completed by whomever started it)

--A website devoted to Photoshopping :D

--Building a full sized R2-D2 replica (I'm a huge Star Wars fan)

So that's my life in a nutshell. Woot.

Ralan

Who Are You?

I'm fifteen, from somewhere in England, UK.

The most important thing to me is my project, called The Project, a large aspect of which is a guitar based band which used to be called The Project but is now waiting for a new and better name. It's the only means I can see I have for having my say about the way things are run and people are treated, both of which I have big problems with right now.

I like music; I have been mainly into guitar/rock based music for a long time. My favourite band is Radiohead, and I listen to a lot of similar 90s melodic stuff as well as emerging alternative bands. I really like jazz and strings music, and I recently started listening to minimilism which is really growing on me. The music I make is a mixture of all of my influences, mutated by my interest in electronic sound and experimentalism (warning; possibly not a real term).

This hunting stuff did upset me a little. I wouldn't kill anything/anyone unless it/they were going to kill me, or something/someone I cared about more, if I didn't. I get my 'rush' from skateboarding, so if I ever do end up taking a life for my own pleasure, at least it will be mine, and given willingly.

I was educated in a strongly Roman Catholic school, baptised, reconciled, brainwashed and confirmed in that order and remained a Catholic until the age of 13, when I started to study the faith independantly, found it contradictory and racist, and left it, drifting without philosophy for about a year until I found modern humanism and self-proclaimed myself a member. I try to self educate myself on religion and politics, religion so I can be sure I have the fairest beliefs (so far I've found no reason to question myself), politics because at first they interested me, and later on began to scare me.

From the ages 5 to 9 I thought I came from another planet. I have a strong dislike for the American method of government and its spread into the one I live under, among others. I hate war, and never judge another human by anything other than their personality and actions. I am patriotic to the world rather than my country. There might be another word for it.

I read Iain Banks' sci-fi and gothic horror books, a few other sci-fi/fantasy authors and a novel from pretty much every other genre every now and then. I have written a few short stories and will probably start trying to write full length work in the future. I'm headed for a career in journalism, but I'm also interested in the sciences, especially physics. My biggest problem is my laziness which I hate. I am about halfway through GCSEs and hope to go on to do English, music, photographic art and politics at A level.

I'm here on the forum because Gavin turned up on the old one after ignoring it for months, had a tissy fit and banned all my favourite people.

Well there it is, a text based version of my soul for all to see.

>:D<

Ralan.

HackimerRob

Who Are You?

Cyberbomb said
I got myself out by telling them I was crazy.... And I didn't really expect it to work. (I'm not crazy, I promise). It was an honorable discharge though.
Cyber, ever watch M*A*S*H* in reruns on the tv? It's about this field hospital in the korean war. Well (everyone probably knows this) but there was one character who was always trying to convince his superiors that he was crazy, trying to get a section 8, he would wear dresses and earrings, woman things, and just generally act silly. Never worked.
Maybe you should go by "Corporal Klinger". That was his name!
Maybe not.
yeah, someone remind me to leave the name choosing to the individuals that have to live with it.

Thanks.
:cry:

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Who Are You?

Cyberbomb? I believe it was I who said that :p

Yeah, some people started calling me that before I left. The 1st Sgt got on em though.... Probably afraid I was going to snap. LOL.

I did stuff like painting my sink red, filling my room with candles, walking around with my fists clenched.... Weird stuff like that.

I really did like the army, I just hated my MOS. I was angry at the fact that I felt like I got conned into being a tanker. I tried to switch MOSs, but my captain (who looked like a cross between Kermit the Frog, Pee Wee Herman and Mr. Bean) wouldn't allow it.

MORG

Who Are You?

My name is John Burden. I was in the Air Force for 4 years from 97 to 2001. I was stationed at Cheyenne Mountain AFS in Colorado Springs (NORAD area). I now work for Lockheed Martin still in Cheyenne Mountain AFS. I work in the Messaging Center up there right now.
I'm into all sorts of music but really into Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, that sort of thing because my girlfriend is a die-hard Marilyn Manson fan also. Seen him live 4 times.
I'm into computers, Tara Reid, Coke2, imitation crab meat, Capri Sun, oreo cookies, lizards, lions, painting, girls and snickers candy.
My favorite show is Smallville.
My favorite movie is Tombstone.

I'm 26 years old. I'll be 27 in August. One of my good friends is a DJ at a gentlemen's club so I like to go there quite a bit and look at boobies.
I'm 5'11", 225 lbs (I work out 6 days a week). I used to bench more, but due to a shoulder injury suffered during a fall incurred during a drunken stooper, my max bench is about 225. I'm hoping to be able to build it up again. I run about 3 miles a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I like pizza.

CaryP

Who Are You?

Go MORG,

You sound like my kind of bad ass, except for the Marilyn Manson. But the again, I'm probably too old to appreciate the boy. Kinda like my old man couldn't appreciate Hendrix. It's all good - or has that become passe'. WeverTF. Rock on bro.

Cary