Who Are You?

CaryP

Who Are You?

Welcome to the plantation Lenora, and Bonjour aussi. I have mostly French heritage, but that is mostly Cajun French from Nova Scotia. I studied French at CEGEP de Jonquiere over 30 years ago when I was in high school. Unfortunately, I've lost most of the French I learned back then as I haven't had much practice. Bienvenue, et laize les bon temps roulet!

Cary

Lenora

Who Are You?

Evening to all,

Cary so you are Cajun French! Now that is really beautiful ancestry, and as for Jonquiere, well you where really kind of up North!! Must have been cold winters!

French is not an easy language, I mostly speak english now, and yes I am loosing some of my "good french"! The population here in the Lower Laurentian is 90% french, we speak what could be called a dialec "joual", which is a mixture of english and french.

They tried years ago with the "Separation" thing to get us to speak a better french, a more parisian french, it worked for a while...but get out here and listen to anybody speaking french, its old french with english.

Lenora

Raine

Re: Who Are You?

Hi my name is Raine, obviously. I'm a young'un Canuck who's living in SoCal with my sailor husband. I found this site while reading about JT, and have been reading your posts for a while (stealth-like sneak, I know- sorry, lol :p ) and enjoy the wit and intelligence that are some times hard pressed to find on other ttf's. My interest in tt came from my husband, who directed me toward the site. I may be a fence sitter when it comes to having an opinion but I enjoy the ramifications of learing about JT and his claims - whether it's true or not it sure makes you realize your surroundings in a different and much more appreciative light!

Going to school for psych, but it's been a long road of Anthropology and English behind it, while tossing in some computer nonsense. I spend my time with books and the net, gardening and interesting recipes, as well as whatever I can squeeze into the day to procrastinate on my school work. I'm as much the girl next door as it gets - the little offense I have towards things or people are processed meats and voluntary ignorance (I can hear you now saying "That's it?!" but you will find that quite a bit can be classified in those two seemingly non-general categories).

I probably won't be writing much as I am a sitting babe with my finger up my nose when it comes to anything math, science or politics related. Have pity. However you will find my nodding my head to whatever you have to say in time to any classic rock I can get my hands on, and put on some Dire Straits, Led Z, The Cars or some good ol' CCR for added excitement!

sosuemetoo

Welcome to the forum Raine. I'm glad you decided to go from stealth lurker to member! That's the first step.

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do. Sounds like you'll fit in just fine. Don't be afraid to post. You did just fine with your introduction. Heck I flunked physics, and I'm a moderator on TTF. ;)

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Raine\")</div>
Hi my name is Raine, obviously. I'm a young'un Canuck who's living in SoCal with my sailor husband. I found this site while reading about JT, and have been reading your posts for a while (stealth-like sneak, I know- sorry, lol :p ) and enjoy the wit and intelligence that are some times hard pressed to find on other ttf's. My interest in tt came from my husband, who directed me toward the site. I may be a fence sitter when it comes to having an opinion but I enjoy the ramifications of learing about JT and his claims - whether it's true or not it sure makes you realize your surroundings in a different and much more appreciative light!

Going to school for psych, but it's been a long road of Anthropology and English behind it, while tossing in some computer nonsense. I spend my time with books and the net, gardening and interesting recipes, as well as whatever I can squeeze into the day to procrastinate on my school work. I'm as much the girl next door as it gets - the little offense I have towards things or people are processed meats and voluntary ignorance (I can hear you now saying \"That's it?!\" but you will find that quite a bit can be classified in those two seemingly non-general categories).

I probably won't be writing much as I am a sitting babe with my finger up my nose when it comes to anything math, science or politics related. Have pity. However you will find my nodding my head to whatever you have to say in time to any classic rock I can get my hands on, and put on some Dire Straits, Led Z, The Cars or some good ol' CCR for added excitement![/b]

What! No Foghat, Ozzy, Rush, Mothers Of Invention, Mott The Hoople, Slade, Dio, Rainbow, Soft White Underbelly (secret name for Blue Oyster Cult when they play small places),They Might Be Giants, Sammy Hagar, Van Halen, Journey, Firesign Theatre, Clapton, Montrose, ZZ Top, Eddie Money, Van Morrison, Jeff Beck, Beck-Bogart-Apice, Asia, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, T Rex,
Bloodwin Pig.............???

Welcome, ok your turn.

CaryP

Welcome to the plantation Raine. Like your musical tastes. Get rambunctious whenever the feeling strikes you. We all do that from time to time.

Cary

ambervgeorge

Hello. I am new to the forum. I do not know exactly who I am, so I will let you decide.

I am 24 years old. I've played guitar since I was 13; been in the Chicago-based band amber V since I was 18. I've been married for two years; had a son for two months.

My favorite movies are Donnie Darko and all of David Lynch's films. My favorite musical artists are Pink Floyd, Sunny Day Real Estate, Radiohead, Black Heart Procession, and Guns 'n' Roses. My favorite books are written by Kurt Vonnegut, Stephen King, Hunter S.Thompson, and Richard Matheson.

My most prized possession is my guitar, a 1994 Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus, and my amp, a 1980s Boogie Studio .22.

I suppose that's about it. I'm here to learn some principles of time travel.

PamelaM

Hi, My name is Pamela.

I met John Titor only a short time after I had received a computer from one of my brothers and was able to get online.

Time travel had always been an interest for me. The time travel institute was the first place I found on time travel and started posting there looking for answers.
I met John who posting as Timetravel_0 back then. I corresponded with him until he left.

I live in Ohio, in the USA, In an apartment with my two cats (who have cute scientific names!) They will be three in August.

Church is a part of my life. I am involved in a number of singles events in various churches. I have a strong devotion to God and enjoy Christian music that has Hebrew music and words mixed with it.

My friends are very important in my life and I love hanging out with them.

I love anything to do with flying: airplanes, hanggliding,helicopters etc. I have even had the opportunity to ride in an ultralite and the guy let me fly it for a bit. I am not a pilot myself. I am also very interested in anti-gravity devices and research.
Someday I would like an opportunity to scubadive and also to ride in a hot air balloon.
Astronomy and medical research also interest me. I enjoy reading and currently have four bookshelves of books.

My favorite section in Popular Science magazine is the new inventions section that show all the neat devices coming out. I am very creative myself and like to see what people come up with. Science fiction of today is science fact of tomorrow. If people can dream it up someone will find a way to make it work.

Currently I am busy learning from the teaching DVDs of some college courses I have purchased. One is called "Einsteins relativity and the quantum revolution" by professor Richard Wolfson.
and the other is "particle physics for non-physists a tour of the microcosmos" by Professor Steven Pollock. They all contain excellent diagrams and illustrations.

If I could travel in time one of the things I would personally like to see is the Ark of the Covenant.

Cubby

I'm one of the Earth's wandering entities, neither confused about his destination nor in a hurry to get there.
I'm one of those artsy-fools leaving his creations upon the face of this Earth to appear and soon disintegrate back where they came from.
I'm one of those political/humanitarian thinkers and politically involved even if not directly a voter or pay particular attention to parties.
I'm a half-assed vegan and avid lover of animals and nature
I'm a musician, one of my favourite activities is to make noise while simultaneously being silent.
I'm currently human, but at risk at any possible instance of ceasing to be human. Just as in the same instance I came to being human.
As explained by family, friends, associates and all around me I am slow, fast, stupid, intelligent, mean, caring, a bit strange/eccentric and exceptionally logical. With no particular bias to what's said by who.
I am an organism of nature that human's science would like to name me as an organism seperate from the world. Even if we identify ourselves very much by what we do.
I am spiritual and scientific in no specific and hardly traditional way, if you want the two seperated from me then go to read about every religion you can find and about as many branches of science you can go down.
If I was a shick shaver though I'd be cutting every morning, all my legs, all my head, born to shave, only shave! =)