Why you need a time travel machine ???

TimeFlipper

I can't wait to know these secrets.
A very interesting interview with Steven Gibbs on the radio...when the interviewer asked him: what if someone with no-so-good intentions used the machine...like one who goes to future, see what shares will go up or what lottery ticket will win & then comes back and buy those shares or ticket...Mr. Gibbs replied that he cannot confirm the result but machine most probably HDR will only work for good intentions.
on the interview he was saying that after 2012 there was some kind of time wall that time travelers cannot see beyond...I wonder if anyone can tell us what are the results of Time travel as we at in 2016 , so we crossed the 2012 barrier ?
Several years ago "psychics" became incapable of "seeing" beyond the year 2012, nobody knows how this barrier was created or its purpose...It has greatly disturbed the American, Russian and British Governments who have been actively engaged in the Black "Psy-Ops" programs that began back in the 1950s, at the start of the Cold War between the Russians and the West...

Lumbergooz

I spoke with Steven Gibbs the other day. Quite a good experience, perhaps worth a trip to US to meet this gentleman & learn more from him.

blueyu

Meanwhile, I would also like to ask :

time travel back by HDR will create another time line or change the same time line?

Lumbergooz

@blueyu : my understanding is , if u go backward timeline, you may change bad events (as most Time travelers aim), and continue from there, so that when u reach 2 this time where we are now, you do not live the consequences of that bad event simply bcoz u went back and prevented it.
However, HDRs are said 2b able 2 send u 2 different worlds, and that is -if true- is beyond amazing.

paradox404

@blueyu : my understanding is , if u go backward timeline, you may change bad events (as most Time travelers aim), and continue from there, so that when u reach 2 this time where we are now, you do not live the consequences of that bad event simply bcoz u went back and prevented it.
However, HDRs are said 2b able 2 send u 2 different worlds, and that is -if true- is beyond amazing.

Regardless of how a time machine works, it will always create a new world line on arrival. Its simply because the TT does not exist initially in the past, therefore the two potential events separate into the old world line and the new one with the TT. Its possible that upon return to the present, you would find yourself already there due to the reason to travel no longer existing. It is one of the main issues with a many worlds universe, and why a divergence value is nessasary.

Can't comment on the HDR though, don't know too much about those.

AlienWeaver

If we traveled into the past: Will we can see the exact things from the past? IDK, But i hope.
If we traveled into the future: Will we can see the exact things will happen in the future? 100% No, Because we don't know the future.

TimeFlipper

If we traveled into the past: Will we can see the exact things from the past? IDK, But i hope.
If we traveled into the future: Will we can see the exact things will happen in the future? 100% No, Because we don't know the future.
I think the idea is that the future has already been mapped out for us, and we have possibly even travelled that same route before...I believe this is called a closed time loop :)

Last edited:

paradox404

Some schools of thought see time as being circular, therefore when we travel forward into the immediate future, we are then going to keep on travelling into the past...Its called a Closed Time Loop, therefore what has been, will be the past again :)

They had an episode like that in futurama. Frys relative (Was it Farnsworth? Or was that the other guy?) made a time machine that was only capable of traveling to the future. Anyway two universes later they arrive and land on themselves and assume their places. Interesting episode.