Yours and Mine Favourite Songs From The 1960s

Wind7

Staff
My favourite album by The Beatles is Revolver.

My top 3 are,

1. Revolver
2. Sgt. Pepper's
3. Abbey Road

:)

Wind7

Staff
My Generation- The Who

The infamous Smothers Brothers show featuring The Who.

The story was that they were so agitated with the Smothers' producer about having to pretend to play that, Keith Moon put explosives in his bass drum to conclude the songs ending.

Way too much explosives!

Pete Townshend gets nailed by it and started his long battle with hearing problems .

TimeFlipper

I'm a huge Beatles fan, TF.

This was the first song from their early days that really caught me.
You reminded me of their very first LP, Please Please Me, and the song "I saw her standing there"which was one that i played and sang to in my very first pop group back in 1964, i could even sing it in their original key of E major...But as the years rolled on i had to change keys singing to that song as my vocal range had dropped, firstly to D major, and then C major!!...Today i would just do an oration version, similar to how the brilliant comedian Peter Sellers performed, Hard Days Night :LOL:..

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Was that song performed on the, Old Grey Whistle Test?..
There are a few Oz groups that had done well in the UK during the 1960s, the Easybeats got into our charts during 1967 and i even bought a copy of this next record of theirs, Friday on my mind....Take note of the rhythm guitarist using his 12 string guitar that made the whole musical sound much better (y):)..

Mayhem

Zenith
Dont know about whether it was on that music show but the one linked is from a Detroit educational station called "Conversations in Depth," aired on ch. 56, was hosted by Seymour Ricklin. That night's show topic was "The Hippies." John Sinclair and Harvey Ovshinsky on the panel.

Mayhem

Zenith
Funny you brought up the seekers when i was young played soccer with Bruce Woodley's son Dan and stayed over at their house a couple times nice family.

A bit of background in which he told my father and other friends he was shattered when Judith went her own way as there had been some disagreements i think it was over marketing. Bruce reckoned they would have been on easy street for the rest of their lives and as you mentioned internationally, if they had of continued touring and producing music as a band. Publicly it came out it was over creativity.

Bruce was advised to go into politics here and did so and won a seat im not sure how many terms he served but regardless they get a pretty decent lifelong pension for their service. On reflection in their house years ago just thinking about it now never remembered hearing any music and my friend his son never spoke of it.