Civil Unrest; its happening now

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
But no where in these quotes is there any statement that Titor's history will become our history. Supposedly because of the 2% divergence. So all these statements by Titor are actually predictions for his timeline. Not ours.

So if there are an infinite number of timelines, what is 2% divided by infinity? The answer is infinity.

Traveler Malaki has started similar topic threads on Titor. I don't believe he has ever read the Titor story. He's kind of getting a reputation like Ren for posting false topics.

You do have a point, Einstein. But I don't like nailing someone (Ren) to the proverbial cross for past actions, which, if you understood him correctly, were always done to prove a point, or at least it looked like that to me. But anyway, back to the topic..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Ain't that the truth. But I believe I came across something recently that could be a contributing factor to the problem. People brought up in a religious environment have a much harder time distinguishing the difference between facts and beliefs. Excellent fodder for the con artist.

We'll I wouldn't really compare the belief in a deity to some internet troll/ time traveler, but maybe that's just me.

You don't know what happened with the Church of Titor a few months ago.

Man, where is Cosmo??? LoL

I have noticed a simultaneous disappearance of Hodor as well.

walt willis

We'll I wouldn't really compare the belief in a deity to some internet troll/ time traveler, but maybe that's just me.

So you think that you understand what is meant by the words "Timeline"?

Now that is funny!

Your understanding is NOT the same as mine.

To me time is non linear and it exist as it is in the past, present, as well as it exist in the future.

It is also in constant flux as a living organism.

The real Einstein understood this principle.

We live in a linear timeline, but we are more like a leaf in a meandering river.

Just as a fish thinks that there is no such thing a water, we tend to believe there is no mater in the space around us humans.

It would be feudal to try an explain this concept to a fish just as it is to explain time to most people.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

So you think that you understand what is meant by the words "Timeline"?

Now that is funny!

Your understanding is NOT the same as mine.

To me time is non linear and it exist as it is in the past, present, as well as it exist in the future.

It is also in constant flux as a living organism.

The real Einstein understood this principle.

We live in a linear timeline, but we are more like a leaf in a meandering river.

Just as a fish thinks that there is no such thing a water, we tend to believe there is no mater in the space around us humans.

It would be feudal to try an explain this concept to a fish just as it is to explain time to most people.

Not much is known about the nature of time. So there really is no factual basis for many of the concepts we use. What is meant by "Timeline"? I think most would say the existing path through time that we are on. But even that is questionable. Not everyone perceives reality in the same manner. What causes a building to just vanish, and an empty lot is left in its place? Kind of like the path we are on is modifiable.

Galileo

Ain't that the truth. But I believe I came across something recently that could be a contributing factor to the problem. People brought up in a religious environment have a much harder time distinguishing the difference between facts and beliefs. Excellent fodder for the con artist.

The point I was trying to make was that religious people are taught to accept their religion as fact. Fact without verification. So belief and fact are the same thing to a religious person. In my book a fact without verification is just a belief, or hearsay.

.. So how do you verify a fact?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

The point I was trying to make was that religious people are taught to accept their religion as fact. Fact without verification. So belief and fact are the same thing to a religious person. In my book a fact without verification is just a belief, or hearsay.

Go look and see for yourself if the stated belief is true. Then it gets transferred over to the fact category. If you can't personally verify something, then you should never accept it as fact.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Go look and see for yourself if the stated belief is true. Then it gets transferred over to the fact category. If you can't personally verify something, then you should never accept it as fact.

Just testing this logic :) So, if you can't go to space to see the earth isn't flat, we shouldn't accept it?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Just testing this logic :) So, if you can't go to space to see the earth isn't flat, we shouldn't accept it?

Actually I do believe it was Columbus that had an interesting mathematical argument to indicate it was round. The mast of a ship would disappear over the horizon at the 13 mile mark. Using the Pythagorean theorem you could calculate the small angle made. Then divide that angle into 360 degrees. And take that number and multiply by 13 miles. The result would be the distance around the earth. Which I believe came out to around 25,000 miles.

walt willis

Very true that there exist no “factual basis for the understanding of time, however despite the general dumb publics view of the world being flat and the sun that revolves around the earth, there are some that now understand that time may not be what we perceive it to be.
It is still not safe to be right when your government is wrong and so it goes for the folks that have been blessed with a greater scientific insight as well.
The path we are on has and is being modified as we speak in our so called timeline. It sounds as though you are on the right track in understanding time, space, and gravity.
Please try to keep that open mind and maybe someday you will know more.