Debate Most Likely End of Days Scenario

Falkon303

I think the most likely event will be something similar to the accident at Fukushima, or some other form of radiation or contamination that is unrecoverable. I feel like all it takes is one big mistake when dealing with dangerous technologies.

TnWatchdog

Dates of predictions come and go, which only feed the scoffers. Where is this Planet X or what happened to Titor? Most forget that we are indeed living in the last days. I am not a Bible expert but have always been interested in its final chapter. It says that there will be warning signs and life will be as in the days of Noah. We can see that things seam to be getting worse as the days pass.

Now there are about a hundred doomsday senerios out there...but which one will hit us, if at all.

I was outside the other day and had a feeling that in a split second, we could be history and we wouldn't know what hit us. A crustal pole shift, as depicted in the flick 2012, causing earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and floods...for starters. The earth has a bulge at the equator, 21 km, so if the rotation stopped and reversed, a wall of water would drown those that survived the initial blow. The aftermath would cause darkness from volcanic dust, the grid to go out, nuclear disasters, panic, martial law, and a one world government. Sounds grim...doesn't it? This is why the government hasn't told us about any possible pending disaster as they supply their bunkers.
Don't be alarmed but enjoy your day as the grim reaper could come and take anyone of us out at anytime. lol

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The earth has a bulge at the equator, 21 km, so if the rotation stopped and reversed, a wall of water would drown those that survived the initial blow.
Wait... I never, ever thought about this. That means more water is in place in the equator region, when compared to other latitudes? That's a lot of water, right?

TimeFlipper

The earth has a bulge at the equator, 21 km, so if the rotation stopped and reversed, a wall of water would drown those that survived the initial blow.
Wait... I never, ever thought about this. That means more water is in place in the equator region, when compared to other latitudes? That's a lot of water, right?
Yeah lets go swimming with poisonapple lol :D

Nimara

I think we are programmed to accept self-annihilation. Thus eventually, by our own hand, we will make our home inhabitable. Scientists are already doing a bang up job - with the invention of weapons, nuclear power, and other technological marvels we ooh and ahh over. It's only a matter of time before we destroy our world and ourselves in it. What grows from the nuclear primordial soup of our end? We can only imagine.

paradox404

I think the most likely doomsday scenario is that complete and utter chaos will breakout, because of WW3 coupled with a holy war in the form of Civil wars in probably all countries around the globe.

Unfortunately it appears that more or less rapture has begun... :(

Justinian

I've suspected that the moon could be under intelligent control. It could be used to steer us into a larger orbit. Merely by coming in close to the Earth. The moons orbital period would decrease down to days and would provide the increased orbital momentum to jog the Earth loose from its orbit. Quite possibly an ancient mechanism used by E.T. to steer planets into habitable zones about a star.
That's a very original theory I never heard about.

Would the moon be completely artificial, according to this idea?

This is actually an idea that's a book. Forget what it's called, but the old saying about the man in the moon.. in the book anyways was based on an ancient knowledge about the man that lived inside the moon and controlled it. The layers of dust and meteor contacts over the millenia caused the current look.

Justinian

I used to root for zombies, but lately I'm thinking Yosemite is gonna blow and kill us all slowly due to food dying out.