Satan

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I must admit I've never met Satan and eithers. But I also respect the possibility that he could be real.

Could you please elaborate as to how you came to this conclusion, I find your comment most interesting. Please understand I'm not agreeing with you or disagreeing, I simply don't know...

Last edited:

Japrim

Sorry guys but there is no such thing as "Satan"

Allegory, ...Metaphorical construct, the ancient villainous icon for the nature of evil and sin.

Teaching ancient illiterate people about the nature of good and evil, giving them an ethical basis, a values system, through stories with characters like "Satan", is not much different than modern era cartoon characters experiencing ethical dilemma, with the angel on one shoulder and devil on the other, who teach illiterate young children about the nature of good and evil.

between-angels-and-demons_preview-f.jpg

Last edited:

Miscellaneous

..."If we analyse the conception of pleasure, we find that we cannot have any feeling of pleasure if we have no conception of pain. Similarly if we have no conception of pain, we could have no conception of pleasure. We can only know what one feeling is, by comparing it with the other feeling we had before and also knowing the difference. And then if we are going to enjoy pleasure throughout eternity, we must have some sort of conception of pain, otherwise we cannot enjoy pleasure throughout eternity. It is for that reason that those who believe in an eternity, will have to believe in eternal hell fire. The underlying truth of it is that we cannot enjoy the one without experiencing the other.

In the gross descriptions of hell and heaven, we find that there is a glass wall, separating hell from heaven, through which the souls, enjoying celestial pleasures, can see the others suffering and can compare and enjoy their pleasures; otherwise there is no enjoyment. It 78would be truly impossible for us to enjoy that pleasure if we enjoy that all the time and have no break. Now if we like music and hear music day and night without doing anything else, music would be a pleasure no more to us and within six hours we would be tired of it. If we see one colour all the time, it would no longer be a colour. If we can go to heaven and remain there throughout eternity, it would be no pleasure at all. Now under all these conditions we cannot find that eternal life in heaven with a finer body in the meaning of immortality, nor the enjoyment of celestial pleasures of the same kind without having any condition for comparison, is the meaning of immortality..."

The relative importance of Evil-

Life Beyond Death- Swami Abhedananda- quote
Good philosophy but I have to disagree at some of the points there but I think Itheblaze already said it better than I would. If anything, I think the philosophy is talking more about human nature and it's ups and down. ;)

Sorry guys but there is no such thing as "Satan" :)
Man created religion therefore man created God in their own image! Man is Satan himself! Some can choose to be like "God" or like "Satan." Some can be worse while some can be good. What I'm trying to say is if you want to be a good person, be the "God" that man preaches in his religion. Meanwhile if you want to be a bad person, be the "Satan" that man preached up against. Good and bad are subjective after all but we also have common sense as to know what kind of "bad" and "good" we're talking about. Alternatively, you can be in between good and bad—be "God" and "Satan" at the same time! The perfect epitome of good and bad, light and dark—yin and yang! :ROFLMAO:

Pardon me but I may have drunk too much coffee again ;) :whistle: :meow: :sneaky:

Carl Miller

I must admit I've never met Satan and either. But I also respect the possibility that he could be real.

Coignolease elaborate as to how you came to this conclusion, I find your comment most interesting. Please understand I'm not agreeing with you or disagreeing, I simply don't know...
Simple. Satan does not exist. The Creator would have never created an entity eternally devoted to evil. Despite of that evilness exists through human ignorance. Such evilness is considered to be the other side of the coin.

Carl Miller

Good philosophy but I have to disagree at some of the points there but I think Itheblaze already said it better than I would. If anything, I think the philosophy is talking more about human nature and it's ups and down.

Exactly. It is kinda trashy philosophy. It is too obvious that a human being can only value pleasure having previously suffered. Thanks.

Carl Miller

Night Vision said: ↑

Man created religion therefore man created God in their own image! Man is Satan himself! Some can choose to be like "God" or like "Satan." Some can be worse while some can be good. What I'm trying to say is if you want to be a good person, be the "God" that man preaches in his religion. Meanwhile if you want to be a bad person, be the "Satan" that man preached up against. Good and bad are subjective after all but we also have common sense as to know what kind of "bad" and "good" we're talking about. Alternatively, you can be in between good and bad—be "God" and "Satan" at the same time! The perfect epitome of good and bad, light and dark—yin and yang!

Pardon me but I may have drunk too much coffee again

I agree to what you post and you had a most clear point: a crystal clear one.
I agree with you in gender, in number and in degree.

Carl Miller

Allegory, ...Metaphorical construct, the ancient villainous icon for the nature of evil and sin.

Teaching ancient illiterate people about the nature of good and evil, giving them an ethical basis, a values system, through stories with characters like "Satan", is not much different than modern era cartoon characters experiencing ethical dilemma, with the angel on one shoulder and devil on the other, who teach illiterate young children about the nature of good and evil.

between-angels-and-demons_preview-f.jpg

Yes. It is childlike concepts being revisited through the lens of kardecist spiritism.
Always remember that without sticking into practicalities relating to the spiritual craft one can never judge the phenomenon of spiritual abduction correctly.
What people usually have in mind is a melodramatic play called Exorcism.

It is heartbreaking to see the outcome of a spiritual obsession or abduction. The spiritual abductor relentlessly will put his victims to his knees. But materialism still denies the whole process as a consequence of hormone imbalance in the brain, lack of synapse which is effected by DMT and serotonin or other physiological explanations.
But, we who believe in the spiritual nature of the human being go on applying praying and forgiveness as a means of cure of spiritual abduction.
Anyway be free to criticize, make comments and visiting.

Carl Miller

Then why does a baby cry when it's teething? Because the natural nerve ending in its gums is making the baby feel pain. You don't have an orgasm and say, "Humm? I wonder if that was painful or pleasurable?" You don't giggle your head off when you touch a hot stove. These are natural laws like up and down, in and out etc. I think each of us was made against our will. We each got put in a body against our will (given choice, no one would pick 3rd world country). And each will have to give an account on how we lived. This life is a test of our (each one) true nature.
Yes, pain is the alarm sign that something goes wrong. Likewise when someone claims to have been hurt by us it is the whistle blowing sign that perhaps it is time to be more kind to that person. Living is all about the love we are ready to share. Obviously if love does not shine bright moderating things we start to hate. And hate will bring about only suffering , sadness and the will of taking revenge. The metaphor for that is "Satan".

Carl Miller

Very interesting posts on good and bad, and how people and situations as well as perceive ways to correct or neutralize situations.

Everyone should understand: "human thoughts are real things and things can do things", be very careful for what you wish for or you may get completely different result than you originally expected.

As far as your brother-in-law and his alcoholic ways, most likely he is possessed by the alcoholic demons within him. Trying to do an exorcism is extremely dangerous, personally I question the Catholic priests that perform exorcisms if they're really doing good or bad for the victim being worked on. When an exorcism is performed the main thing is what do you do with what you've exercised out of the body of the possessed one and where do you send the evil entity within. Problem: if you do not handle it right all you've done pull that Evil spirit out and let it go, so it jumps on someone else and you have accomplish nothing. So where do you send the Evil entity, no one ever talks about and it is the most important aspect of an successful exorcism.

PS: Carl, I've also taught my youngest daughter to roll empty aluminum pop cans across the flat table and bend spoons. The mind is a powerful tool it needs to be respected and used for good only. There is a very thin gray line between good and not so good when using the power of the mind.
So you have a daughter who do metal bending! Yes, i see. Most probably i will also start bending metal very early in life as I am returned for another incarnation. I believe before reincarnating we were given the possibility to choose our next parents and have a panoramic view of our next existence.
My take on that is clear- we are spiritual beings sojourning in this life for a while. i can obtain the detachment between counciousness and the physical body, i mean i can discriminate one from the other as i have those recurrent past life dreams in which i see myself in Babylon 350 years B.C. Those gigantic coppery gates, huge statues of Ahura Mazda- the God of Light as opposed to Ahriman- the Lord of the Underworld. And it is brought back to my mind when we first got familiar to the old concept of the existence of Satan- Zoroastrism, that is it!
i still remember, professor, when once i asked you if you believed in me. You know i am an insider into the so called Esoterical issues, i am graduate in high degrees of secret societies. And you know that Masons and alike are known to keep the truth, are never seen to be lying.
i also do not advise Exorcism for the simple fact that the latter is based on the existence of an entity devoted to evil and that does not exist. Otherwise i have made contact to spirits or discarnate beings and some of them are angry and wish to take revenge on those who allegedly had once been 'bad' for them. i am an insider into the kardecist spiritist method of dis-obsession leading the angry spirit to forgiveness, resorting in the words of the gospel. Offering them the example given by Jesus Christ. Since it works in its practicalities we overlook other complexities involving philosophy and religion having in mind that we are dealing with half ignorant entities who only can learn basic things.