30 Day Raw Food Experiment

Whitelight

Re: 30 Day Raw Food Experiment

Brent, are you trying to lose weight as well?

You should have cottage cheese and cucumber and pepper, mm! I had that last night and it was yummy :) I also had a wheat free wrap that was only 130 calories with some tuna and cottage cheese and some other stuff thrown in.

I noticed for the first week going gluten free I had intense cravings for everything I cut out, and I also felt miserable. After awhile it get's better. I'm surprised your not pooping more with all that fruit, you should add some more veggies to your diet for roughage.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Nope, not trying to lose weight. I'm 5'9 and weigh about 160 pounds or so.

The only thing non raw-vegan I've had is a little artisan bread as a platform for the veggies and stuff, so cottage cheese might be further than I want to go with his experiment (dairy). There is a recipe for raw vegetarian cottage cheese which I might try if I think I can stick with it after my 30 days...

Whitelight

That's too bad. I discovered cottage cheese recently and love it so much. The only problem is the sodium. Actually, I think I'll go scramble some eggs with cottage cheese right now :)

StarLord

Your body will be going through a shock period. One of the best things you can do is to help your Colon free up some of the stuff it might be holding on to for the last 7 years... I BE Very serious about this. No one likes to go near the subject but, start searching why it is you need to empty the cess pool (colon) prior or during a Raw Diet.

Keep the "ruffage" up. Also, any and all Raw Green veggies. Stay away from dark brown or black.

Do you have a Rice Cooker? I highly recommend you get some Brown Rice. A Rice Cooker is fool proof. If you get one let me know.

Yes, I know, Brown Rice isn't "Raw". However, if I may:

http://www.detox.org/brown-rice-diet

Ah, don't be surprised if your body manifests all sorts of -shit hit the fan- aches and complaints.

Whitelight

There it is. The cravings for all the things you know you can't have.

I get gluten cravings around my period too :p haha I daydream about whole wheat toast with margarine.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Day 3:

Cravings are setting in... I really want some damn Beefaroni right now.

Breakfast:
Made a smoothie with 2 bananas and various leafy greens. Ate 3 large oranges, a bunch of grapes, 3 stalks of celery, a sliced up papaya. 2 bananas, a handful of raspberries and blueberries and 6 strawberries.

Lunch:
A cup of raw nuts and seeds and a huge salad (romaine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, and an avocado. Lemon juice for dressing).

Dinner:
10 strawberries, 2 bananas, 1 slice of watermelon, a cup of blackberries.

I feel like I got plenty of calories today, not hungry at all and way more energy than normal. Did feel a bit feverish right before lunch which is in line with detox symptoms, or blood-sugar issues like another poster described.

Major cravings for junk food though... I spent a good portion of the day thinking about a nice big hamburger...

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

This girl and I went to dinner about a week ago and I had to abandon my experiment. Women before science.

I HAVE been eating quite a bit healthier though, I actually get nauseous at the thought of fast food or overly sugared stuff. My complexion has cleared up immensely, I've got more energy, when I wake up in the morning I'm actually AWAKE... I imagine if I had made it the whole 30 days I'd have eventually learned to shoot lasers from my eyes and travel through time without the aid of a magnet.