30 Day Raw Food Experiment

ZeoEmeraude

Re: 30 Day Raw Food Experiment

I had to splurge today...only because it's my birthday. I had to have some Domino's Pizza. I will pay for it later...but it's worth it.

Chip Lewis

This girl and I went to dinner about a week ago and I had to abandon my experiment. Women before science.

I HAVE been eating quite a bit healthier though, I actually get nauseous at the thought of fast food or overly sugared stuff. My complexion has cleared up immensely, I've got more energy, when I wake up in the morning I'm actually AWAKE... I imagine if I had made it the whole 30 days I'd have eventually learned to shoot lasers from my eyes and travel through time without the aid of a magnet.

Women before Science...Haha! That was pretty good. I'm impressed Brent, if I'd have eaten all that raw shit, indigestion would have killed me within a matter of hours.

StarLord

Chip, does Salad normally do that to you? Which hits you the worst, lots of fruit or raw veggies?

Chip Lewis

Put it this way, I ate 2 (raw) plums for lunch yesterday and the acid in my stomach was at the back of my tongue until lunch today. Lettuce, cabbage, carrots Etc only affect me if I eat them alone or before a big steak. If I eat the steak first...I'm fine. But not the other way around.

Edgar Cayce says I should give up beer and my acid issues will go away...WHY oh why must I give up my beer?!?!

To answer your question: Fruit is much worse!

StarLord

If Edgar Cayce called you first I'd have to say ok. If you called Edgar Cayce first, I'd have to say stay away from those midnight Dagwoods...

Have you ever tried cutting the fruit with a glass of water? Same idea of drinking fruit juice, split it 50-50 with water so the acid doesn't run away with you.

Chip Lewis

Haha! No no no, I have read a lot of EC's medical transcripts and there was this gentleman in particular who had all of my symptoms. Edgar told him to stop drinking fermented beverages specifically containing wheat and hopps...

Yes, I've attempted to dilute the acid effect and it did help a little. I drink fruit juice all of the time to make up for my lack of fruit consumption.

Whitelight

Fruit kills my tummy, I'm stuck on the toilet for awhile sometimes.

I have to eat it with other stuff and drink a ton of water, my stomach is still healing after quitting gluten in April though so it might get better.

StarLord

Chip, have you been forced to take meds like Prilosec due to an over abundance of acid?

(Have you been checked out to determine if you have a virus or bacteria running rampant? You may already know all about it, if not there are tests for them.)

2 things might help, check with your doctor about the first and your local swami on the second, 1-2 table spoons of 99.9% pure Aloe Vera Gel cut with 25% of your favorite fruit juice that does not bother you and 25% water twice a day once in the morning and once in the evening, if juice is out of the question then water. That may help to start the healing process. }}}Caution, Woo Woo Alert{{{ The second thing is kind of out of the box perspective, try meditation. Primal Sound meditation, it's a great healing technique.
For an over view,

Tuning In to the Primal Sound

Check out the Tibetan Bowl sound meditation on this link as an example (I didn't check out the others):

how to meditate with sound

Funny thing about the "primal sound", I knew about Aum and other sounds to listen to or chant, but years ago when I was fooling around with my Jackson Charvel (one of the pickups is a Seymour Duncan SH-? Humbucker and the other is a Hand Made pickup can't remember the make (great for over driving, But I digress) and my Boss pedals, I noticed that there were certain notes that were a total vehicle that could just suck your attention away because you followed the sound. Certain cords are like that too, I think they call some of them "Power Cords" I'm not 100% sure. It's hard to explain. Basically you just sit and listen, going past all the sounds around you until they fade into the back ground, and wait. It can be many types, the sound sand makes as a wave leaves the beach, a violin, bag pipes, a flute, thunder... you can't chase it. It's very much like hunting something at night, if you look directly at it, you can't see it but you can see it at the sides of your vision as you scan and if it moves. This sound is kind of like that, you sort of chase it backwards, you become aware of it and let it come to you. I know, confusing as all hell, can't get much more woo woo than that, but it's the best way I know how to explain it. Once you "get" it, it's locked in until it changes. The next time a crunch hits and your stress lever hits the roof all you have to do is put your attention on that sound and your body switches to that meditative mode as if you were doing your daily meditating routine and the energy changes and you are not moved by stress. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Hope it helps you.