Debate 911 was 17 years ago

titorite

Respectfully, I think our conversation goes to the heart of the initial posting of this thread: thoughts on 9/11 and whether you think it was an inside job or not. Whether the people on the planes (or at least the roster of people who were supposed to be on those planes) are real goes to a portion of the inside job or not discussion. Maybe that's a discussion for a different thread... but I think it's over anyway (even if it's been frustrating for me).

I admire this perspective.

We are civilly and cordially discussing the topic of the thread subject. IF others are being disturbed by our civil and dare I say respectful … polite even correspondence … fuck em.

You've been most cordial cirrus and while I can not see eye to eye with you, I can not say you have rude or less than civil or anything like that. And I have done my best to reciprocate amicable polite discourse.

Its a 911 thread. We talking about 911.... nobody has even used a cuss word I think till me cause someone else butted in saying fifis might be being hurt lets talk about the topic.... Minimal offense intended but we are talking about the topic. Good god we haven't sworn at each other or nothing . if you wanna drive the conversation elsewhere then try to do so classicfan but dont tell us to stop talking when we aint even saying anything harmful to one another.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
I will never forget that day. I still remember that on September 5th, 2001, I went to the city, and I remember looking up at the towers and taking a picture of them. When I saw on TV that the towers were hit I was shocked, and when they fell, I got really confused. I still remember writing down in an old notebook "How can a plane cause the collapse of a skyscraper?" If you really wanted me too I could probably find my old notebook and picture of the twin towers from that day

titorite

Good lord that might just be something to do for yourself. My brother in law put in a VHS tape that day and hit record.... I was shocked he had the where with-all-to do it myself. I kick myself in the ass for loaning it out to another researcher I trusted.....never got it back.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Respectfully, I think our conversation goes to the heart of the initial posting of this thread: thoughts on 9/11 and whether you think it was an inside job or not. Whether the people on the planes (or at least the roster of people who were supposed to be on those planes) are real goes to a portion of the inside job or not discussion. Maybe that's a discussion for a different thread... but I think it's over anyway (even if it's been frustrating for me).
My sincere apologies then. In fact, I'm putting the "Debate" label on this thread.

Mayhem

Zenith
I was in Ireland on the day, a photographer came into work to get some film developed said ya better put on the Tv.

In about 15 mins people were sitting down watching it, work came to a standstill.

Small studio at the time ended up being packed , some Americans clients were visibly upset.

Cirrus

that is a sore thumb and a half cause like I know lawsuits have been filed and theirs been controversy over it.. but that means just the building people.... E yikes... That is an aspect I had not looked at. thanks for mentioning it.

But the "people on the plane" (I'm saying it that way only because saying it the longer way as I have been saying it is quite too long) did file a lawsuit in 2003 and now are going after Saudi Arabia. Things will come out in this litigation now that the Saudis lost a portion of their protective order.

titorite

You mean people in the buildings right? Regardless of your opinion or mine their cant be any people from any planes suing anyone.

Cirrus

You mean people in the buildings right? Regardless of your opinion or mine their cant be any people from any planes suing anyone.

Nope. The families of the people on the planes are suing. The current suit is aimed at Saudi Arabia. Here's the link to the article from the attorneys for the families of the deceased that I posted on an earlier page. The people in the buildings might also be part of this lawsuit too, but it costs money to access the federal court docket. The lead plaintiff is "one of the people on the planes".

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Nope. The families of the people on the planes are suing. The current suit is aimed at Saudi Arabia. Here's the link to the article from the attorneys for the families of the deceased that I posted on an earlier page. The people in the buildings might also be part of this lawsuit too, but it costs money to access the federal court docket. The lead plaintiff is "one of the people on the planes".

The point I made earlier was that the families of the victims on the passenger planes never filed lawsuits against the airlines of those passenger planes. The link you posted does corroborate that fact.

Cirrus

There was one fact that I came across quite a while ago. "No lawsuits were filed by the families of the victims on those planes. " That fact sort of sticks out like a sore thumb.

Your post only says that the victims' families did not file any lawsuits without any specification to who or what entity was being sued. If the victims' families filed lawsuits against the airlines, they would undoubtedly lose. Check out the fine print anytime you fly... also there was nothing that they could actively due after some maniacs knife the pilot (at least in that day and age).