A Rant about Elon Musk

Wind7

Staff
I have a hard time believing that actual employees take part, manually, in moderation. They must let 99% of it to algorithms and programs. The only manual moderation some employees have to do must be when something huge happens, like when they banned Donald Trump, for instance. Or when the police, FBI, etc are into it and they need to react ASAP. That must be about it.

Did a quick Google Search, here:
Every second, on average, around 6,000 tweets are tweeted on Twitter, corresponding to over 350,000 tweets sent per minute, 500 million tweets per day, and around 200 billion tweets per year.

How on Earth can you moderate all that shit? And yep, most of it is shit. Well, you let a program do the heavy lifting for you and you have a team manage the remaining <1% that requires a brain and common sense to process.

I don't doubt that shadowbans do exist. It's a pretty classic - perhaps a little lazy - tactic. But what I fail to see, is why they'd target people like us. Unless I'm clearly missing something, and you (@PaulaJedi) have a literal TON of followers, like 10K to 100K to 1M + and you (and your audience) can make waves on Twitter.

I'm also curious as to how you can measure how shadowbanned you are. What makes you say it got worse overnight?

Well, outside of all that, you're probably better off not using Twitter at all. Don't use products you don't enjoy. It should be simple as that. Maybe you'll prefer Tumblr, Pinterest, or Instagram, for instance. To each their own.

I suppose people will go to other interests such as forums.....?

I did notice an increase of new members here when mister FB had all the troubles.

Mayhem

Zenith

Struggle to survive: Elon Musk’s first email to Twitter staff is a bleak warning

Elon Musk has ordered remote Twitter workers to return to the office immediately for at least 40 hours a week while warning the “economic picture ahead is dire” in his first email to staff.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
told ya,....deal.

Still sleeping with one eye open! But yes, that was very good news. I wonder if he was posting Yoel's stuff so much to SHOW us what he was doing. I didn't even know the guy existed until recently. We'll have to just wait and see......

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I suppose people will go to other interests such as forums.....?

I did notice an increase of new members here when mister FB had all the troubles.

I have a link to this thread on my Twitter bio, but I don't know if people are reading it or not.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
@PaulaJedi From what I can see, your Twitter profile is 100% private. The only people who can view your profile and your tweets are the people you follow. No one else can.

1668182805715.png

You might not be shadowbanned after all. It's very likely your privacy settings that make your tweets invisible to everyone, except the few people you follow.