Ancient Aliens

Verigon

Woah! That post scared me. I'm a Christian and a follower of God but I'm open to these kind of stuff. I got blown away about the Orme and Jesus being a crossbreed of aliens and human beings. I still believe in God but I was shocked and I thought if this was real then our so called "God" was actually and alien. Nice post! Mind boggling.

With all due respect, why would that change anything?
Claiming something/someone to be a god, God, or godlike is simply a way of explaining something you do not understand.
Why would it matter the nature of his/her/it's origin if the message remains unchanged? I, for one, think that the being labeled "God" could very-well be that of alien origin.

While remaining in the realm of science, how else would you describe it? I just can't picture some old gray haired guy, sitting on a cloud, monitoring Wars, holocaust, famine, and my inappropriate thoughts of my old high school teacher while in the shower. As fun as magic sounds, I just don't believe that fantasy. Alien life-forms are more likely to exist, than not to. Even without hard evidence, probability says otherwise. So, it's more likely that he is of Alien origin, than of mystical (almost mythical) origin.

My thoughts anyway.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I have read quite a bit on this topic, i find it extremely interesting. A little hard to absorb all this, since if it is really true , then absolutly everything weve ever been told is a lie.

i would agree with this. as i have been intrested in this for some time. the poss. that we are a seeded race would explain alot. like why don't we all look the same(not like clones) all the same wht,blk,orent.ect. also don't be to suprised that you were lied to. we all were, and it is a sad day indeed when you learn that. but they only gave us what they knew at the time . kinda like the earth is flat. so don't be mad at anyone they did there best to learn us somethin. it was just wrong. or at least not completely acurate. just remember question everything always its harder to fool ya that way. it do piss people off thow. but hey its better to be pissed off, than pissed on:D

Harte

He's far more legitimate than this "David Tsoukalos" that shows up on the History Channel's show, "Ancient Aliens" and yet that show gets oodles of funding, massive amounts of viewers, and they don't even try to introduce new concepts or theorize at all.

Calling him a deal old fraud is insanely disrespectful to his memory. He has translated many of the texts, but I'm sure he spent far more time analyzing texts that were already in readable form. I do not see how one could possibly try and call him a fraud - his books are nothing more than his own semi-theoretical take on the subject.

But the fact of the matter is the facts in his books line up. They line up in the biggest of ways by either confirming or strengthening known historical facts.

Nobody says a damned thing when Sumerian accounting documents talking about grain get translated, but when a man translates and theorizes about their religions and the possibility of aliens/gods, he's suddenly a "lying con man"? Last time I checked, he wasn't forcing his books and philosophies upon like the world, like Sigmund Fraud has been pushed upon us for the last hundred years.

Take his books as either insight or toilet paper - but do not sully a good man's memory by calling him a liar and a fraud simply because you do not agree with him.
Except, he couldn't read cuneiform so he never "translated" anything.

He replaced words in other's translations with terms he specifically chose to further his own fictitious narrative. The word "rocket" comes to mind.

I can't believe people of sound mind can consume his dreck without actually becoming physically ill.

Obviously, these are the people that don't care about the truth, nor are they interested in investing enough of their own time to get even a semblance of a balanced view of what is factually known about the past.

Harte

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ha ha ha you gotta be joking Harte he used the word rocket and then said it was from way back then????? like they knew bout rockets or would call it by that name. hell give them tablets to me I'll do some story tellin too:D

kcwildman

Beastmaster
we all must judge what what we hear as true or false. just as the sailors did when the leading minds of the day said the earth was flat. sometimes, even the best and brightest are just plain wrong.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well I don't know it is relavent but I heard a thought line put forth that....
the serpant in the garden of Edan was in fact a reptilan alien and the original sin was to listen to or fallow the reptilan instead of the nordic aliens that had created/seeded us on this planet, and that when the nordics returned to check up on us. found that we had been altered, were realy pissed.drove off the reptilans and changed us so we could no longer understand there form of language and forbid the reptilans from interacting with us any more, untill such a time as we had reached the stars and were able to travel beyond our own solar system.
thats pretty much where I had to leave as we were at a field meet comonly known as (run what you brung) and my number was called for the slowest rider compition. I lost the slow race and when I got back to the shade tree the dude was gone never saw him again but couldn't shake the line of thought. even thow I was drunk enough to piss 80 proof it spooked me enough that still remember after 15 yrs

CarpeNemo

Except, he couldn't read cuneiform so he never "translated" anything.

He replaced words in other's translations with terms he specifically chose to further his own fictitious narrative. The word "rocket" comes to mind.

I can't believe people of sound mind can consume his dreck without actually becoming physically ill.

Obviously, these are the people that don't care about the truth, nor are they interested in investing enough of their own time to get even a semblance of a balanced view of what is factually known about the past.

Harte

Firstly - I'd like to point out that somebody has to be translating these Sumerian documents. Because as they're being translated, we're seeing more and more of texts from later periods being nothing more than copies of these older stories.

You may be very well right that Sitchin may have not translated a tablet himself, but as with all things, perspective matters. He would often replace words, but if you'd actually pay attention he didn't just willy nilly randomly pop in words from a list until he found one that worked in his favour.

You do NOT have to like him. You do not have to agree with me. But as I respect other scholars and your opinion, I have to ask you to respect my opinions and Sitchin's works. His books aren't being taught in public school, and they are nothing more than a reflection of his own tedious work and opinions.

As with ALL new research or "Far-fetched" theories, there will always be somebody to harass them. Einstein got called a crackpot his fair share of times, if'n I recall correctly and now scientists worship the ground he pissed upon.

:EDIT: Also - it hurts my soul that you would be glad that Sitchin is dead, as well. His works were nothing more than a compilation of his own theories, and were not forced upon anyone. What's beyond that, is that I recommend Sitchin's work to people who want a short version of the whole story - Sitchin wasn't the only author putitng out works that corroborated these theories.

I, for one, will miss him dearly and I hope his memory will be remembered happily rather than be some slanderous internet toad who has nothing more than hate for anything that doesn't conform with their own theories.

Also - the reptilian stuff makes no sense to me. I've read other translations of Sumerian texts and the closest I can figure that comes to that may be the Annunaki's strange style of dress. They liked to wear winged costumes with plumage and scales. And I don't see how you can call them "Norse".