Another Inside the HDR Thread: Dissecting my HDR

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
So , where did Steven Gibbs was getting his T Bar to build an Electro Magnet for HDR ???

From pictures I've seen, Steven welded on a smaller diameter bar to the end of the 1" iron bar thus making it into a T-bar.

"Do you know how long the wire have to be for the magnet and how many wraps i have to do to the T shaped Core as far as i know its sopposed to be very specific number of wraps. Einstein if you know that info i would appreciate if you tell me that info."

I got an ohms reading value from someone with an electromagnet made by Steven Gibbs. The value for the finished electromagnet is 11.2 ohms using #21 AWG magnet wire. There are charts available that you could look up to see how many feet of wire that translates into. The latest info from Doc 05 is 7 layers of wire (fore and aft for each layer) with insulating tape between each layer and then wrap the whole electromagnet with insulating tape. I used silicone tape to finish my electromagnet. This tape comes in different colors and is heat resistant up to 500 degrees F.

silicone_tape_colors.jpg

Stanley

thank you Stevo. is that how many layers Steven Gibbs was wraping around the T shapet electromagnet ? i just spend today about $400 on parts gonna build 16 of them for my self

Stanley

From pictures I've seen, Steven welded on a smaller diameter bar to the end of the 1" iron bar thus making it into a T-bar.

"Do you know how long the wire have to be for the magnet and how many wraps i have to do to the T shaped Core as far as i know its sopposed to be very specific number of wraps. Einstein if you know that info i would appreciate if you tell me that info."

I got an ohms reading value from someone with an electromagnet made by Steven Gibbs. The value for the finished electromagnet is 11.2 ohms using #21 AWG magnet wire. There are charts available that you could look up to see how many feet of wire that translates into. The latest info from Doc 05 is 7 layers of wire (fore and aft for each layer) with insulating tape between each layer and then wrap the whole electromagnet with insulating tape. I used silicone tape to finish my electromagnet. This tape comes in different colors and is heat resistant up to 500 degrees F.

silicone_tape_colors.jpg

Stanley

silicone_tape_colors.jpg

Stanley

silicone_tape_colors.jpg
Einstein i am building 16 of them for my self gonna try to costom order Potentiometers and 1.0uF 250V capacitors cuz they are not around anymore

TimeFlipper

Thanks @Scarecrow
I always appreciate your posts.

My questions is; how did you position/utilize the two HDR's electromagnetics and time (head) coils on this experiment?

Thanks again.
Forgive me if i have missed some postings of yours, but i havent seen how you are getting along with the DTA and the DTG :unsure:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Einstein what does this mean (fore and aft for each layer)
If you were winding on a winding jig you would wind wire say in the right direction up to your measured stop point and then reverse direction and wind back to your starting point. That is one layer. Stop and apply insulating tape and then repeat the operation 6 more times.