Another Inside the HDR Thread: Dissecting my HDR

Stanley

i am not a gay i am straight but damn it i love you Stevo man i was looking for a good switch all over Thank You gonna get all this tomorrow i am going to sleep in Australia its a day

steven chiverton

if your in Australia write the catalogue numbers down for the parts it dosent really matter what the capacitor is made of as the ones i used are good quality anyhow if not even a 1.0uf poly capacitor rated even at 600 volts or under that to 250 volts is ok still and if using a neon for a power indicator jaycar sells different color neons to

steven chiverton

the terminals red and black have a metal washer ring in the center if using these for time coils cover these terminals with red heatshrink tubing for the red terminal and black for the black as these metal washers are live when the time coil is plugged in and if you happen to touch both the metal washer would be live as they surround the center pins of these plugs so are active then and can be dangerous even though you may think the sockets are plastic look carefully theres an uninsulated metal washer in the center

steven chiverton

if the time coil has the plugs as long as they dont have screws in the sides which are tightened to hold the wires in then you be ok otherwise cover the whole plug if its got a screw in the side in heatshrink tubeing so it wont zapp you if you happen to grab one while its plugged in and switched on