Another Inside the HDR Thread: Dissecting my HDR

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Just a quick heads up, the coil you are showing looks more like a pancake coil than a caduceus coil..

The picture below is of the Caduceus coil variety...Notice where the wires cross over at regular intervals and at 45 degree angles to form an X, which describes areas of collapsed magnetic fields..

View attachment 13638

Gibbs originally used a bifilar coil in a pancake wound configuration in his older HDR design. He changed the design to a caduceus coil configuration by adding a twist to the bifilar wires. Just enough twist puts the wires at right angles to each other thus making it a bonafide caduceus coil. There are many other ways to make a caduceus coil too.

100-0471.jpg

Last edited:

Doc 05

Zenith
Gibbs originally used a bifilar coil in a pancake wound configuration in his older HDR design. He changed the design to a caduceus coil configuration by adding a twist to the bifilar wires. Just enough twist puts the wires at right angles to each other thus making it a bonafide caduceus coil. There are many other way to make a caduceus coil too.

100-0471.jpg
Thanks @Einstein ,
Nice looking HDR ;)
So what constitutes a Mobius coil?

Doc 05

Zenith
I'm not familiar with the term Mobius Coil. I would need to see it used in context with wherever you heard the term used.
My humble apologizes; @Einstein and @TimeFlipper
I was confusing the term Mobius coil with the term Caduceus coil.
(And Caduceus coil with Tesla Bifilar Pancake coil). ;)

My ignorance always tries to trip me;
but I can beat it with knowledge.

Thank you all for your help.

The-caduceus-coil.png

Doc 05

Zenith
@Doc 05 maybe you were thinking of this?

View attachment 13641
Thanks @Mayhem

I knew I had seen it before; but after a quick internet search on all these "coils",
I hesitate to label "any" coil, without proper research and consensus.

There's a Lot of so-called "coils", with all sorts of claims;
bend a piece of wire, give it a back-story, call it a coil,
make some outlandish statements and sell it on the internet for $!

I still try to keep the science in pseudo-science as much as I can. ;)

Thanks again
p.s. What Gibbs report is that from?

Mayhem

Zenith